Status: Still Active

Mages and Magazines

Arch Elder Maverick

Arch Elder Maverick’s
“Ouch.”
It was Dan’s voice that bounced off the walls of an enclosed space along with his head. He was curled up among boxes, and books that were suppose either natural or defile and disgustingly inappropriate. He saw a crack and fixed himself from all the ache spots that pained him to view the little bar of light that made rays inside the closet. There was a room beyond and the room was rather nasty. Clothes here, books there, and overly populated by trinkets and doodads that wasn’t standard in his world.

A noise caught his attention, he stayed quiet.

“Those damn kids always have their room a mess.”

Through the crack he saw an old man, probably looked a lot like Dumble Dore from Harry Potter, robes decorated him, and a pointy hat that was fit for Halloween.

Dan’s body went numb and he was being pulled very quickly, and soon he was at the man floating face, level to him.

“What have we here, a human?”

“Yes I a-”, Dan could no longer speak.

“You have no right to speak in my world. Just what the hell are you doing here?”

Dan wanted to answer, but of course he could not. The man was an odd one asking questions that will have no answer, as long as Dan still had his mouth sealed by a spell, he thought.

The man mumbled, mindia and Dan’s head was filled with a sharp pain, pain so harsh he wanted to die.

“No, you are not human you are half human, a cop, a male who lives in New York, and is a very experienced person with martial arts and gunmanship.”

Dan was surprised; the man had run through his thoughts like a thief trying to find valuable information. Dan was mad he wanted him out, he wanted the pain to stop and his will strengthened, he wanted privacy, his mind was the only thing he had left to himself; all the spells controlled everything, But, not my mind he thought. A power was growing in his mind he felt it, it was rather small though, but his will made it bigger, and as the blue mist of swirls grew closer he felt he could cast the intruder out.

“Agh,” was the old man’s yell.

“You truly aren’t human; you are able to force back my mindia spell, interesting.”

He paused and released Dan from both spells. The ground met his butt with speed. “Who are you?” Dan asked.

“I am Arch Elder Maverick, Master Maverick to you. And now that I answered your question, I want you to answer mine.”

He grew closer making the following words echo in Dan’s head; “Where are my grand children?”

Dan hardly knew what was going on let alone how or what he meant by he was half human. Half was not good, for Dan always thought of himself as full human. Only those stupid kids and this old man can consider their selves half human, not me, he thought.

Dan recalled his memory, “At the forest of darkening I think it was. Now please-” He paused, should he say master, even with the awkwardness of the word, yes, this situation called for it; he needed to be on Arch Elder Maverick’s good side.

“Please Master Maverick, can you send me home?”
It took a moment period of silence for the old man to respond and when he did it was a short and quick, “no.”

“Why not, I want to return to my world!” Dan yelled, but it was shriveled to this: “You will not yell at me in my home! I have no favor to do you!”

Dan felt the strength of his words, and the lump they created in his throat made his words lag. “May please n-no why M-Master?” Dan still had trouble with the master adjustment.

“Only humans are allowed in your world. You are not human however, so I can not help you.” Maverick said. He was quick to cool his anger, Dan noticed, that was of course, if, one was respectful to him.

“Why am I not human M-Master?” Dan posed again.

“Okay you are going to need to stop with the master now, it is annoying when you say it, and it just makes me feel old, so use Arch Elder instead.”

Would that not make you older you old man! “Yes Arch Elder.”

“I don’t know why, but I know where you can wait while I figure it out.”

The room went, and in its place came a new one. The walls were decayed, and Dan was in a small cell. The bars were glowing, probably from magic he assumed.

Why am I shooed away with just a thought?
♠ ♠ ♠
SLow, slow, slow - -