Status: Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Sweetie You Had Me

Chapter Five

Julie didn’t like how the night was going as soon as she entered the bar. It was hot and smelly in there, and the music was so loud it was bothering her ears. The air smelled like alcohol. Marissa was forcefully pulling Julie through the crowd and over to the bar. A man dressed in an outfit that screamed “punk wannabe”, walked over to Julie and Marissa and asked them what they would like. Marissa ordered Tequila while Julie ordered a simple beer. Marissa rolled her eyes at Julie. “Come on, Jules! Be adventurous!” Marissa encouraged. Julie shook her head.

“I’m not really into this kind of stuff, Mis. You know that,” Julie said.

“I never understood why, though. I mean come on; you’re a hot dirty blonde who can legally drink. Why wouldn’t you take advantage of that?” Marissa asked, taking a sip of her drink that had just been set in front of her. Julie shrugged.

“I don’t know,” Julie admitted, “I guess I’m more of sit-and-talk kind of girl, as opposed to a get-drunk-and-fuck kind of girl,” she said, taking a sip of the beer the bartender had placed in front of her.

“Well, if I found someone interesting for you to talk to, then would you have fun?” Marissa asked, sounding desperate. Julie thought for a moment as she took another small sip of the cool bear and shrugged.

“Sure,” Julie answered, even though on the inside she knew it was a mistake. Julie sat alone at the bar for about twenty minutes, waiting for Marissa to come back. She was pretty nervous at who, or what she might bring back. After all, for Marissa, an intelligent person was someone who knew that there were seven continents. Soon Marissa was trotting back to Julie, a young man that looked rather out of place, trailing behind her as she dragged him over. Julie raised an eyebrow at the skinny brown haired boy wearing a pure white dress shirt. Marissa pushed him in front of her, towards Julie.

“Jules, this is Ryan.” Marissa said, raising her eyebrows at Julie suggestively as Ryan waved nervously. “He’s smart! When I asked him what he did for a living he said he worked at a library, and when I asked him what his favorite word was he said it was surreptitious,” Marissa said, grinning madly, “And I don’t even know what that means so he must be smart!” Marissa finished excitedly. Julie chuckled at her, and gave her a sarcastic thumbs up. “You kids have fun now!” she said, pointing at Julie accusingly as she grabbed her drink and skipped away.

Ryan stood there awkwardly for a moment, scratching his head. Julie chuckled at bit, before taking another small sip of her beer and motioning for Ryan to sit in the chair that Marissa had once occupied. Ryan called over the bar tender and ordered a beer. Julie liked him already. “So, surreptitious, eh?” Julie asked amused.

Ryan laughed and nodded, a little nervously. “It’s an awesome word,” he said, taking a sip of his own beer that had just been delivered. Julie nodded and chuckled a little. “So, your name is Julie, right?” Ryan asked. Julie nodded. “I actually have a friend who knows a Julie. Maybe you know him,” Ryan said.

“Oh really? What’s his name?” Julie asked, not really curious to find out if she knew this man. After all, Julie was a pretty popular name; there could be loads of people with the name Julie.

“Brendon, Brendon Urie.” Julie nearly chocked on her beer, and blushed at the sound of his name. Wow, small world, eh?

“Oh yeah, I know Brendon,” she said coolly, composing herself.

“I thought so. I could sm- tell you were the one he was talking about,” Ryan said, interrupting his own mistake. For all he knew, Julie could still be in the dark about Ryan and Brendon’s kind. Ryan didn’t want to scare the girl, or make her think he was insane. Julie cocked an eyebrow at him. Brendon talked about her? Really? She almost blushed.

“Oh, he talks about me?” Julie asked, casually, trying not to sound desperate at all, even though she was extremely desperate for information. Ryan chuckled.

“Yeah, I guess you could say that.” Ryan said, smiling to himself like there was some kind of inside joke going on. Julie was on Brendon’s mind all the time. He thought about her almost every second of every day, and of course Ryan could read his thoughts, so he knew. Julie looked at him skeptically. What the heck was he talking about? Julie dropped the subject, and for a while everything was pretty quiet. After a few minutes they started up another conversation, and Julie actually enjoyed herself. Ryan and Julie laughed and joked, and ended up becoming pretty good friends. Ryan had to leave at about 1 so the two of them exchanged numbers and made a promise to get together again soon.

After Ryan left, Julie decided that she was getting bored. She wandered over to the dance floor, where Marissa was last, and went looking for her. She tried to stay away from the drunk perverts, that kept trying to grind their way into her pants, but she couldn’t find Marissa. Julie wandered into the bathroom hallway, and sure enough she found Marissa, apparently passed out drunk, on the cold linoleum floor. Julie rolled her eyes. “Missy,” she cooed into Marissa’s ear sarcastically. Marissa stirred a little, and murmured something incoherent. Julie then proceeded to poke and whisper-yell at Marissa until she finally came into consciousness. Marissa jolted up, looking like she hadn’t slept in days, and smelling like her deodorant wasn’t working for her.

“WHO? WHAT? WHERE? WHEN?” She suddenly yelled, looking at Julie with wide eyes. Julie was taken aback a little, and looked at Marissa with worried eyes.

“Doll face, are you alright?” Julie asked, raising an eyebrow at the insanely intoxicated brunette. Marissa shook her head violently.

“No, I-ii-iii’m n-n-n-ot-t-t.” She slurred, trying to keep her eyes open. “N-n o-tt-t unti-i-i-l-l m-m-my ques-ss-stions are ans-s-swered.” She said, lazily pointing a finger at Julie. Julie again rolled her eyes.

