Status: -.-

Your Smile, Bert

But What Could Be Wrong?

I walked to my locker at the end of the day, then when I closed it, Bob was facing me.

"Hi..." I said.

"I hope you're happy." he said.

"Um, what do you mean...?" I asked pulling my hoodie on.

"Leaving me for that idiot."

"Why are you acting like this? It was two weeks." I said. I really thought Bob was better then this.

"Yeah, two weeks and Laycie gives a hand job. Guess your friend might need to know that." he said.

I eyed him. "So, now I'm a whore."

"I guess you are." he said. "You got on top of me."

I turned away. What the hell?

Bert walked beside me. "What did he want?"

I sighed. "I don't know..."

Bert put his arm around me, which made me smile. He kissed me on the cheek , which made me smile even wider.

The two of us got on the bus soon enough. We were back to normal, except better. He came home with me, as usual. Still, I was a little bothered by Bob's comment, and wondered why he honestly wanted to make me feel that bad. I guess because I dumped him.

- - - - -

The following Thursday, Bob hadn't said another word to me since Monday. I was glad.

I decided since I had done enough for myself, it was time for me to do things for others. I told Frank Iero I needed to talk to him for a minute after class.

"What's up, Laycie?" he asked.

"You know, I haven't seen you with a girl friend for years. Since like 7th grade or something." I said.

"Yeah, well, I don't know... I kind of think dating is overrated." he said.

"Ah, well I was just curious." I said, "Anyway, Halloween a bunch of me and my brother's friends are gonna pile up and watch scary movies, if you want to come."

"It would be nice to do something on my birthday other then trick or treat..." he said.

"Your birthday is on Halloween?" I asked. "That is so cool." I laughed.

"Yeah, well, I'll let you know." he smiled.

Then, we went off to our next classes.

Now, when I get home I'm going to contact that nursing home about the haunted house.

To my unpleasant surprise, they weren't doing the haunted house this year because they didn't have enough volunteers.

"Well, Gerard, in good news, Frank Iero is probably coming over on Halloween." I told him.

"Really..." Gerard said.

I nodded, then skipped to my room, where Bert was laying watching TV. I lied down next to him. He kissed me on the cheek.

It started getting late. Bert rose from his spot next to me, and opened the window a little.

"Don't you dare!" I exclaimed.

"Come on, Laycie..." he said. "Just one. I haven't smoked in 2 whole days."

I sighed. "Go ahead."

He lit the cigarette, and took a long drag.

"You know, I'm not going to kiss you after you smoke." I said.

"Why not?" he asked pouting.

"Because it's gross."

He groaned. "I only smoked a little bit."

"Smoke anymore of it and see if I kiss you."

He put the cigarette out on the windowsill.

I giggled. "Now I know how to get you to stop smoking."

"Yeah, cutting me off from your kisses really sucks." he said. Then, sat down beside me. "But, I can kiss you now, right?"

I laughed. "Yes."

"Good." he said. Then, he put his hand on my cheek and kissed me. I kissed him back, tasting the slight hint of smoke on his lips.

I pulled away, but kept my arms around him. "You're really going to have to stop smoking."

He sighed. "Yeah."

I kissed him again. His lips run over my top lip, then my bottom lip. I pressed myself closer to him, then felt his tongue press through my lips. I rubbed my tongue against his, and let him taste my whole mouth. He held onto the small of my back, as I pushed my chest against his harder. His lips moved from mine, to my jaw-line, then to my neck. I let a small moan escape my lips.

"Like that, do you?" he whispered in my ear and then kissed the tip of my earlobe.

"Mhmm..." I replied quietly.

He laughed a little, "Well, too bad. It's time for bed." he said.

I glared at him. "Your so funny." I said sarcastically.

He lied down. I rose just to turn off the light and shut the door.

"Good night." he said then kissed me on the cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been months. I re-read this, and had to add.

Hopefully I will be updating more often...