Falling For His Secrets

Crumble

I yawned into my pillow glad to finally be home. Ben and I arrived back home just in time for dinner. My parents of course invited him to stay, but he had to decline. He had ‘work’ to do.

I smiled to myself, happy to know what kind of work Ben means. He’s a spy! I laughed out loud then buried my face back in my pillow.

It was now nine o’clock and I was dead tired. Eventually I drifted off to sleep.
----
“Ali!” I heard Ben, or should I say Michael, shout from across the parking lot. I was just getting out of my car at school the morning after our trip.

I walked towards him. He was sitting on the hood of his car smiling at me.

My stomach flipped and my heart beat raced. Damn, he was cute.

“Hey,” I smiled walking up to his car.

He rolled off the hood and stood in front of me. “Hi.” He whispered right before kissing my lips softly.

I smiled to myself. The kiss was short and simple, but it meant so much. He kissed me in front of everyone and anyone who was in the parking lot, which meant he was mine, and he wanted everyone to know I was his.

Oh my god. Is he my boyfriend now? I inwardly screamed and did a dance. I couldn’t actually do it right now, but when I got home I would call Nadia and scream to her over the phone.

Speaking of Nadia… where was she? She’s been out of school ever since Ben arrived. Odd. I ignored the thought and focused on Ben again.

“So, what are we doing today? Flying to London maybe?” I joked, poking Ben’s side.

He laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “Nah, I’m working after school.” He said. Then leaning closer he added “Me and my brother’s have to do something.”

I nodded feeling depressed. I wanted to spend all my time around Ben now. Learn all about his family and his job. It seemed so much more interesting then my boring life.

All I do is homework and sports. Sports. “Shit!” I said aloud.

Ben looked at me confused.

I stopped walking and leaned against a wall. I put my face in my hands frustrated. “I missed cheerleading yesterday!” I said angry.

“Oh. That’s my fault. I’m sorry!” Ben said quickly.

“No it’s not, I should have said something. I totally forgot though. Shit Shit Shit!” My team was going to kill me. And then, my coach was going to bring me back to life to kill me again.

“Hey, don’t worry about it. It’s not that bad right?” Ben asked confused. He came up to me pulling at my arms so he could see my face.

“It IS bad.” I said. “My coach hates when people miss practice, and I’m the co-captain!” I snapped.

Ben’s face dropped and he let go of my wrists. I had snapped at him for no reason.

“Sorry.” I whispered.

He nodded just as the bell rang. He turned and ran off to class without saying anything.

And just like that, my perfect life seemed to be crumbling. I couldn’t even be happy for a day.
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dun. more intesne spy stuff nexttttt!