Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Six

"Hi, is it possible for me to speak to a Zach Baker?" Lauren sighed and ran a hand through her hair as the woman on the other end of the line kindly tried to explain why the record company didnt give out the phone numbers of their clients.

In order to help Brian with his amnesia she needed his closest friends to visit. Having them in the same room as him might help jog his memory.

She decided to cut the girl off mid speech. "My name's Lauren Armstrong, I'm a nurse at Evergreen Emergency Unit in New York. I'm trying to get hold of Mr. Baker on behalf of my patient."

"Ooh," The girl replied "What's your patients name? I'm sure we an send them some signed goodies."

"It's a Mister Brian Haner Jnr."

The line went silent.

"Mr. Haner is currently recovering from a road traffic accident here at the hospital and I wanted to inform any friends or family."

It took a few more minutes for the girl to reply. "I've spoken to my manager and he's given me the go ahead to connect you through to Mr. Baker's home phone."

Lauren smiled and leant back in her chair behind the nurses station "Thank you."

Nerves welled up in her body as the phone rang. She always hated being the bearer of bad news.

"Hello?" A gruff male voice answered sounding like he had only just woke up.

Lauren took a deep breath "Hi my name's Lauren Armstrong, I work at Evergreen Emergency Unit."

"Oh," He said clearly shocked "That's in New York right?"

"That's correct, yes," She answered "I'm calling on behalf of the patient in my care - Brian Haner Jnr -"

"Brian?!" Zach exclaimed, a noise followed, sounding like he'd dropped the phone "I-is he alright?"

"He's doing just fine, he was involved in a RTA but is recovering well from his physical wounds," Lauren explained "But due to the nature of the car crash he is suffering from amnesia."

"We'll be there as soon as we can," Zach rushed "If I leave my number with you will you call me to let me know if there's any change?"

Once Lauren had jotted down his number she gave him the number of the phone she was using in case he needed to contact her.

"Before you go, I was just wondering if you could put me in contact with a Miss Rosa Clarke's family? She was in the car with Brian."

"I'm sorry," Zach replied, clearly confused "But I dont know her."