Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Nine

"We come baring presents!" Lauren smiled in a sing song voice as her and Skye entered the room.

Brian grinned as he attempted to hoist himself further into a sitting position with his good arm.

Skye dumped the box on the table that Brian used to eat his meals "There we are!" She beamed.

He looked different to what she was expecting. His usual spiked and styled hair lay flat against his head, he was thinner and bags lay beneath his eyes.

She was glad her sister was here to help.

As Lauren checked all the usual stuff, broken arm, leg and stitches, Skye brought everything out of the box to show him.

"I'm sorry I'm not what you expected," He whispered softly catching Skye off guard.

Lauren stopped her fussing to listen to her sister's answer.

Skye sighed "Listen, I didnt come here to meet a rockstar. I came to help," A smile tugged on the corner of her lips "I wanted to meet Brian Haner the patient. We'll soon get that memory back if we work together."

"You, young lady, are just like your sister."

"Nahh, she's totally better."

*

"So, what, Brian's crash was all set up?" Zach Baker asked the dark haired girl who stood before him "That's why we can't go and see him?"

Valary DiBenedetto, fiancee of Matt Sanders, shrugged "That's what your management say."

"And they think we're next?" Jimmy Sullivan, drummer of the band and also known as The Rev, asked as his own fiancee - Leana Silver - looked worried.

As Val nodded Johnny Sewerd - band bassist and also known as Johnny Christ - piped up "Thats rediculous!"

"I know that!" Val exclaimed "It's them who are worried about you," She added as she flopped down on the sofa next to Matt.

"It doesn't feel right - us here while he's suffering in some hospital," Lacey Franklin, Johnny's girlfriend, stated a worried expression on her face.

"My point exactly!" Zach exclaimed.

"Who was this 'Rosa' chick anyway?" Gena Paulhus - Zach's girlfriend - asked as she handed everyone a drink.

Val sighed "That's what management are worrying about - no one knows."

*

"Hi," Lauren grinned as she reached the nurses station to sign in.

"Oh, Lauren, hey!" Carla smiled, looking stressed as usual "You're looking brighter."

"Thanks," Lauren replied retrieving Brian's notes "For the first time in ages I feel brighter."

"Good," Carla answered with distraction in her voice "Listen Lauren, can I ask you about something?"

"Yeh sure," She replied sitting on one of the computer chairs.

Carla sat opposite her "I've been told to monitor your work - you arent becoming to involved with Mr. Haner are you?"

Lauren's jaw dropped and she felt her face flush with anger and humiliation. Carla looked at her, expecting an answer.

Lauren jumped to her feet. "So this is what it's gunna be like now?!" She half shouted, ignoring Carla's shocked expression "I'm forever gunna be watched and asked questions about my work?"

Without waiting to hear Carla's answer Lauren grabbed her stuff and stormed to Brian's room.