Falling For His Secrets

Be Safe

I decided to ask another question that was bothering me “What about you’re name? Which is it, Ben or Michael?” I asked.

“Ben. But you can’t call me Ben around other people. Promise?” He said

“Umm.. ok? I promise. But why?” I asked.

“It’s complicated.” He said as he turned the car into a long driveway. A gate opened leading us to a large house hidden by trees.

“Wow. Do you live here?” I asked him.

“Yep. For now at least...” He said kind of sadly. I looked at him curiously.

We got out of the car and he grabbed my hand leading me inside. We went up the stairs into a room. It was a normal teenage boy’s bedroom. Posters covered the walls, which were a dark blue. There were clothes everywhere and the bed was un-made.

He suddenly looked self-conscious. He sat down on the bed and I sat next to him.

“Are you going to tell me the truth? About everything?” I asked.

“Seriously, I can’t its way to dangerous. I don’t want to screw you’re life up like mine is.” He said.

“I have no clue what you’re talking about!” I said confused.

“Okay just listen, I am telling the truth. Believe me.” He said. I nodded.

“I’m not normal. My family isn’t normal. If I had a choice, I wouldn’t have wanted this kind of life.” He said sadly.

“Every couple months we move, leaving everything behind. My parents are always gone away, and I’m not aloud to tell people anything. I’m so frustrated. I can’t get close to anyone.” He said looking me in the eye.

“But… why?” I asked.

“I… I’m… No, I’m sorry. You should leave now.” Ben said standing up. When we got back downstairs to the door I realized he drove me here. I didn’t even know where here was.

“Uh, Ben? You drove me…” I said.

“Oh.” He got his keys and we walked back to his car. The ride was quiet until I spoke.

“You can’t leave me hanging. I need answers.” I told him.

“You don’t need to be involved.” He said angry.

“Can’t you see? I am involved. Since the moment you pulled me off the street I have been involved!” I shouted at him.

He shook his head. “What’s your name?” He asked suddenly. I forgot he didn’t know.

“Alison.” I replied.

“Nice to meet you Alison.” He said then smiled. He pulled into my drive way and killed the engine. Wait, how did he know where I lived?

“I didn’t tell you where my house was.” I said eyeing him carefully.

“I know a lot of things Alison. Too much sometimes. I’ll explain more tomorrow.” He said.

I opened the car door and climbed out.

“Bye, Ben.” I said.

Just as I closed the car door I heard him say “Be safe, Alison.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't seem to get Ben's character right... like how I want him to come across. What do you guys see him like? If you need more story to "get to know him" better I'll add more. But please comment! :D