The Past Always Comes Back

Flashy

Setting my keys down on the island in our kitchen, I heard Tessa’s high heeled boots clicking across the floor.

“Where have you been girl?!” She asked a smile playing at her lips.

“At Nate’s friend’s house. Where Nate is staying.” I said unable to hide my smile.

“Ohh,” Tessa winked suggestively. “You were there all night?” She asked.

“Yes. AND NOTHING HAPPENED!” I said laughing.

“Sure. Sure.” She giggled. “And you said you didn’t like him.” I could tell she was about to go into the ‘I Told You So’ speech.

“Yes, I know! I just didn’t want to admit that I like him, okay?” I said my voice pretty much begging her to understand.

“I know. I get it hun.” Tessa said wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

It felt good to actually talk to my best friend again. After all the fights we’ve had lately. I knew I still needed to tell her about mine and Nate's past, but I just needed to wait until the right time.

“Well, I need a shower. Nate and I are hanging out tonight.” I said biting my lip to keep from smiling.

After I showered and did my make up, I pulled Tessa away from her One Tree Hill marathon to help me pick out something to wear.

“How about this?” Tessa asked holding up a royal blue sequined top.

“No, too flashy.” I groaned falling back on my bed. It was about the 40th shirt she’s held up and I could find something wrong with every one of them.

“Well Maya, that’s it. We’re going shopping.” She said grabbing my hand and pulling me off my bed.

We spent the afternoon shopping and when we got back to the apartment I had bought 4 new tops, 2 pairs of jeans, a dress, and 3 pairs of shoes.

Tessa had insisted on paying for most of it, since her family is loaded. I only let her pay because if I don’t she’ll yell at me.

I grabbed my clothes, pulling on a new purple top I got, and slipping into some new ripped jeans. I then stole Tessa’s boots she had on earlier.

Looking out my window to the city below me, I thought back about the past week. Ever since Nate had come back into my life, I had stopped partying. No more coming home drunk at 3am. No more waking up in a stranger’s bed after a night of clubbing.

To my surprise, I actually liked not partying for once. I liked how with Nate here, I could have fun and not have to be out dancing or drinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I lied. Tthe next chapter is when there will be more Nate & Maya. sorry ;P
Comments? Anyone? They make my day!