Status: Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Sweetie You Had Me

Chapter Two

Julie was a morning person. She loved to wake up in the morning, and she figured she did because her alarm did not sound like an annoying monotone speaking man who rapidly said, “beep.” No, when Julie woke up, she always woke up to a song. Her alarm was music from her favorite radio station, 94.3. They played all kinds of music, but what she liked about the station was that they played pure violin and cello compositions. The violin and cello were certainly her most favorite instruments. They either calmed her, or made her wonderfully energetic. She had this theory that the way the song sounded was the way her day would go. If the song were fast paced and exciting, her day would reflex that. If the song was slow and depressing, her day would be slow and depressing, and so far, her theory had not failed. So Julie was very excited when she woke up to an unknown upbeat song.

Julie stretched and smiled as she let the song play out from her clock radio. She pushed away the covers and stood, stretching once more. Macy rose her head, blinking a few times at Julie before slowly setting her head onto the bed one more. Julie smiled at the pup, and patted her on the head before walking into her closet. She flicked on the light, and soon her luxurious wardrobe could be seen. Not taking long at all, she pulled out the items she deemed necessary, and began to dress. After she was finished she was clothed in a white button down shirt, with the sleeves slightly folded up, a black ruffled skirt that reached a little above her knees, a black tie, and shiny black pumps. Walking into the bathroom she put on a bit of eyeliner, cover-up, and mascara, before she looked at her finished project in the mirror. She critiqued her look inside her head and decided that she would leave her hair down, but when she looked at herself again, her appearance still looked incomplete. She rushed to her closet and pulled out a leather black vest and slipped it on before running back to the mirror to see how she looked, but frowned. She scrunched her noise up as she thought about what item she had that would complete her outfit. Her face lit up, but them fell when she thought of that haunted hat she had found the night before. She bit her lip. It was such a gorgeous hat! She could let it go to waste! So with hat thought, she rushed out of her bedroom and grabbed the hat off of the counter, not bothering to look in the mirror again.

Julie walked into her kitchen and looked up at the clock. It was only 7:47, so she still had time to have a bit to eat. She got herself a bowl from the cupboard, and honey nut cheerios from the pantry before she grabbed milk from the fridge and poured it into her bowl. She munched on her cereal for a few minutes before she heard Macy come out of the bedroom. She smiled at the little dog and wiped her chin with a napkin before going to get Macy’s food. She set Macy’s full dog bowl onto the ground and the pooch attacked it, eating like she hadn’t eaten in days. Julie rolled her eyes at the dog before looking again at the clock. It was ten minutes to eight, so she had to get going. She patted the little dog’s head before grabbing her black leather jacket and her keys. With a quick verbal farewell, she exited her apartment.

Julie arrived at work right on time. Jazzell smiled at her as she entered the door. “Hey, doll face,” she greeted as she opened up a sealed box. Julie smiled at her in return as she walked behind the counter where Jazzell was. She set her stuff in a compartment underneath and looked back over at Jazzell.

“Did we receive that in the mail?“ she asked, she there was an address tapped to the box. Jazzell nodded.

“Yes, our demos for summer should be in this box,” she said as she cut through the tape with scissors. After the tape was removed, Jazzell opened up the box, and sure enough, the demos for our summer line were inside. She smiled as she held up a shirt on the top. It all turned out so well. “We are definitely going to have good business this summer,” Jazzell predicted, and she couldn’t have agreed more. The designs were gorgeous. You would have to be mental to not love them.

The rest of her day followed the same suit. Julie encountered happy customers and many sales. Around two when Julie was scheduled to take her break, Jazzell received a phone call. She didn’t say what it was about, but she had told Julie that she had to go take care of some family things. After that Julie was alone at the shop so she wasn’t able to take her break just yet. After an hour or so her friend, Marissa had finally arrived to work. Julie wasn't surprised. Missy was late for everything. Thankfully Julie took this time to break for lunch. After lunch, it wasn’t much different. The store had a lot of sales up until around eight, when the sun was going down. Julie and Marissa had joked around for a bit, but soon Marissa had gone home. Julie was sweeping up the shop when she found a small piece of paper on the ground. She picked it up and looked at the neat cursive writing. The note said. “I love your hat,” Julie looked at it in confusion, but her hand immediately went to the cursed white hat. This handwriting wasn’t Jazzell’s, nor was it Marissa’s. Julie bit her lip. Who was the note from? Julie shook her head. It couldn’t have been for her. It was obvious the note was intended for someone else, after all plenty of people had come into the store wearing hats that day. She pocketed the note and continued to sweep the floor, trying to ignore how freaked out she was. She didn’t understand why she was so freaked out. It was just a hat, a very expensive, stylish hat. There was nothing ghostly or haunted about the accessory, because that’s what it was, just an accessory.

About thirty minutes later, Julie was finally walking out of the shop. She turned around as she closed the door and pushed her key into the hole before turning it and pulling it out. Pushing against the door just to be sure, Julie walked away knowing that the shop was secure. Julie stopped in the middle of an empty street to put her jacket on. But as she struggled to put the jacket on, many odds-and-ends fell out of the pockets. Julie cursed under breath and bent down to pick up the small items, but when she stood, she was startled by an enchanting male voice.

“Well isn’t that a fine hat you have there,” The voice said. Julie frantically looked around the street to see the person who was talking, but the voice was coming from all directions, bouncing off walls, and echoing into her ears. She finally spotted a man who was about ten feet away from her, leaning against a brick wall, looking rather comfortable as he smiled toothlessly at her startled figure. The beauty of this man captivated Julie. His face was pale, but it was stunning. His eyes were captivating, a dark chocolate color that looked delicious. His nose fit his face perfectly, and was nicely shaped. His chin was cleanly shaven and slender, but perhaps the most beautiful thing about him was his lips. Plump and pink, they gave color to his body, and made her lust over him even more, and the only thing she thought was, Damn, I would tap that. The man chuckled and moved closer to Julie, pushing himself off the wall. “You know, sweetie, as good as that hat looks on you, it is my favorite, and I would love to have it back.” He said, now only about one and a half feet away from her. Julie brought her hands to the hat and pulled it off her head, handing it to him. She didn't speak. she was in a trance. She couldn't take her eyes off the beautiful man, she could just stare at him for hours. She wished he would stop talking just stand there so she could do so. He smiled toothlessly once again. “Tell you what, we’ll trade.” He said, taking off the black hat he was wearing and placed it on Julie’s head, as he took the white one in his own hand. Julie smiled has he placed it on her head. She felt like a little kid, but it was a good feeling.

Julie spoke for the first time, “So what’s your name stranger?” she asked, a goofy grin on her face. The man smirked lightly and brought her bare hand up to his lips, having it linger there for a moment, as he seemed to breathe in her scent. He looked up at her and smiled, this time showing his beautiful pearly white…fangs?!

“Brendon”

He’s a vampire? God, that is so sexy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this chapter, and I hope you do too.
I'm really into this story. Usually It takes me forever to update.
Comments are so appreciated, you don't even know.
Most likely, when you comment, I will give you some love back. C;

Peace, Love, & Dragons
MAPPIE