Status: Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Sweetie You Had Me

Chapter Three

The next couple of days Julie made a point to go looking for Brendon out in the streets of Chicago. She took the long way around to her apartment building, and often lingered near dark allies for a few minutes to see if he was in there. It never crossed her mind that this could be dangerous; Julie just wanted to see him again. But after the third night she had gone looking for him, she decided that if he really wanted to see her again, he would come looking for her. It was now Thursday night, the first night that she did not go looking for Brendon since she had met him. She didn’t know why she couldn’t get him out of her mind. He was just…amazing. The way he moved and the way he spoke just made her want to melt. She hadn’t told anyone about what had happened, because she doubted they would have believed her. Well maybe some people would, the people who spread those rumors would probably have believed her, but they didn’t like people like Brendon, and Julie didn’t want to get him into trouble.

Anyone who had been in the same situation as Julie probably would have run away in fear, trying to find someone with a wooden stake, but Julie was much too dazed to be in fear. Not to mention, she had it made up in her mind that he wouldn't hurt her. Julie had known the man for about sixty seconds? If not less. She didn’t know anything about him, other than his name and his face. She didn’t even really know if he was an actual vampire. Anyone can put on some make-up and plastic fangs and say they’re Count Dracula. Julie didn’t understand, or know why she trusted Brendon so much, but she did.

Julie was still wearing the hat. She hadn’t taken it off since he had given it to her. She clung to the hat like it was her life supply. She was completely infatuated with this man. She thought about him everyday, and dreamed of him at night. There was hardly a moment when he wasn’t on her mind. A couple nights ago a boy had asked her on a date, but she declined, because even though he was cute, he was nothing compared to Brendon.

Julie sighed, dreamily as she walked home that night. She was thinking about him again. She always did. Her eyes lingered across the street where he had been standing just a few nights ago before she continued her walk. Tonight she needed to go get some food. She was out of almost everything. She made a turn into a shopping center, grabbing a cart she walked into the store, and tried to do her best to be quick, because it was nearly closing time. She only grabbed the necessities; milk, cheese, meat, cereal, dog food and cookies, before she rushed to the last open register. She quickly paid for the items as the lady placed the items into a plastic bag. She muttered an insincere “Have a good night,” before Julie returned the gesture and exited the store. She had two bags hanging from her left arm, while she wrapped her right arm around the heavy dog food bag. She struggled to walk but after awhile she got the hang of it. After she was just a few blocks away from her apartment, she lost her balance on a rock on the sidewalk, and came tumbling onto the ground. She mumbled profanities as she wiped herself off and checked the bags to make sure nothing had been squashed or broken open. As she was about ready to start walking again, she heard a voice; she heard his voice.

“It looks like you could use some help,” Brendon said. Immediately, Julie’s head spun around to see Brendon standing there, leaning on a brick wall, smiling beautifully. Julie nodded, unable to say anything, but as soon as she did, Brendon was by her side. He helped her to her feet, by gently lifting her up by the hand, before he lifted the dog food bag onto his shoulder. Julie then lifted up the plastic bags, and they walked side by side. Julie noticed he was wearing the white hat, but she wondered if he noticed she was wearing the black one. “I did indeed notice,” Brendon said, grinning at her, “It looks very nice on you.“ he said, meeting her dark brown eyes with his own. Julie blushed at his gaze, and at the fact he could obviously read her thoughts.
“Thanks,” Julie mumbled, feeling nearly unable to speak in from of this magnificent creature. She couldn’t muster up the words to tell him the white hat looked even better on him, but she was sure he got the message. Julie wasn’t an unusually quiet girl, so being so quiet in front of Brendon felt strange. She wanted to say something, but she couldn’t think of anything intelligent to say. She and Brendon remained silent for the rest of the walk.

When they arrived in front of Julie’s apartment building, Brendon pushed open the door for Julie, letting her walk in first. Julie smiled at him in appreciation, and he smiled back. Julie nearly melted. He had a beautiful smile. Brendon let the door close and was again by her side as they walked towards the elevator and in just a few minutes they were in front of Julie’s door. Julie set her plastic bags down as she rummaged on her purse for her keys. Once she found them she stuck them into the whole and unlocked the door. She let Brendon pass through the door first, as he probably wanted to set the heavy dog food down. As soon as he entered through the door, Macy came running out of the bedroom barking and growling at Brendon, who had moved away from the protective dog looking at her warily. “Hush, Macy!” Julie scolded, making the dog whimper back into a sitting position. “Sorry about that,” Julie apologized, as Brendon set the dog food down.

“Don’t worry about it,” he said with a small smile, setting down the plastic bags on the counter as he did so. He soon moved in front of Julie, about the same distance apart that they had been only a few nights ago.

“Thanks for helping me, by the way. I really appreciate it,” Julie said, blushing at the close proximities they were in. Brendon nodded, smiling at her as he reached his hand up to her face to move a strand of hair out of it.

“No problem really,” he said looking at her with thoughtful eyes and a content smile. His hand lingered on her face, cupping her cheek.

“Y-you know, you can stay for dinner if you like. I guess y-y-you don’t have to eat but-” Julie stuttered out before Brendon silenced her.

“I would love to stay,” He said. And so he did. The rest of the night was much less awkward. Julie and Brendon talked and had laughs. The learned a lot about each other, or Brendon learned a lot about Julie. Brendon didn’t say much about himself. Julie could only see from how he acted that he was a very lovable guy. He was funny and energetic, and Julie loved that about him.

It had probably been a couple hours after Julie had finished eating dinner when her and Brendon ended up together on the couch, sipping wine. Brendon laughed as Julie finished telling a story about the time when she had sang for a talent show when she was eleven, and everyone cringed at the sound of her high B note. Julie laughed as well. That was the day she found out she didn’t have a musical bone in her body. The story was laughable, but not as humorous as Julie and Brendon currently thought it was, but they weren’t exactly sober at that time, not completely drunk either, but definitely tipsy.

“Do you play an instrument, B-Brendon?” Julie asked, slurring her words just slightly as she leaned her head against Brendon’s shoulder, her eyes half closed. She breathed in his smell as she laid there, her nose being overcome by sweet peppermint and vanilla. Brendon nodded.

“I play a lot of instruments,” he said as Julie giggled. “I play Piano, keyboard, guitar, accordion, organ, bass, drums and cello,” he said, laying his own head onto her’s. Julie shot up, and looked at him with shock in her eyes.

“You play the cello?” Julie asked him, staring at him with wide eyes. He nodded, and she nearly fainted. I think I’m in love.

Julie cuddled up to his body after awhile and finally gave into her needy sleep. Her head still rested on Brendon’s shoulder, Brendon noticed that it was getting late, and that he should get going. Brendon moved out of his previous position, and replaced his shoulder with a pillow, setting gently underneath her head. He pulled off his black jacket, and placed it over her body. He leaned into her, breathing in her scent one last time before he place a tender kiss on her forehead, quickly taking his leave before he would do something that he might regret. He faded away into the darkness, where he vanished from her apartment and appeared in front of the Dandy Mansion, his home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Man, I am on a roll. I may even get to chapter five before August Fourth! this is truly amazing for me.
I love people who comment. <3
And I love subscriptions.

Peace, Love, & Cellos
MAPPIE