Status: 2/25/10; THERE WILL BE UPDATES BUT SLOW ONES, I'M SO SORRY.

As You Wish

Broken Up

Image

Another night, another show. Sitting there on my bed, covers pulled over my legs, I sighed deeply. I was tired, and I felt slightly weak. This brought concern to everyone, but mostly John and Dana. John was at my side like he used to be, Dana on her bed, staring me, as Veronica was at the foot of the bed.

“Ella, are you sure you’re going to be okay?” John asked me, his voice sounding sad.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. I promise if anything happens, I’ll call for help.” I said looking at him; I put my hand on his cheek to reassure him.

“I’ll stay with her for tonight. If anything happens, I’ll be here for her.” Veronica said sweetly, she put her hand on my ankle.

I slowly dropped my hand from John’s face; I looked over to her and smiled. I looked back to John. “See, everything is going to be okay.”

“I’ll come straight here after the performance. Okay, so I could check on you.”

“John, don’t worry about me, just go out there and play and stay after, greet your fans.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive…”

Watching John get to his feet, he didn’t take his eyes off me. His face was filled with worried and sadness. I hated to see him like that, I felt responsible for him if he were to mess up on stage, because he was worried about me.

“Sleep, okay? I’ll still come to check on you.” John said walking over to Veronica, he had a finger pointed me as he kissed her. She smiled to him and looked at me, he then left with Dana.

I got more comfortable; I slowly brought my pillows down and laid down. I looked at Veronica who didn’t take her eyes off me.

“Ella, he cares for you so much. It’s hard to believe that. He’s trying so hard not to show that he has feelings for you.” Veronica spoke; her tone wasn’t harsh at all.

“Well is he a caring guy, but I don’t know about the feelings part.” I said. So Dana wasn’t the only one who noticed this little connect as I’ll call it.

“If he’s not showing it, he’s showing it through his words, he talks about you like your some piece of wonderful art, don’t get me wrong Ella, your wonderful person. But he just makes you sound like you’re so much more.”

“But he can’t like me, he’s with you Veronica. I mean I don’t want to break you guys up, that wasn’t my being. I’ll back off…”

“No I get where you coming from, it’s just that I’m no longer his interest anymore. You are. He stayed with you in the hospital; he was at your side. He told me everything. And I know he didn’t tell you about me.”

Slowly sitting up with slight trouble, I looked at her, feeling bad that it came to this. “Veronica, I’m so sorry. Call me mean names, I deserver it completely.”

Veronica laughed and shook her head. “Ella, I said it was fine. I mean if it comes to a break up, it’s not your fault; it was going to happen without you. I can’t say he’s the only that’s losing interest. We’re not connecting anymore.”

Hearing her explain this to me, made me feel horrible. I didn’t want them to break up; I couldn’t help but to feel responsible. “Maybe if you guys were to spend some time together, it could work out.” I suggested.

“He’s on tour, I’m not going to wait around for him, and I want to start my own life. Don’t feel bad about this, seriously Ella. You’re the only thing he’s concern about. And you have to start showing your feelings towards him.” Veronica said getting a smirk on her lips.

“But I don’t like him, I mean their not strong feelings.” I was lying through my teeth, who was I kidding? There was more feeling there to start two relationships.

“You like John, admit it Ella. Say I like John.”

“I don’t really like John.”

“Ella…”

“Veronica. Um, I should really hit the hay, I am feeling sleepier.” I said and laid down once again.

“Don’t let it slip through your fingers, if he asks if you want to be with him, don’t let it pass you by. Say yes Ella, he’s a great guy. I’m sure you’ve noticed, and once I’m gone, take care of that boy.”

Nodding to her request, I slowly got more comfortable; I pulled the covers over my body. Veronica turned off the lights, she laid on Dana’s bed, and she watched TV. I stared at the window for only a second and then I was out.

Waking up to a dark room, I blinked a few times before looking over to Dana’s bed, seeing a lump there. Then I felt an arm around my waist again. I slowly turned in the hold and slowly touched the person, they moved slightly. I ran my hand up their arm, knowing it was John. A small smile appeared on my lips.

Once my hand reached his cheek, it were wet. I sunk down a little more so I was at his level. He wrapped his arm around me and sniffed.

“John, Are you okay?” I whispered to him, I kept my hand on his cheek, wiping the tears that laid there.

“She broke up with me.” He whispered back.

“She told me that she would.”

“I know, but I can’t get over it. I really liked her Ella. I just wished it would have worked out you know?”

“I know John. And I’m sorry for what happened.” I whispered, both of us keeping it quiet.

“Don’t be okay? I’m just hurting right now that’s all.”

I ran my hand through his hair slowly, I sighed deeply. I didn’t think he was going to get this hurt from it. I wrapped my arm around him weakly, still tired.

“Ella, she told me to tell you that you better show what you’re hiding. That if you don’t, that person isn’t going to give you the time of day. What does she mean by that?” He asked his voice sounding tired. He sniffed once more and cleared his throat.

“I have to start showing my feelings…”

“Feelings?”

“Yeah, I’ll explain it to you later, right now isn’t the time.”

Feeling him nodded, I placed a soft kiss on his forehead. I slowly turned in his hold to go back to my spot; his arm not leaving my waist, the grip was only tighter. I knew that some time after he was over this, I had to explain to him that I had feelings for him.

If Veronica and Dana were right about John having feelings, then he would confess as well. But one thing was for sure, I didn’t know if I could tell him.
♠ ♠ ♠
not much of chapter.
feedback ??