It's Kind of Funny

It's Kind Of Funny

"Dawn? Dawn?" he repeated the name in a panicked voice, until he noticed that the messed up wreck of a girl on the floor was still breathing. Still alive, he thought to himself, relieved. "Dawn, don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Silent tears were streaming down her face and she had a metallic taste in her mouth. Desperately gasping for air she was reaching out for God knows who to save her.

She received another fierce kick in the ribs, closely followed by a piercing scream in the night.

"Don't be such a baby about it," the cold voice muttered and she realized that she was wailing and sobbing for her dear life.

He grabbed a hold of her wrists and dragged her across the wooden floor, leaving a trace of blood. She grumbled with pain and when she realized where they were heading, an overwhelming sense of fear and panic struck her.

"P-please don't," she managed to utter in a pitiful voice, but to deaf ears. She used up so much of her strength to get him off her, that she didn't have any left to make a run for the door, despite the adrenaline rushing through her veins. Her body was simply too weak after hours of struggling to hold on to life.

She surrendered, leaving her body in his power. Her blank empty eyes were attached to the twinkling fluorescent lamps in the ceiling.

She imagined herself in the arms of an angel, whispering comforting words in her ear and holding her close, protecting her from all evil. She managed to smile despite the fact that it hurt in her cracked lips and swollen face. She smiled at the thought of an angel coming to rescue her, a guardian angel. Her eyes were full of naive hope and wishful thinking that angels do exist after all.

With a snap she was violently pulled back out from her wishful thinking and reality hit her. He had punched her in the face, all the overwhelming pain returned at once and the air abandoned her lungs in shock. Her face was starting to change color into an ash gray shade.

Panic-stricken he started to perform CPR on the fragile wounded body underneath him. The room was spinning in her point of view, when her lungs finally decided to start working again. Her inner organs were in the process of shutting down by then.

He had no idea about the mixture of pills that she had swallowed down earlier that day. The irony in the situation caused her to laugh joylessly. She knew that she was dying and he was just beginning to realize that.

"Dawn, don't die on me! Don't leave me!" his voice was desperate and upset. Ignoring the pain she managed to smirk at him, fully aware of what would happen. His anger conquered the worry. "Don't you smirk at me!"

He punched her in the face with his fist and the ring on his finger left a gash on her cheek, from which crimson fluid was running. He shook her body violently and she started an empty laughter, daring him to repeat his actions.

It was going to look like he had murdered her, and in a way he already had. Not by abusing her physically, but the mental abuse he had been subjecting her to during all this time. Mentally she was already dead, her body was like her own personal prison chaining her to an unworthy existence on Earth. She had died the first time he had beaten her and forced her to have sexual intercourse with him, ignoring the fact that she was yelling 'no'.

Her head collided with the wall repeatedly. She started to drift off, not able to feel the pain anymore, unable to feel anything at all for that matter. Even though her eyes were wide open, she couldn't see a thing. She could still hear him scream and his desperate hands were shaking her violently.

I don't see anything now, she thought. So just say what you want to say, she started coughing up blood and thought that if she could she would have laughed at him.

It's kind of funny how I'm not listening anyway.

She didn't even make an effort to stay alive. She already knew that she was going to die that night, she had it all planned and was more than ready to leave her sad existence on Earth behind. She managed to make her blood covered lips form one last scornful smile at her murderer before she closed her blind eyes for the last time and embraced the angel of death.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading. I'd love to hear what you think about it.