Status: Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Sweetie You Had Me

Chapter Twenty-Three

Spencer couldn’t follow out William’s orders. He just couldn’t force himself to do William’s dirty work. So he disposed of the dog on this side of a deserted road. When he returned to the Dandy mansion he was obviously troubled. William’s hunt party would be leaving in less than an hour, so Brendon and Ryan didn’t have a lot of time to get in and get out. Especially since almost the entire mansion was completely intolerant of shadow transporting. No vampire, in or out of it could transport to or from it. It was because William used some ancient witchcraft on it about the time it was built. What he didn’t know was that Brendon had used a counter curse on his closet. The three of them had been transporting in and out of the mansion with that closet for years and William still hasn’t found out. It was Lucky too, because if he had found out, they would have been in a lot of trouble.

Spencer tried not to look worried. And he didn’t appear worried in front of all the other dandies, but if William decided to appear anytime soon, Spencer would be screwed over. He was most worried about this “big surprise” William had talked about. Every minute that passed Spencer became more and more distressed. All he could do was hope that the big surprise wasn’t happening for another week or so. Julie would definitely be gone by then, dead or alive.

Spencer wanted Brendon to reply to his text message and let him know what was going on. He saw different dandies pass by him, getting ready for the hunt. He didn’t have to worry about pretending to get ready. He never went on hunts. He was like the lowest of the low in the clan. He was the one that got food only if William felt like getting him food. He could identify with Julie in that way. William didn’t treat him as bad as he treated Julie, but he pretty much walked all over him. Brendon and Ryan stood up for him when they were present, but obviously, they weren’t.

Spencer’s job before the hunt was to help all the other vampires get ready, but most of the time he didn’t have anything to do. Sometimes he helped Josh with gathering blood bags. William hates wasting god blood, and he usually doesn’t like new recruits, so he likes to drain victims dry. Spencer usually gets the leftovers in the blood bags. William also liked to keep the common vampire hunter junk around during a hunt, which Spencer went to restock every Saturday. One thing that Spencer always did, was take roll of the house before they left the house. He also would let everyone know who was going where, which territories were off limits, where hunters had been last seen, and who was actually going. But everyone went on Thursday, except for him.

Spencer suddenly stiffened when he felt the phone vibrate in his pocket. Relief and surprise came flooding to him at the same time. He walked away from the busy dandies around him and headed to his bedroom as quickly as possible. He jogged up the stairs and was coming to the top when William suddenly grabbed him by the arm. Spencer was jerked back by his hold. With wide eyes he looked back at William. “We’re leaving,” he told Spencer, straight faced. Which was odd because William usually had some sort of evil smirk on his face. “But,” he paused, crap. Spencer wanted to close his eyes and ears, not wanting to hear what William had to say next. “I’m going to say goodbye to Julie first.” This time William smirked. He smirked a beautiful large smirk, fangs and all. Spencer was almost sick to his stomach as he looked upon William’s face, so very much that he had a lot of difficulty responding.

“O-okay,” Spencer stuttered. William’s face softened.

“Is there something wrong Spencer?” He asked with a tone of sincere concern, even though he really didn’t care at all. William was quite the actor. Spencer just shook his head. “Well then, I expect that you’ll be back for roll before I’m done, correct?” William cocked an eyebrow in query, giving an unbearably tight squeeze to his arm in warning.

He flinched, but nodded. “Yes.” William released his arm and as soon as he had disappeared from Spencer’s sight he ran up into his room to check the text. He closed the door tight and leaned against it. He opened the small blue cell phone and read the one new message. Thing only thing it said was: 10:30 at the closet. Spencer looked at the clock in the corner. It read 9:45. Spencer sighed and opened his door to go out to the main stairs, where everyone was already gathered. He walked to the desk at the foot of the stairs and sat behind it. On top of the desk sat a large old book with parchment pages that were bound by horsehair. Beside it was a feathered ink pen resting in an inkwell. He picked up the pen and began to read and check off names.

“Carden, Michael”

“McCoy, Travis”

“Saporta, Gabriel ”

The list went on, but those were just the important ones. There was plenty others. Altogether the Dandy clan was made up of about forty vampires. Spencer didn’t call Ryan or Brendon on purpose. The others probably didn’t even notice they were missing yet. Spencer was on the last name when William reappeared upstairs. He clapped his hands loudly and the room had his attention. “Let’s go.” He told them and they crowd of vampires exited the house.

“Watch the house, Spencer!” William said as he walked towards Spencer. He turned and sent Spencer and sly smirk and hugged him around the waist quickly and then walked away. Spencer waved back awkwardly and William shut the door. Spencer let out a breath he seemed to have been holding in for a while. Again, he checked the clock. It was now 10:13. He really hoped for once Pete would be on time and not make him worry like crazy. Spencer turned to go up the stairs. His ears perked when he thought he heard a noise and he almost turned around, but decided his nervousness was making him crazy. He left it alone and headed into Brendon’s room to wait for them.

Spencer continuously looked at the clock as he waited and sometimes he found himself feeling like it stopped moving altogether, but eventually 10:30 came. He waited for five minutes, then ten, and then fifteen before he heard any noise from the closet. He jumped when he heard the door rustling, but quickly came over to open it. From inside the closet appeared the six men. Spencer smiled at them as they greeted each other.

“Hey guys,” Spencer said to Brendon and Ryan mostly. They man-hugged each other. Brendon smiled at Spencer.

“Missed ya, buddy,” he said, patting Spencer’s back. The seven of them started to walk out of the room with Brendon and Spencer in the lead. Brendon’s smile did fade a bit though when he asked, “So where’s Julie?”

Spender’s own smile faltered. He was sure that Brendon would not be happy when he found Julie. “She’s in the cellar.” Brendon tried not to cringe as he heard this. He thought about what William must have put her through down there and it seemed like it was about to cause him physical pain. He stopped though and looked back at Pete, who was closely following them. Pete nodded, knowing what to do. They had discussed this prior. Fall out boy split up to go check for any lingering dandies and Ryan and Brendon briskly headed for the cellar, Spencer in tow.

Brendon was the very first to reach the old rotten door below the ground. It was so dark. He found it was difficult for even him to see. He searched for the lock and found it quickly. He pulled and tugged on it with all his might until it was broken, and with much more care and tenderness did he push the heavy wooden door open. “Jules?” he said into the darkness. His voice echoed against the stonewalls for a long time, but he heard no reply. If his heart were beating, it would have quickened. “Julie?” he said with much more urgency. He listened intently and his keen ears heard a rustle, hope burning within him. He moved quickly towards the sound, and looked intently into every corner of the room. He moved farther in, and sure enough he saw Julie’s body, curled up against the very back wall. He rushed towards her, kneeling before her. She still hadn’t spoken, but she moved upon hearing his movements. She turned as much as she could and faced him.

“Brendon?” her voice was so dry it didn’t sound like her any longer. Brendon reached forward at the sound of her voice and touched her scratched face. He felt her tears falling down unto his large hand and felt his heart break for her. He reached behind her with his other hand and brought her frail body to his. Her head fell into his strong chest and she cried. She cried more then she had ever cried before. Brendon kissed her head and rubbed her back and said, “Shhh, it’s alright. Sweetie, you have me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I was starting to think that Julie was getting annoying with all her crying, but I think she deserves this one. I kind of put her through hell. x]

I LOVE YOU.
--MAPPIE