Battlefield

6. Here We Go Again

Katy was in such a dreamy mood after her date. This was information that could not wait. She had to tell Regan what happened. It was only two in the morning. Regan would definitely be up. So she walked over to her apartment complex and calmly knocked on the door. Usually she would walk in, but considering the time she didn't want to be rude.

She heard some shuffling on the other side of the door and knocked again. "Just a minute!" She heard Regan scream out. Katy moved away from the door and waited patiently as she heard the locks come undone.

Regan poked her head out and smiled nervously when she saw Katy. "Hey. What're you doin here?" She asked. "Shouldn't you be out on your date?"

"Yeah," Katy looked at her curiously. "It just ended." She tried to get past Regan, but she wouldn't budge.

"That's great. I can't wait to here all about it."

"Yeah, that's why I'm here." Katy moved forward but Regan stopped her again.

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? We always talk after something big like this has happened." Katy was getting confused now.

"You're right." Regan sighed then smiled. "Let's talk now."

"Great." Katy smiled, moving to go inside, but Regan stopped her and stepped outside.

"Out here." Regan said, wrapping her robe around herself tighter.

"In the hall?"

"Yeah. I've always felt this was a good talking place." Regan closed the door behind her and sat down. Katy followed suit looking even more confused.

Regan's door opened and they both looked up to see Greg. "Regan, what're you--" But he stopped once he saw Katy. "Oh...I'll just leave you to it then." Greg quickly went back inside, shutting the door behind him.

"What the hell was that?" Katy asked, with an amused look on her face suddenly understanding why they were outside.

Regan bit her lip, but couldn't fight the smile. "He couldn't get on the plane."

"What?"

"I was just as surprised." Regan began. "I'm crying my eyes out inside, then I hear a knock and it's him. He said he couldn't get on the plane knowing he left me here. He couldn't get on because he loves me too much."

"That's great!" Both girls hugged each other.

"I know. Now, let's go inside and talk about that date." The girls laughed and got up and walked inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: