Status: 2/25/10; THERE WILL BE UPDATES BUT SLOW ONES, I'M SO SORRY.

As You Wish

Personal Guardian Angel

Image

PRESENT

Since the day I met John O’ Callaghan, I saw nothing but hope for myself. I don’t know why he had entered my life at the wrong time where I felt like my cancer was getting worst. My hair was slowly growing back; it was now just shaggy and short. But it was growing. On this day I was happier than ever, because I was feeling so much better than I have over the month and 2 weeks. Asking the doctor about my progress was what I intended to do. Once I got to ask, I got the answer I was dying to hear, that I was doing better.

Over coming something like this was great. The feeling was unexplainable; I didn’t expect anything to ruin my day. I was sitting up and I was leaning against my pillows. There was this smile on my lips that just didn’t want to go away, not matter how much I would try. I was allowed out of the hospital the next day. I was free from this place that was more than just a home to me.

I looked over to my door and saw John standing there. I smiled more and waved a little. “John, guess what!” I said happily.

“I don’t know what!” He said and walked over to me and sat down in his spot which was next to me.

“I’m doing better and I’m allowed out of this place tomorrow. I get to go home John.”

“Oh that’s really good to hear Ella.” He said, he didn’t really sound like he normally would.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” I said and looked at him and bit my bottom lip.

“I have to tell you something.”

“Oh no, what do you have to tell me?”

John’s face was getting sadder by the minute he was staying quiet. He looked over to me and then quickly looked back at his lap.

“Ella, my band is going on tour now. We’re opening up for some head lining band. I’m leaving.” He said and looked at me. He put his head on my shoulder and sighed deeply.

“Oh John, that’s it? I mean aren’t you excited that your band is finally going to the top, soon your band will be the head lining band!”

“I didn’t expect you to react that way; I thought you would be sad. But I’m happy with your attitude. But still Ella, I’m leaving you, I don’t want to. I’ve been here for you, almost every damn day. I don’t just want to walk away.”

“You’re going on tour.” I said and kissed the top of his head like nothing.

“Oh what do you know? You’re just a girl.” John said while lifting his head up and crossed his arms.

“I knew that would someday haunt me.” I said and shook my head to him. “John, listen to me. I know your leaving, and I can’t stop you from not going, because for one that wouldn’t be cool. And I know you were there through the bad and now it’s getting better for the both of us John.” I said as I reached for his hand, I held onto it. “I got my time with you John, now you must go and spend time with your fans and the soon to become ones.”

John slowly looked over to me and nodded. “I understand that Ella, but I just don’t want to leave, I want my time here to be more than just a month maybe more than that, maybe forever.”

I looked over his face slowly and sighed deeply, I was feeling the pain now. “Your not listening to me John, your like my personal guardian angel, you helped get through the rough time in my life. And now you’re going to go off and help others through your singing and lyrics.”

John’s eyes never left my face, my eyes never left his. He leaned in and kissed my cheek softly and then rests his head on my shoulder again. He held onto my hand and placed our hands on his lap. “I leave tomorrow night Ella.”

“Okay John. I won’t make any plans.”

“You better not.”

“You have my word.”

“I’ll keep it.”

“You keep it.”

“I will.”

“Then do it.”

“I will.” I laughed slightly at him and rest my head against his. Yeah it was going to be hard to let someone go that I grew quite attached to. I held onto his hand and slowly looked down at both our hands. I smiled a little.

As the day continued it was only getting more emotional for the both of us. It didn’t really hit me, I wasn’t crying but I felt like it at times. The day had come to end and John had spent the night with me, only because it was our last night together. The next morning I woke up, feeling really happy but then that quickly changed. I looked down to sleeping John. I ran my hand through his hair slowly. I watched as he slowly opened his eyes.

“Morning Ella.” He said and rubbed his eyes before getting up and off the chair. I smiled to him and didn’t speak, I just smiled to him.

“Today John is the day we both start a new chapter in our lives.” I finally spoke. John nodded and smiled to me. I knew he didn’t want to go. But he had to. The doctor made me sign some papers before leaving, John had give me a ride home. I stood in the front door, staring at him.

“John…” I said my eyes starting to get watery. “I don’t want you to leave now. It’s now hitting me!” I said and groaned a little.

“Get over here!” he said and pulled me into a tight hug. I cried into his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist. I hugged him tightly and didn’t want him to go. “I don’t want to leave either but like you said, I have to. It’s my new chapter in life.” He whispered and kissed my head.

“John, I really want to thank you for everything. I mean for everything. The flowers, the movies, the two teddy bears and the shirt.” I said as I slowly pulled away, I was still crying a little.

“You’re welcome Ella. I’m really glad that I got the chance to meet you. Thanks for not pushing me away.”

“Thanks for not running away.”

“I’m going to miss you so much. I’ll call you.”

“You better and I will be missing you.”

“I’m going to call.”

“Do it.”

“I will.” He said and then pulled me into a hug again. He placed a kiss on my cheek and slowly stepped away from me.

“Don’t get hurt John. I’m fucking serious.” I said and smiled.

“As you wish.” He said and smiled.

“Wait John, do you know what that means?”

“Yeah… it was Westley’s way of saying. I love you, from the movie.” John said and smiled to me.

“Yeah…” I said and smiled back to him. “Do you mean that?” I asked.

“Bye Ella.” He said with a small smirk.

“But John!” I yelled and sighed deeply, really wanting to know.

“I’ll call you!”

“UGH! Fine, you better.”

“I will.” Was John’s last word to me before he gotten into the car. “AS… YOU… WISH!” he then yelled as he drove away. I couldn’t help but to smile and laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
loving it or hating it ?
let me know xD