Falling For His Secrets

We Have A Guest Today

He took me into the airport. I had been here many times before on family vacations etc, but he took me down a long hall I had never been in.

I caught sight of a sign reading “Private Airlines”. So he was taking me to a private jet?

We emerged outside on the black tarmac. Like I assumed, there was a small jet waiting on the runway.

We boarded the jet. All the staff on the plane greeted Ben. It was weird, like he was famous or something. Wait. Maybe he was some kind of superstar in some other country! He is rich… and he’s going by a different name.

I was happy with my new theory until a man in a black suit and dark sunglasses approached us.

“Hello Benjamin.” He greeted in a deep voice. “I see we have a guest today…” He said turning to me.

“Hi.” I squeaked. This man was very intimidating. He was really tall and had dark hair. His broad shoulders made him look like a pro football player.
“This is Alison Gerard.” Said Ben.

I had almost forgotten where I was and what was going on. Once we were seated ready to take off, I got to talk to Ben.

“Where are we going? Who was that? He sounded pissed? Does he like me?” The questions over flowed from me.

Ben laughed. “Deep breaths Ali,” He said.

I nodded try to breathe. “Sorry.” My voice came out in a squeak yet again.

“We are going to Washington. That was my boss. He was pissed that I brought you, don’t worry about it. He’ll like you eventually.” He said answering all my questions.

I sat back a little less confused for the rest of the flight. Eventually I could see land again out my window.
----
Once we were landed, I was lead to a black car with tinted windows. We drove for a while but I didn’t pay much attention to where we were going.

Eventually we drove past some signs, and I knew where we were. In D.C. At least Ben hadn’t lied about our destination.

We pulled up to a tall building. The kind with windows all over, that looked like mirrors.

Ben opened my car door, and took my hand leading me inside.

“This is where my parents work.” He said smiling like he was in on a joke I didn’t know about.

“So am I going to meet them?” I asked confused.

“Not my dad, he’s not here today. My parents work here sometimes… but mostly they travel.” He tried to explain.

“Oh.” I simply said.

We went up an elevator to the 7th floor. It opened up to a single room. Two guys in dark sunglasses took a metal detector and scanned me. It was so strange. It’s not like we were going to see the president.

Ben showed them his ID and they immediately stopped and opened the two wooden doors for us.
These doors opened to a large room with a TV surrounded by a leather couch and chairs, a mini kitchen complete with a bar, and a big fat oak desk in the center. Two chairs sat in front of the desk.

Ben and I sat in the two chairs by the desk. I felt like I was in the principal’s office.

Ben shot me a smile, and I tried to look happy although inside I was freaking out. His mom must be REALLY important.