Battlefield

8. No Such Thing

"Okay, wish me luck." Katy told Loren before she walked on stage to perform. Since last night the two had practically been inseparable. Holding hands, making out on every surface of the house, Regan telling them to get a room (not hers). They were in love.

"Like you need it." Loren jokingly scoffed, pulling her in for a hug.

"Well," Katy countered. "When you perform a new song you need all the luck you can get."

Loren kissed her forehead and nearly pushed her onstage. Regan pretended to throw up all over her drum set from their cuteness earning the one finger salute from Loren. She mockingly pretended to be hurt from it.

Seeing them perform brought back the guilt Loren was starting to feel for what he was doing to Nick. It totally wasn't fair to Katy and what Nick was making him do wasn't fair to him either. He was going to end this thing once and for all. Hopefully Katy would understand. Loren walked over to Nick and squared his shoulders, ready for a face off.

"I'm done." Loren said with an authorative voice. "I'm going to tell her everything."

"What?" Nick looked at him incredously.

"I'm dropping out of this stupid bet."

"You really think this is going to help?" Nick started, turning his body to give him his full attention now. "She's going to hate you after she finds out how you used her."

"I don't care. She has the rigt to know. I'm sick of using her to get you farther in this stupid thing."

"So you used me?"

Loren and Nick spun around to see Katy with a hurt expression clouding her face. Regan stood behind her giving Nick the look of pure hatred.

"Katy, no I--"

"So all this was a trick just to try to win?" Katy cut him off.

"Katy, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean--" He reached forward, but she just smacked his hand away.

"Don't touch me!" She screamed.

"Katy--"

"Just stay away!" She walked away from him with tears falling from her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
):

comment/subscribe.