Status: Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Sweetie You Had Me

Chapter Ten

Brendon picked up the cell phone quickly, “I’m coming,” was the only thing he said, his face looking grim as he closed the phone, without hearing what Ryan had to say. Pulling on a dark trench coat, dark aviator sunglasses, and a dark brown fedora, wearing something much different than what a dandy would wear, hoping to not be recognized. Brendon exited his room. He put his hands into the pockets as he walked down the empty hallways silently. He felt the cell phone. The only thing he could possibly think about was how he wanted William’s head on a silver platter. He wished nothing more to rip his head from his skull and have him die slowly and painfully. I swear, if he put one fucking finger on her I will kill him with dove’s blood. Brendon thought, maliciously. He walked down the long winding stairs not making a sound, but as he was about to open the door someone call his name. “Brendon!” Brendon turned abruptly to see Spencer standing at the top of the stairs. Spencer rushed down the stairs and came up to Brendon, “Brendon you can’t go out! William will murder you!” Spencer warned, his eyes wide with fear for Brendon. Brendon loved Spencer, and how much he cared for Brendon, but right now he really didn’t want to hear it.

“Not unless I murder him first,” Brendon muttered gravely. Spencer gave him a strange look.

“Why, What happened?” he asked, worried. Brendon looked down with a sigh.

“H-he has Julie,” he choked out, from anger and pain. Spencer didn’t say anything for a minute.

“I’m coming with you,” he said with determination. But Brendon immediately shook his head.

“No, I’m not going to risk another one of my loved one’s lives. Julie and Ryan is enough, Spence.” Brendon said, putting a hand on Spencer’s shoulder. Spencer looked at Brendon with pleading eyes, but Brendon shook his head, “No, you have to stay here in case William gets back while I’m gone. Call me if he does,” Brendon said, briefly showing the small blue cell phone to him. Spencer nodded with a sigh,

“Alright, Bren, but be careful, okay?” He said, with a small smile. Brendon nodded, and smiled a bit.

“Thanks, Spence.” Brendon said before walking out the door. Brendon didn’t use his shadow transporting powers yet, or “teleporting powers” as most people would call it, but Brendon thought “Shadow Transporting” sounded so much cooler. He walked amongst the trees and flowers for a bit until he was sure he was alone, and no one would follow him. He ventured behind a dark tree, and appeared seconds later in the alleyway next to Julie’s apartment. Brendon moved at a fast pace into the apartment building, removing his sunglasses before he went inside so he looked slightly normal, and not creepy. He waited impatiently for the elevator to come as he stood in front of it tapping his foot in annoyance. When it finally opened he stepped in and pushed the number three button quickly as the doors closed. A minute later the doors opened and Brendon rushed to Julie’s room, to find that Ryan had been correct. The door was busted down and as he peered into the room, her poor house looked even worse. Windows were broken, and her furniture was torn into pieces. Brendon hadn’t even taken a step inside, but he already didn’t like what he saw. He stepped over the fallen door and wandered further into the room. He saw Ryan sitting in a corner with his head in his hands, but neither of them spoke for a long while. “It’s all my fault,“ Ryan muttered from were he sat cross-legged. Brendon sighed and shook his head.

“No, Ry, it’s not your fault,” He said, coming over to Ryan and crouching down next to him. Ryan looked up at him and nodded.

“It is! I should’ve been there. I-I should have been on time.” He said. Brendon shook his head.

“William would’ve come looking for her anyways, and it’s not like you would’ve stayed at her apartment with her.” Brendon said, trying to convince Ryan that the loss of Julie was not his fault. Ryan only shook his head more.

“But I could’ve helped her escape, I-I could’ve-” Brendon cut him off.

“But then you would be next on William’s hit list, and then I would’ve had to worry about two of my friends.” Brendon said. Ryan sighed in defeat.

“I guess you’re right.” Ryan said.

“Well, can we start looking for her now?” Brendon asked eagerly. They were wasting time just sitting around feeling sorry for themselves. Ryan nodded.

