Battlefield

2. Bring It On

Nick and Loren walked back into Bendo's later that night. The place was packed for the show. They had heard alot about the band Katy, Regan, Cohen and his friend was in. This would be the first time seeing them. They spotted Johnohh and the rest of the guys and went to stand over by them.

"So on a scale of 1-10," Nick started asking Molly and Cappie since they were the only ones that had actually seen them before. "how good are they?"

"I'd say about 100," Cappie said, looking at Molly who nodded for confirmation.

"Katy's voice is amazing." Molly said, looking around for Garrett who had gone to get them drinks.

Loren looked to the stage to see Katy untangling the cords on the microphone. She was breathtaking. She placed the microphone in its stand and looked around at the crowd. She caught Loren's gaze and smiled shyly. Cohen came on stage and said something to Katy and she nodded. Then Cohen's friend, Eric, their bassist joined them on stage. It was obvious they were about to play. Katy looked around at the drums and saw Regan was missing.

She rolled her eyes and said into the microphone, "Regan! Get your tiny ass up here so we can start!"

Loren looked around and saw Regan give one last kiss to Greg and ran upstage. She took her place at the drums, gave the count and they jumped into their set.

Loren was completely amazed. They were great. Molly was right, Katy's voice was amazing. He found himself swaying with the beat like everyone else in the venue. The crowd applauded them after their set was over and they walked onstage.

Loren and Nick now chose a booth in the corner to sit at with Greg joining them. Soon Cappie and Kennedy joined them; all discussing how good their band was. Regan giggled has to skipped over to their table and sat on Greg's lap, followed by Katy who scooted in the booth next to them.

"So what'd you guys think?" Katy asked Nick and Loren.

"You guys are seriously amazing." Loren smiled.

"Even better than you guys?" Regan smiled mischievously at Loren and Nick.

Nick snorted with laughter and shook his head at his little sister. "I wouldn't go so far as to say that." He said.

Regan's smiled turned upside down as she looked at her brother. "Oh and you think you're so good?"

"Regan." Katy put her hand on Regan's arm to calm her down before Nick and her got into one of the infamous Santino sibling fights. But she went ignored as Nick continued to push her buttons.

"I know we're better." He stated simply.

"In that case, I suppose you'll care to place a friendly bet then." Regan said, leaning forward.

"We'd love to." Nick said.

"We?" Loren looked at him confused, but of course Nick kept talking and ignored him.

"What'd you have in mind?" Nick asked, now leaning forward as well.

"A little competition between bands. The crowd decides who's better." Regan said, raising her eyebrows. "Loser pays for winner's studio time."

"Deal!" Nick said, shaking hands with his sister. Katy closed her eyes and let out a deep sigh. Loren followed suit. They always somehow got caught in the middle of Santino bets, even if they weren't there.

"Better start practicing, bro." Regan said.

"Bring it, sis." Nick said, smirking.

"Oh it's already been broughten!" Regan slammed her hand on the table.

Katy sighed again. This was going to be a long couple of weeks til their competition was over. Loren gave her a sad smile thinking the same thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: