Status: -.-

Your Smile, Bert

Goodnight

Bert came back to my mom's with us. He acted like the same crazy ass Bert as always. But, I could see in his eyes he was hurting. He's pretty good at being fake though. He fooled my brothers.

"Your staying the night?" Gerard asked.

"Fuck yes." Bert said.

"Well that means now is the time for you to get out your energy." I said, "I go to bed before eleven." I smiled.

"I know the rules." Bert said. He made his way to my room.

I followed him. "Wait just a minute! I'm putting on pajamas." I pushed him out of my room and shut the door. I slid off my skinny jeans and slid on my stretch pants.

The door flew open. "Done yet?"

I pushed it back shut. "No!"

"What about now?" he asked.

I sighed. "Give me a fucking second. Good God!" I couldn't help laughing. I finished changing into pajamas and opened the door. "There."

"Gimme a piece of paper." Bert said.

"No." I said grabbing an empty notebook out of my drawer. I handed it too him. "There now you have a notebook. Be happy!"

He smiled. "Thank you Laycie May."

I rolled my eyes. "Anyway...what are you writing?"

"You'll see when it's all the way done."

I sighed. "Not fair."

He wrote a little. Then, handed me the notebook.

I smiled. "The Ways always get their way."

It read: It's all in how you mix the two

"That's all?" I asked.

Bert nodded. "That's all I could write..."

I shrugged, "Well, you'll come up with more?"

Bert shrugged.

I lied down in my bed. "You laying down, writing? What?"

"I'm sitting up for a bit." he said.

I rolled over. "Well, please turn out the light before you go to sleep."

"Okay." Bert said. "Goodnight, Laycie. I love you."

"I love you too." I said smiling to myself.

Every time he says that, I get this warm feeling. Somebody loves me.

I closed my eyes and continued thinking about the boy seated in my floor.

Then, I smelled smoke. I sat up and looked at Bert. He had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

"Bert!" I exclaimed. "You know the fucking rule! No smoking in my house."

"Just one."

"You don't need to be smoking anyway."

Bert pouted. "Please?"

"No. Put it out!"

"Make me."

I hopped of the bed and landed on Bert I took the cigarette out of his hand. Then, i got up and put in out on my windowsill, opened the window and threw it out.

"You bitch." Bert said.

"I've told you like, 50 thousand times not to smoke in my house." I said standing in front of him. "If you do it again, your gone."

Bert looked at his lap. "Fine..."

I smiled. "Now, goodnight."

"Come here first." he said.

I sat in front of him. "I'm here."

"Laycie, why are you so hard on me? You act like my fucking mom or something." he said.

I dropped my jaw. "It's because I love you, Bert. I don't want you to die."

"We're all gonna die one day."

I sighed. "Well, yeah. But, I don't want you shortening your life. Alright?"

Bert nodded.

"I'm going to bed." I said starting to get up. "Now no more of this nonsense."

"Hold on." he said.

I looked him as he lifted my chin. "Wh-"

I was cut off by a kiss. But, this kiss it wasn't just a playful normal Bert kiss. It was a passionate kiss. I kissed him back.

He pulled away.

"Goodnight." I smiled and got into my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments = updates