Status: On Hiatus :( I'm sorry, I'll probably update, but not often.

Heroes, and Their Heroine

Kickstart My Heart

Three weeks since his bitching at the diner, and three weeks since our truce. Time seemed to pass by even slower than usual and I learned something new; my heart raced even by just the mere thought of him.

The way he laughed as addicting, his smile was amazing, his eyes were gorgeous, and when he sparkles, it's like watching God come down to Earth. Simply magical. He can be annoying, asking the same question over and over again if I never answered in the first place. Or when he'd just stare, grinning when I'd blush under his watchful eyes.

Honestly, I could go on for hours just listing ever single thing about him; the good and the bad. And even if it is bad, it's not too bad. Hm, I'm not even sure that made sense, but oh well.

I picked at the hem of the red silk pillow case as I clutched the pillow tightly, smiling into it slightly as my mind went overboard again. Emmett was slowly taking the sanity that I had left. And what I found odd, was that I just didn't care. He could take anything from me, as long as I had him.

I heard a knock sound throughout my room and I let the pillow fall to my side. I snorted to myself and stared at the door with a confused expression. My dad never knocked. Ever. Privacy slowly became an invisible word in the Maden household. "Yeah, Dad?" I called out warily. The golden knob twisted and imagine my surprise to find the one occupying my thoughts, smiling widely as he leaned against the threshold.

He made his way over in a flash, leaning against my bed as he took a seat on the floor, "I'm not your dad, sorry to disappoint you."

I shrugged and grinned playfully."Eh, I'm used to disappointment. It's not much of a bother anymore. I kind of exprect it now, to be honest."

And that was the truth, although I would play it off as not. Disappointment ran deep through my veins since the divorce and it's slowly leaving the streams as I spend more time with him. Disappointment would be no more. He looked surprised though, taking my comment more seriously than I wanted him to. "Really?" he questioned.

I shook my head and tapped his shoulder, "Nah. Just messing with you." He nodded but sent me a skeptical look as my hands once more found the pillow that I put aside. I gripped the pillow tightly, more so than I was earlier as the nerves took over. Suddenly, I'm more than glad that Jasper is the one who can sense emotions, and not Emmett. I'd probably die of embarrassment if he could sense my nervousness. Pun, not intended. "Quick question; what are you even doing here?"

He lifted his shoulders and let the fall languidly, looking up at me, "Are we suddenly not friends again?"

I snorted, "As if you'd let that ever happen."

Giggling, he winked, "Yeah, yeah. That's true."

Unconsioulsly my hands gripped tighter around the pillow. I could strangle someone with this grip, have no fear though - I won't.

I picked at the hem again, trying to desperately avoid his watchful eyes, "Really though, why are you here?"

Shrugging, he climed onto the foot at my bed. "Bored. Why - I can't drop by here?"

I gave a half-hearted sigh and slipped the pillow under my head. "Yeah, didn't you hear? It's illegal for you to break an entry."

"I didn't break in," he scoffed, looking at me.

"That's what they all say."

He only grinned and sat up, crawling next to me. I thanked the God that made my heart not race. I cursed the other God that made me blush. "My, my. Is it just me, or do I see a blush on your beautiful face?"

I was reeling inside, he called me beautiful. I glared at him, the blush still evidently there. "It's just you. You're seeing things."

Emmett shook his head, clearly disagreeing with my frown as a wider grin spread over his face. "I have impeccable vision," he reminded me. I let out a scoff.

"Ugh, please. You need glasses just as much as a blind person does."

He glared and frowned, his hand slowly crept over my stomach and my face turned red, blood rushing up like a waterfall rushes down. Once his cold palm touched the flat of my stomach, he lifted his hand up, leaving his fingers to mercilessly attack my stomach, tickling me gently while applying more than enough pressure. I burst out laughing, wiggling left and right while pushing insistently his big hands away. He over powered me though, and continued. "Ah! Em-Mett! Oh, God! Ahaha!"

"God? I like that," he grinned and continued to tickle me. "Yes?"

I glared but it was futile as I let out another laugh. "St--stop it!"

He chuckled and pulled his hand away, letting me breathe. I glared at him from the corner of my eyes. "Emmett --"

He cut me off with a hand in the air, "Nope; I now go by God."

I huffed and chuckled to myself before my expression turned serious again, "You're dead," I frowned and sat up, not thinking correctly. He laughed loudly and tapped the top of my head with his knuckles lightly. I pouted and rubbed the spot.

"Yes, I'm dead Maria," he giggled. "I've been dead for a long time.

---Emmett McCarty Cullen---

She was so cute, pouting as she rubbed the spot that I patted. Her brown eyes narrowed, glaring at me and I laughed again.

"Yes, I'm dead Maria," I giggled. "I've been dead for a long time."

I was dead for a long time, I thought to myself, but you kickstarted my heart. I laughed silently at the cheesiness and she raised a brow.

"Lose your insanity, Emmett?" she asked with a tilt of her head. I shook my head.

"Nah, no way."

But I did lose my heart, I'd like to thank you though. You just found it.

You know what they say.

Finders, keepers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit: Kickstart My Heart -- Motley Crue :)

So, here's another chapter. Thanks for the comments, and subscribing! You're all amazing.
Please keep the comments coming. I'm not sure when the next time I'll update is, but just to let you know, I'll still update. school just started again, and my Algebra 2 teacher decided to tell us today the terrible news; homework every night.

Anyway, please subscribe and comment and rate :) By the way, check out