Sugar Daddy

7

The morning after was sort of like drinking in a hot liquid, you know it's going to burn your tongue and you know it's hard to swallow but you drink any way. To make your purpose known I guess, or to just torture yourself once more.

I could not even remember going to the restaurant properly. I told myself it was the amount of shots I had when I knew for a fact it was because I wasn't used to this. But I kept thinking about the possibilities I could have. How someone could know my name without knowing me. I could watch TMZ and see my face on the screen. People would wonder what's so special about me, but they wouldn't ask.

They would just know.

The rings dangling off my fingers were heavier when I woke up, I could see the newly earned money in clumps on the floor. It was like living in a music video, after the crew and the star left. But don't get me wrong, I wasn't feeling the loneliness, not yet exactly.

My phone was chiming, a number I didn't recognize was on my screen. I tentatively answered. "Hello." And was surprised with who I heard.

"Hey girl, it's me Sherrie." I smiled slightly, she seemed happy to talk to me.

"Oh hey, I thought you were Frank or something." Shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh that player is over at Greta's house." She giggled.

"I just called to see if you wanted a girl's day. Darrin just filled my cards and I'm ready to start buying a new wardrobe. You in?"

So I might be making friends after all it seemed. I told her I accepted and I could hear the smile in her voice. She actually wanted to spend time together. And the thought of buying new clothes made me drool just a tad.

I practically pranced around the house the whole morning, much to Mikey's dismay.

"Rich bitch, you mind if you could pay rent this month?:"

I nodded, applying make up to my eyes, smudging it just right.

"Brother of mine which I love so much there will be enough money to your hearts content around here these days."

He yelled something back about not being in some whore line up with me and I ignored him. I couldn't wait to get out there and finally do something for a change. No more pitiful, useless Gerard. Never again will I succumb to what isn't up to par with my standards.

I was a new person.

And this will be the change of many different persons I will go through in the next six years.

Sherrie arrived at my place in a half hour, with her signature gold look and perky pink lips I could see why Darrin kept her around.

"Well, those clothes ain't buying themselves now are they?" And she led me outside. Instead of driving we were walking, she said it keeps her in shape and it keeps people knowing who's the hottest bitch on the block. Her words not mine.

She stepped into a boutique, one of those where you know it's expensive when the shop owners either greet you with open arms of a sneer and a door slammed in your face.

"Gloria, show my friend those pants, the ones with the yellow stripes." Sherrie demanded, she had the diva thing down like it was a second nature. I couldn't wait to feel this confident someday.

"Here they are." And a tall, lanky woman appeared with a pair of leather pants with yellow strips racing down the sides. They screamed rock star, or really crazy person. Either way I loved the way they looked.

"Now, I wanted to see that dress over there." And Sherrie pointed elsewhere and Gloria went off to retrieve the item. She smiled, then grabbed a bunch of things off the rack. Shoes, belts, bags, shirts, you name it.

"Now follow me." And she scurried off to the dressing rooms. Stuffing some clothes in my hands she told me to try on everything at once, and then put on the pants. Baffled, she rolled her eyes and forced me inside.

Dragging me out of my skinny jeans, she pulled on the tight pants and then stuffed the other items inside. I wanted to ask what was going on, but I wasn't naive. I knew, and I would've said no, but it was kind of thrilling.

"Not a word." And I did as told. Before I knew it we were leaving, and then I heard something, something that made my heart stop.

"Miss, your credit card was declined. We have to check your purchases as well. Standard agreement."

I suddenly felt like I was advertising my crime to the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to know in the comments what you think will happen next?
Would you still be friends with someone if they took something?
What will Frank say?

All will be revealed. Tomorrow.