Fifteenth and Lubbock.

1/1

"Is it okay to be attracted to you? I mean, you can't have sex or anything, right?" Gale asked him. She bent over the wooden table in front of the couch and snorted another line.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you should not be attracted to me, and I guess technically I could have sex, but it wouldn't put me on good terms with the big guy," Adam replied.

Gale wiped her nose and sniffed repeatedly. She sat up again and threw her head back. Then she looked at Adam again. She didn't speak at first, she just looked him up and down.

"I don't need you to be here. There are people like me everywhere. Worse people, even."

"Well God seems to think you're special. And most people like you aren't seventeen. There are people like you, just not as many. And for all we know, they have someone assigned to them, or are going to soon," he said.

"What if you're not even an angel? Where's your halo? Those wings could be taped to your back. What if I wake up in the morning, you're not here, and my wallet's stolen?"

Adam smiled.

"Well I guess you're just going to have to trust me," he said.

"Just so I know…take off your shirt so I can see your wings good," she added before leaning over and snorting another line.

"You're just trying to get me to take my clothes off again," he said. "And this would be a pretty elaborate way to just steal someone's wallet."

She shrugged and scratched her stomach, which was out in the open. She wore a tube top that looked like it wasn't sold that way. It looked like she bought a undersized t-shirt and cut it. Her legs were open, which was highly inappropriate due to the fact that she was wearing a green neon skirt that stopped just below her ass. With her legs like that, with no underwear, if Adam looked down, he would see directly into her vagina.

He didn't notice.

"Were you gay when you were on earth? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I was just wondering, since you haven't looked me over and have no interest in touching me at all."

He smiled again.

"No, I wasn't homosexual. When you become an angel, you don't think about things like that anymore. It doesn't even cross your mind," he explained.

"I'm surprised God or whatever knew where to send you to get me. I mean I know he looks down and sees everything and shit, but it's so dark on Fifteenth and Lubbock. Only real skeezballs come around there. But they pay the most," she said.

"God knows where all his children are. Especially when they need a guardian," he said matter-of-factly.

"You're supposed to make me better, right? Cause I'm headed to Hell?" she asked. She'd asked earlier after finally believe him to be an angel, but she wanted clarification.

"Well…yes," he said. Then he stretched. She stood and went behind him.

"I'm sure since you're already an angel, and you plan on making me better, God would forgive you if you slept with me once. Maybe if you didn't, you wouldn't get through to me," she said, starting to massage his shoulders.

"…Interesting theory," he said, unwavering. She'd been with many men, clearly, because of her occupation, but the thought of sleeping with an angel, not just any angel, a handsome one, would be the experience of a lifetime.

"Come on…" she said, digging her elbow into his back in circles.

"Will it get you to take me seriously?" he asked. Her eyes widened at the fact that he seemed to be actually taking this into consideration.

"Yes. Definitely."

She was correct. It was possibly the best sex she'd ever had in her life. She was even exhausted, and that never happened to her. She'd finally woken up at dawn, and had to cover her eyes from the sun streaming through her window. She stretched and sat up, looking around for Adam, who was no longer next to her.

She swung her legs off the side of the bed and yawned, then stood up. She went out into her living room slash kitchen and froze.

Her stash of cocaine, television, rug, and radio had been stolen. And her wallet.