You've Already Got Me Coming Undone

Learning To Fall

A silence fell between them as they both looked up at the stars burning in the sky. Her head rested on his chest and their fingers were intertwined.

“Emily?” He whispered. She turned her head towards him.

“We should probably get up now.”
“I don’t want to,” She said turning her head and looking back out at the city.

“It’s almost three,” He said letting his phone fall back to the ground.

“So?”
“Come on,” he said nudging her arm.

“No,” She sighed, “Because you’re going to go back home and I’ll have to deal with Martin. So can we just stay here for a little longer?”

“Alright,” He said settling back down.

“You’re the only guy that hasn’t tried to run away yet.”
“Why would I run?”
“I’m a complicated person Paul.”
“You aren’t that complicated to me.”

“Things always get harder before they get easier,” She said standing up from the ground.

“What?”

She shook her head, “We can’t do this.”

“Em,” he said standing up as well.

“I’m too fucked up and messed up. I’m going to hurt you and I don’t want to do that to you,” She cried with tears falling down her cheeks, “I honestly care about you and I don’t want to put you through what I’ve done. I’m sorry.”

“Emily,” He sighed, walking towards her.
“No!” She backed away.

He grabbed on to her arm and pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and holding her close, “I don’t care if you’re fucked up. You are you and that’s what I love. I’m not going to run from you just because you’re scared.

Her eyes looked up and met his, “Really?”

“Yes really,” he smiled, “I wouldn’t say I love you for nothing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm thinking this is the end.
i'm out of ideas, but we all know i could always think of something.