Status: Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Sweetie You Had Me

Chapter One

"See ya, Jewel! Be careful!" Julie Parker's Boss called after her as she walked towards the door.

"Bye doll," she replied, "See you in the morning!" Julie finished smiling at the older woman. Julie wrapped her scarf around her neck as she pushed on the door to the fashionable clothing shop. Julie was met with cold air as she walked out into the cold night. She shivered slightly and placed her hand into her trench coat pocket to retrieve a pair of black leather gloves, that she put onto her hands immediately.

Julie worked at the fashionable little clothing shop for eight hours everyday of the week. That was how she made her living. She really loved where she worked and was very devoted to it. The shop was called Venora. It was named after Jazzell Venora, who was the owner of the shop, as well as Julie's boss. The shop was very unique because it was stocked with Jazzell's designs, and only Jazzell's designs. It was actually a fairly popular store, and it was very well liked by many women in chicago. Julie loved working there because she often was listened to when she wanted to put her two cents into something. Sometimes she was even allowed to help Jazzell design something. It was really great working somewhere that you loved.

Julie was not really a simple girl. She was sweet, but slightly conceded. She always put a lot into her personal appearance, and cared very much what people thought about her, but subconsciously. She was a brand new graduate out of design school, and was only twenty-one years old. She was very fashion aware, and loved to shop. She had mildly thick light brown hair that curled gently in large luscious locks. She had very plain brown eyes that no one seemed to take notice of, and a nice tall slim, well shaped body. She was pretty responsible, and usually made good decisions. She had a mother and a father that still lived with each other, and a frisky little scottish terrier named Macy. So in a nutshell, Julie's life was perfect.

Julie had lived in chicago for two years now, and that was plenty of time to hear all of the rumors that this town passed along. She had heard so many rumors about monsters, that she was almost starting to believe that they were real. Of course, she still didn't believe it, but she almost did. She thought it would be very cruel of people to keep scaring people with rumors that weren't true. Not that they were scaring her, but they were definitely bothering some other people. There was no doubt about that.

Julie's hands were still placed into the pockets of her thigh length brown plaid trench coat comfortably, as she walked to her apartment without a sound. She looked at what seemed to be the ground, but she wasn't really looking, she was just placing her eyes there while she thought. There wasn't much else to do while she walked home. Her friends must have all been in bed by now, well maybe except for Marissa and Lena, they were always up after midnight, they were night people. Julie was only up this late because she had to work, otherwise, she would have definitely been home. She sighed as she aimlessly walked, not really paying attention to where she walked, but she soon did when she nearly tripped over an object on the ground.

June looked down to see a hat, a white bowler hat to be exact. You know, one of those hats rich people used to wear in the early 1900's. June picked up the hat with her eyebrows risen. What in the world was an old hat doing in the middle of the street? She examined the hat more closely. It was a very pure white so it couldn't have been there long, and judging by the color and the quality of the material, it would have been a very expensive hat back it it's day. She looked from one side of the street the other to see if there was any trace of anyone, but there wasn't. After looking at the hat for a bit, she decided she was paying too much attention to an old hat, so she simply held it in her hand and continued to walk without a second thought.

A few minutes later, Julie soon appeared at her apartment building. She smiled and waved the the manager who was sitting behind the front desk typing away on his computer. He also waved and sent a smile her way before going back to his work. Julie then fixed her eyes onto the elevator and travel towards it, pressing the up button as her feet stopped in front of the shiny silver doors. She heard a bell, and soon the doors opened for her, so she stepped in. Pressing the button that read "13" she saw the button light up and the doors close. She sighed as she waited for a few minutes until the elevator stopped at her floor. Julie stepped out and made her way to her door, which had no trouble unlocking immediately. She swung the door open, and closed it as she walked in. Not bothering to turn any lights on, julie set her keys onto the counter, along with her purse. Julie looked at the hat one last time before she decided that she would try to ignore it. She set it down next to her stuff and walked into her bedroom.

As Julie entered her room, she found Macy lying on her bed, asleep. Julie smiled at her dog before rummaging through her drawers to find some pajamas. She pulled out a pair of black boy shorts and a silk spaghetti strapped nightgown and pulled it onto her body. She threw her clothes onto the ground lazily, telling herself she would pick them up in the morning. With a pleasant sigh she walked over to her bed, pulling back the covers she wrapped herself in them and closed her eyes, sleep coming upon her almost instantly.

And her sleep she dreamed. She dreamed of a faceless man with shiny white fangs and glowing brown eyes...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that it's a tad bit short, but I do hope this got you interested.
Comments make my life worth while and subscriptions are loved.
Please do comment though. I will love you forever.
I swear to God I will love you.
Thanks for reading.
<3 Mappie