Restless Heart Syndrome

New Friendships

[Jimmy’s P.O.V.]
"Thanks Jimmy." Leanne said to me hugging me. I had never been really hugged by anyone before. I didn't know what to do for a couple seconds, so I just hugged back. I heard someone else in the hallway so I pulled away, and saw her friend Gloria.
"Wow Leanne you left me for this drug addict, dirt bag?" She said giving me a stare down. I felt my self-esteem sink.

"SHUT UP GLORIA! He’s not a dirt bag! Besides its nice to hang out with someone who can keep their legs closed!" Leanne snapped back. Gloria stood there shocked.

"No what Leanne, you're just jealous I am actually pretty enough to have a boyfriend!"

"There’s a difference between pretty and easy!"

"Fuck you!"

"If I was a guy I bet you would!"

"I swear Leanne I'm going to make your life a living hell!" She said walking away.

"Thanks for defending me." I said when Gloria walked away.

"No problem. She really is a slut though. Every guy she hangs out with she either blows, or fucks."

"Was she telling the truth when she said you never had a boyfriend?" I said making her blush.

"Yeah."

"Why not?"

"My mom is strict and I couldn't date until 10th grade, which is when I became sick. Have you ever had a girlfriend?" She turned to me.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Well usually girls are scared of me."

"Why?"

"The way I look, and act. Even your friend called me a dirt bag."

"Oh don't listen to her! She’s a jealous whore!"

"I know, but like in ways its true."

"I don't think you are."

"Well I -" In the middle of me talking the bell rang.

"I'll talk to you later." I said walking away.

"Hey stupid!" She said down the hall. I stopped and turned to her.

"Were in the same class." She said grinning. My, awkward situation, escape plan failed.

"Sorry I forgot." I said laughing.

We spent the whole period texting each other. We were making fun of all of Leanne's old friends, other random kids, and the teacher. It was the first time I was having fun in school.

'Hey do you want to come to my house tonight? I already texted my mom she said it was fine.' She texted me. I was so shocked. I had never been asked to hang out with someone before.
'Yeah I would love to.' I replied looking up at her as she got the text.

She smiled, and so did I. She was one of the first people to ever be nice to me, and she didn't want anything in return. Usually people who are nice to me want drugs, or work done, or something. She was just being nice. How do I not scare her? I sometimes scare myself. How did I not scare a girl like her?