Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Forty One

Her eyes squinted as they came into contact with the bright light. She blinked a few times, groaning - everywhere felt like it hurt. Her arms were stiff and her head pounded.

As her eyes adjusted to the light it became apparent to her that there was a man sat with his head resting on her bed - his hand clutching hers.

"Brian?" She whispered.

His reaction was immediate. His head quickly lifted from the bed, a grin stretched across his handsome features. "Hello you," He said, smile still in place as he reached up and cupped her cheek with his hand, tracing a pattern with his thumb.

"How long was I out?" she asked, feeling like their roles had been reversed.

"Just a few hours," He explained "How do you feel?"

"Like someone beat the shit out of me," She moaned as she attempted to move her aching body to get comfortable.

"My poor baby," Brian replied reattaching his hand with hers. "I'm sorry you got into this shit."

She smiled "There's no need to apologise. I'm just happy to be with you now," She paused for a second "What happened after I passed out?"

"Well...uhm..." He leant back in his chair, scratching the back of his head "The police and paramedics we called burst in after Zach was...uhm...shot."

"He what?!" She exclaimed, ignoring the pain searing through her body "Is he okay? This is all my fault! Brian...he's not...is he?"

"He's in surgery at the minute," Brian explained "He was caught on the left side of his stomach; the bullet became lodged but they say he's going to be fine. Skye's loyally waiting for him but I can go get her for you if you want to see him."

Lauren frowned "Skye's waiting for him?"

He chuckled "A lot has happened while you've been away but that's for the two of them to explain."

*

As soon as the doors burst open and Zach was wheeled out of theater Skye jumped to her feet.

"Is he okay? Did it go well? When will he be awake?"

The doctor smiled "He's going to be fine, the surgery went well and he should be left with minimal scarring. He'll be fully awake in about 30 minutes to an hour - it always depends on the person."

"Thank you," Skye grinned, talking Zach's pale hand as they wheeled him to his room.

*

"I've just seen Skye in the corridor," Brian said, handing Lauren the tea he had gone to get for her "Zach's out of surgery - he's going to be fine."

Lauren grinned "How's Skye?"

"She seems okay. She said she'll pop in to see you in a few minutes, she's been so worried about you," He said as he sat on the edge of her bed - linking their hands together.

She looked up at him, emotion lining her eyes as she squeezed his hand "Thank you for saving my life Brian."

"I didn-"

"No!" She cut him off "Your not getting out of this one! I don't only mean the warehouse but in general. If it weren't for you I'd still be moping about Daisie and not getting on with living. You've made life so much better - I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You're pretty special yourself gorgeous," He grinned "I'm going nowhere - I'm here for your every beck and call - just as you were for me - for as long as you need me." He added smirking.

To show her he was serious about his promise - and because he just couldn't wait any longer - he leant down and kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more ;)

I dont like this one as much "/

Comment =]
Samxx