“You are with me, drinking alcohol, at a crummy punk-rock bar in the middle of Chicago, at 2 am.” Julie said, trying to get Marissa onto her feet. Marissa nodded lazily as Julie wrapped an arm around Marissa’s waist to help support her. Marissa wrapped her own arm around Julie’s shoulders, as Julie led her towards the back door. Soon enough, Julie and Marissa were outside, walking in the alley behind the bar. Marissa stumbled at bit, just as her and Julie were almost out onto the street, but both girls fell onto the ground. Julie only scraped her knee, but Marissa had a bleeding cut. Marissa wasn’t in a very stable emotional state, so she was in tears. Julie couldn’t do much for her, she only promised to clean up the cut, once the two of them made it home. Marissa wasn’t very willing to move. Julie tried and tried, but she couldn’t lift the young woman off of the ground. Marissa was sobbing now, her face cupped inside her hands, and Julie didn’t know what to do. Her cell phone was dead, and she didn’t want to go inside and even try to find some help, so she was lost. Julie pushed a hand through her hair with a sigh, but before she could do anything else, she heard a malicious chuckle echo throughout the alley. Julie spun around, trying to find the source of the laughter, but she only found darkness. But soon, many young men appeared out of the darkness, dressed in those early nineteen hundreds clothing. Julie stood over Marissa protectively as the twelve men stood in a triangle shape in front of her, only one man standing at the very front.

His hair was dark, not black, but a dark brown the fell at his shoulders in large waves, though covered in a tan bowler hat. His eyes were cold and black, and his face held a large smirk that made Julie quiver on the inside. He looked at both Julie and Marissa with hunger, and not a hunger for their bodies, but for their blood. His frame was tall and skinny, with a black cane in his right, gloved hand. Over his upper body he wore a sleeveless umbrella-like jacket, that covered most of his stomach and arms, and draped over his shoulder was a while furry scarf, probably made of pure white arctic fox fur.

Leave it to Julie to notice what he was wearing first, instead of the large with fangs that shone brightly in his smile.

Marissa had stopped crying by now and was looking with awe at the well dressed stranger. The man up front tipped his hat to them and spoke with a voice as soft as silk. “Good evening, madams,” was the words he uttered before his hat was again placed onto his head. The rest of the men behind him followed suit, doing and saying to same thing in complete unison. “I am William, and these are my dandies,” William said, moving his hand in a graceful motion towards his followers. “Don’t you think it’s just a wonderful night for a gourmet meal?” William said, menacingly walking up to Julie, who had plastered herself against the brick wall. William leaned into the crock of her neck, as Julie stiffened with fear. She didn’t want to die. She was too young to die. Thinking he was going to bite her, and this would be the end, she silently said her prayers, and shut her eyes tightly, waiting for pain. William chuckled as he licked her neck, feeling the pace of her pulse with his tongue. “Don’t worry, sweetheart, you’re not going to die just yet.” William breathed, moving his face away from her neck. “Oh, don’t you smell divine,” he said, breathing in the air around her. “It’s so hard to find adult female virgins these days. Women are such sluts.” William said annoyed. William then picked up the hat off Julie’s head. “Hmm, what do we have here?” he said, a smirk large than all the rest appeared onto his face. Julie quivered under that smirk, wishing that the wall behind would melt away so she could just run. “I think I’ll be keeping this, if you don’t mind,” he said, handing the hat over to one of his followers. “Anyhow we should get this along. After all, you probably just want to get this over with, eh?” he said, again beginning to lean into her neck, but before he could continue, a hiss was heard from one of the other vampires, before he fell onto the floor dead, with a stake thrust into his heart. William smirked. “Well if it isn’t little Petey and his gang of breathers.” He said, smirking at four men who had placed themselves outside of the alley. Three of them held gun like devices, with large, but slender wooden stakes in them, while the other, the one up front, held three of them in his hand, a scowl on his face. None of the men moved. Julie barely breathed as she watched the unannounced staring contest occur. Marissa also sat in shock, not moving.

“Feeding time is over, leeches,” the man in the front of the small group of four hissed in a gruff voice before all of the men threw themselves into a battle of rage. Julie took this as a good time to try to escape. She pulled Marissa off of her feet, and pulled her back towards the back door of the bar. Marissa wasn’t able to run very fast, but they nearly made it, before a dandy jumped in front of them, flaring his fangs in their direction as he wore a sickly smirk. Julie and Marissa shrieked in fear. The vampire nearly had Julie in his grip before one of the hunters’ wooden stakes flew into the vampire’s back, sending him to the ground. Julie and Marissa looked up at their savior in shock. The man who stood in front of the group nodded at the girls before pushing them towards the door, silently telling them to run and not look back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got back from vacation early, and I thought you guys had waited for chapter five long enough, so here it is. I didn't get done the amount of chapters that I wanted to get done, but everyday for the next couple of weeks, you should be getting a chapter from me.

If not I must be dead.

:tehe: just kidding.

But yeah, I'm working my butt off for you guys because I love you.
And because I love you so well, you should comment, subscribe,and tell all of your friends about this epic story.

Oh and surreptitious is so Ryan's favorite word. ;)

OH and I'm looking for someone to beta read my chapters for me. If you're interested please, PM me. I would really appreciate it. :D

PEACE, LOVE, & TEQUILA
--MAPPIE