Restless Heart Syndrome

So Close!

[Jimmy's P.O.V.]

I got off the bus at Leanne’s stop. I walked up to her door, and knocked. Leanne came to the door, with her hair in a messy bun, a big white t-shirt that was tied in the back, and pajama pants with stars on them.
"JIMMY! I'M NOT DRESSED!"

"You look dressed to me!"

"LET ME CHANGE!" She said trying to run away. I grabbed her hand and stopped her.

"You look fine! You're sick you don’t need fancy clothes for me!"

"Thanks." She said laughing a little.

"Come in we'll sit in the living room. My parents are out with Josh, and I have to take care of 'trick or treaters.' Joy!" She said sitting down at one end of the couch.

"That’s cool." I said sitting a couple feet away from her.

"How was school?" She asked curiously. I sat in silence, thinking if I should tell her.

"Fine, boring as usual."

"I'm sure. I wasn't really sick. I only threw up once, I just didn't want to go to school on
Halloween!" She said laughing.

"Well you didn't miss much." I said lying through my teeth. At that moment the door bell rang.

"Damn kids!" She said going to get up.

"I got this." I said smirking.

"What are you going to do?" She said kind of scared.

"Watch." I said getting up to the door, and seeing a little girl dressed like a pumpkin. I put on a mask that was near by the door. I walked up to the door.

"TRICK OR TREAT!' She said excited.

"You're a pumpkin? You know there is a crazy guy in this house who smashes pumpkins like you! And he’s RIGHT HERE!" I said in a scary voice.

She screamed and went running back to her parents. Her dad flipped me off and I returned the favor. I turned around to Leanne on the floor laughing hysterically.
"You're so mean."

"I try." I said sitting back in my spot. I noticed when Leanne got off the floor she was sitting closer to me. We sat around watching bad scary movies, and such.

Before we knew it, it was dark. Leanne’s parents were at a Halloween party, and we were alone. We hadn't had a trick or treater all day. It was nice just spending time with her outside school, alone.
"I'm hungry. Do you want anything?" She said getting up.

"I'm fine."I said. She came back into the room, and pretty girl came on television.

"She’s so pretty! I wish I looked like her!" She said sitting back down, but very close. Closer
then we've been before. We were shoulder to shoulder, knee to knee, and hip to hip. She then put her head on my shoulder.

"Well you're pretty."

"Not like her."

"Yeah not like her, but prettier." I said putting my arm around her.

"Really?" She said looking at me. I looked at her, and realized how close she was to me.

"Really..." I said moving my face closer to her's. Our lips were just about to meet, when all of a sudden we heard her a door slam. Her parents were home! Leanne sat back down on the couch, as did I on the other end.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" I whispered to myself! We were so close!

Her parents walked in the door, and smiled at us. As nice as they were, I HATED THEM! I was so close! Another attempt, yet again FAILED!.