Now And Forever

Now and Forever

Take a breath
I pull myself together
Just another step until I reach the door
You'll never know the way it
tears me up inside to see you
I wish that I could tell you something
and take it all away


I took a breath, pulling myself together. I had one more step till I reached her door.

The door of my best friend's house. Stella.

If I don't tell her soon, it'll tear me up inside. I want her to know that I would save her no matter what happens. That I...

Loved her.

I've had so many chances to do so. To confess everything I want her to know. But I blew it every time.

Sure you've probably heard it all before. Best girl and guy friends end up falling in love. But it's true. It can happen. Even in real life.

We've been friends since the first day of kindergarten. Maybe even before that. Our parents have know each other for a long time.

I rang the door bell, my heart rate increasing rapidly.

"Calm down man!" I thought to myself. I mean, we do this all the time. We always hang out on weekends when we have time.

The door swung open swiftly. There she was. Her soft golden blond hair in perfect curls. Her bright, light blue eyes always shining.

"Hey Jared!" She said happily smiling, embracing me in a hug.

"Hi, Stella," I said returning the smile. She took me by the hand and led me upstairs, sneaking into her older brother's room. He's usually out with his girlfriend when I come over.

She walked over to her dear brother's Xbox 360. She put in the disk, Guitar Hero World Tour to be specific, turning on both the TV and Xbox.

As she did that I began to think if it was a bad idea. Our friendship is at stake. She could either accept my feelings, or forget me all together.

"What instrument would you like to use?" She asked sweetly.

"You know I absolutely love the guitar," I answered smiling. I play real guitar and I'm pretty good I might add.

"Of course," she said playfully rolling her eyes. She handed me the non-sticker-ed object and went to set up the drums.

"I wouldn't talk, Stella. You're obsessed with the drums," I playfully teased. Well I don't blame her actually. It's her favorite instrument and she can play it pretty good.

"Whatever. You know I like singing too. Hey, how about we mix it up today? I play guitar, you play drums. Best one wins?" She offered, confident that she would end up victorious.

"You're on!" I said handing her the plastic item.

-***-

"Ugh, I can't believe you beat me! I used to win a lot when we were little," she said in a childish tone. I couldn't help but laugh.

"There's no winning or losing when you're taking care of ponies," I retorted, remembering what we used to play on the Xbox thing.

She blushed. "By the way, why did you even play that with me?" She asked slyly.

"Because I liked to see you happy," I simply said, beaming.

"Aww you're so sweet!" She responded ever so kindly. Her voice smooth like velvet.

"Hey, uhm, can I tell you something?" I said, my tone serious but slightly shaky. My heart almost beating right out of my chest.

"Sure, what is it?" She responded.

"Well I... I like you..." She looked me right into my light brown eyes, surprised at what I just said.

"More...more than you know. I've loved you for a few years now. I've been dying to tell you, but I blew it every time. And... I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way," I confessed. Every word I spoke made me more relived that she finally knew. But it broke my heart to speak the last sentence.

"Jared...I..felt the same exact thing," She finally spoke, tears rimming her blue eyes. "I always thought you were too good for me. I would have never guessed you loved me the way I loved you," she spoke softly, her tears gently falling.

Our lips were inches away from each other. Inching closer every second...

..Till they met in a soft gentle kiss.

"Be mine?" I whispered into her ear.

"Now and forever," she whispered back.