Cloud-Nigh

Roman Fairchild is your average high school senior--minus one, sort of important little detail: he was born with three hearts and the electrical output of a thunderstorm. Besides that, yeah, he's totally normal--he guesses--enjoying the Brewster metal and electronic scenes, hanging out with his vocally damaged friend Nimbus, and chatting with his online love, Kyrie. When he's not frying circuits and computers, and blogging about the One War with other Bin-Crons, of course.

Such is life on New Earth--where humanity has evolved into electrically potent beings with two hearts and AI personal computers--known as CPs--are a person's closest confidant (only because they think they're human). Where wars are fought not between armies, but mercenaries with implanted chips projecting their moralities and mosh pits are a survival requirement.

The unexpected arrival of an alien sentience changes all that. All of a sudden, CPs begin gaining elevated awareness, driven by an unconscious desire for human bodies--shedding light on a horrifying human project.

Along with Aodh--his trusty CP--and a rag-tag group of metal heads, bloggers and electronica-philes, Roman must unlock the secrets of the Nigh and discover the true reason for their arrival.