Battlefield

3. Pressure

Loren walked next to Nick and the rest of the guys as they walked up the driveway to Cohen and Katy's house. He was still slightly confused about what had happened last night. He couldn't stop staring at Katy, she was amazing. Then Nick would mention the bet while he thought it was childish, they really needed that studio time. Studio time definitely wasn't cheap.

"Why exactly are we doing this again?" Loren asked Nick quietly.

"We need to know what we're up against." Nick answered simply.

"We already know what they're like." Loren said.

"I know what I'm doing." Nick snapped.

They walked into the garage. Cohen and Eric were in the corner goofing off as they attempted to tune their guitars; Regan and Greg were behind the drums arguing as Greg fixed her bass pedal for her, obviously annoyed with her. Katy came out of the side door from the house carrying some water and stopped, smiling curiously at Loren and the rest of the guys.

Regan looked up and narrowed her eyes on Nick. "Can we help you?" She asked rudely, already in a foul mood because of the fight between her and Greg.

"Just checking out our competition." Nick said, smiling evilly as he sat on the lumpy, plaid couch on the side of the wall.

"What the hell? Get--" But before Regan could even begin to rip Nick a new ass, Katy stopped her.

"No, Regan." She said, smiling confidently at the boys. "They want a show, so let's give it to them."

Regan sat down behind the drums once Greg moved and the guys took their places. As soon as Regan gave the count the others soon followed in, jumping at their parts in the song, giving a show like they did every night. During the set though, it was pretty obvious that Katy and Loren couldn't take their eyes off each other. Though of course, they were the only ones oblivious.

"Don't think I didn't notice." Nick said to him as they walked home.

"Notice what?" Loren asked, completely clueless to what he was talking about as always.

"You and Katy. You guys were practically undressing each other with your eyes." Nick laughed, only make Loren roll his eyes. "She's got a thing for you."

"What?" Loren asked, looking at him not. His eyes were ready to pop out of his head.

"We can use this to our advantage."

"What're you talking about?"

"Yeah, just wine and dine her a little before the competition. She'll be so smitten with you, she'll be distracted during their lame attempts at winning."

"No way man." Loren said, shaking his head.

"Oh c'mon." Nick urged. "Think about it. Studio time."

Loren thought about it. They really did need it. Music was his life, he wanted to make it his career. Katy would understand, right?

"Fine." Loren finally agreed.

Nick smiled mischievously. "Perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bad nick!

comment/subscribe