You've Already Got Me Coming Undone

The Great Escape

“So what are we going to see?” Emily asked once they had walked up to the ticket booth.

“Well, uh, I was thinking something scary, but with what just happened, I think we could both us a little humor.”
“How about Night at the Museum then?” She smiled.
“Sure,” He said taking a step towards the counter and pulling out his wallet. She reached for hers in her purse.

“I’m not an asshole Em, I won’t make you pay,” He said sliding the money under the window in exchange for tickets.

“Thanks,” She blushed and headed inside.

“Do you want anything?” He offered.
“Not really,” She said kind of sheepishly.

--

“That was really funny,” Emily giggled as they headed out to the car.
“It was good,” He said turning the key and unlocking the door for her before running around to the other side and climbing in.

“It’s only nine thirty?” She said sounding disappointed.
“I know, but he’s gonna want you home soon,” Paul said turning around to watch out as he backed the car out of the space.

“He’s just being so goddamn over protective!” She muttered under her breath.
“Hey,” He said softly and placed his hand on top of hers, “It’s weird for him to see his best friend with his cousin.”

“I don’t care,” She said and rolled her eyes, “He needs to learn how to grow up.”

“He just,” She sighed as they pulled out on to the road, “He just doesn’t understand that part of moving on and healing means I have to open up to someone and trust them not to let me fall to pieces again.”

Instead of taking the turn that lead to their apartment, he took a left and headed down a different road.

“Where are we going?” She questioned, noticing the change in direction.
“To the place where I go when I’m too stressed out to give a damn about the world.”