“Yes, well, they probably brought her to the mansion, if they have her.” Ryan said, standing. Brendon looked at him curiously.

“What do you mean, if they have her?” Brendon asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Well,” Ryan started, “Julie’s scent travels down and outside of the window,” Ryan paused, pointing to the opened window, “Meaning that they had to chase her, which makes it slightly possible that she escaped.” Ryan said with a shrug, but Brendon looked skeptical, “I don’t know, anything is possible. I know it sounds crazy, especially when she is up against William, but I hear that being chased by many bloodthirsty vampires gets those adrenalin hormones moving.” Ryan said, the last part in a sarcastic tone. Brendon really didn’t mind. Ryan was always like that. It was his way of being humorous and lightning the mood. But this is Ryan’s type of humor we’re speaking about here.

Brendon shrugged, “Well then, let’s follow her trail.”

Brendon and Ryan tracked the scent of Julie for about a half an hour, and the hardly had gotten anywhere. Tracking someone’s scent can be very difficult, especially since it was apparent Julie was being chased, and it was hard to differentiate from all the scents. Brendon and Ryan were cornering yet another corner, their noses in the air, sniffing when Brendon felt the tiny phone vibrate in his pocket. Brendon jumped slightly and pulled the phone out of his pocket, and putting it up to his ear.

“What?!” Brendon growled, a little tense because he still hadn’t found Julie, and the fact the Spencer had called meant that there was a good chance both him and Julie were goners. He didn’t mean to sound as rude as it came out, though. Spencer seemed to ignore his tone.
“Bren, you and Ry need to get your butts back to the mansion now, William just got here and he’s looking for you.” Spencer said in a hushed tone. Brendon sighed.

“Does he have Julie?” Brendon asked, quickly.

“No, he doesn’t.” Spencer said. Brendon sighed in relief, and smiled ever so slightly.

“Thank God. Okay Spence, we’ll be right there.” Brendon closed the phone. He placed it back into his pocket and tugged on Ryan’s shirt.

“Come on, Ry. William doesn’t have Julie, and he’s looking for us, we need to go now, before he figures out we’re not there.” Brendon said, pulling Ryan into a shadow. Seconds later Brendon and Ryan appeared inside of Brendon’s dark closet, pulling off the trench coat and his hat, Brendon pulled Ryan out of the closet and onto his bed, while he sat at the piano, both acting like they were doing something normal. Ryan jotted down some crappy lyrics onto a piece of paper, and handed them to Brendon. Brendon pretended to put piano chords to the lyrics just as William barged through the door. Brendon and Ryan shot their heads over to William as he tried to contain his shock. He composed himself and straightened his hat on top of his head. He cleared his throat.

“Good evening, gentlemen.” He said, nodding at them.

“Evening, William,” Brendon and Ryan said in unison, still looking completely innocent.

“Uh, well, I suppose I shall be leaving now. Good night.” He said, mumbling to himself as he walked out of the door.

Brendon and Ryan snickered to themselves and high-fived each other, like the immature boys they were. Seconds later Spencer peeked into the room with a shy smile on his face. Brendon grinned and beckoned Spencer over. Brendon was feeling a lot better, obviously. He had fooled William and he knew that Julie was safe, somewhere. He just hoped that he would be able to find her tomorrow. Spencer came into the room and waved at the boys, who smiled at him in return. They all felt kind of like kids again, as they sat talking to each other, goofing around like they used to. Brendon grinned for most of the night, and he realized that William had only taken their humanity away from them, not their personalities, or their morals, they were still the same guys they were when they were seventeen, and just because William currently had the power, Brendon wasn’t going to let him interfere with his life. He was even more determined to finish William off and continue to live his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kinda like this chapter, and I kinda don't. :/ It was a tiny bit longer than my other chapters, though. ^^ I think I may be running out of ideas. I don't know exactly where this story is going to go yet. Hopefully, I'll get it together soon. I'm trying to crank out chapters as fast I can because school starts in a week. :( But hopefully I'll be able to post a few times a week anyway.

PEACE, LOVE, & SPENCER SMITH
--MAPPIE