Status: Hiatus.

The Dark of the Night More Inviting Than the Sunlight

Chapter One; Off Guard.

It was the first day of school and the two friends were sitting at the back of the class room, not really paying attention as their new teacher entered the room. They were simply too busy scribbling figures on their desks and looked up in surprise as the man spoke. Both of their eyes widened slightly at the sight.

"I'm Mr. Howard," he introduced himself to the class. "I'm your new home class teacher and I'm going to teach English and Physical Education."

He appeared to be in his early twenties and definitely didn't look like your ordinary teacher. He was wearing a black dress shirt with a white t-shirt in under it, black jeans and a pair of black white Nike sneakers. When he brushed his black hair away from his face, revealing the soulful brown eyes, you could sight the tattoos covering his arm as the sleeve slid up a little.

The blue eyed, blond girl wearing a checked black and purple blouse immediately started writing on her friend's desk.

Mr. Howard's eyes scanned the class room, his gaze landed on the two girls in the back, writing messages to each other on each other's desks. Contemplated by the rest of the class he slowly approached them, with a smug smile on his face. He cleared his throat soundly as he reached them.

The girls were taken off guard, but were quick to cover up their scribbling, blushing slightly as they looked up innocently at the good-looking teacher.

"I suggest that you remove that at once," he smirked, leaning forward to take a closer look at them. "What are your names?"

"Sky Stevens," the dark haired girl with bright blue eyes spoke with an innocent little smile. She was wearing a neon pink tank top and had a matching hair clip in her hair.

"Dawn Jones," the blond girl introduced herself, starting to remove the scrawling from her desk, avoiding the teacher's gaze. Mr. Howard was just about to say something when the door to the class room swung open. A boy with blond tousled hair and bags under his dark brown eyes entered the class room. He was wearing dark blue jeans and had his black t-shirt turned inside out.

"You're late," Mr. Howard spoke. The boy yawned, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Nice to meet you too, teach," he said with a charming smile causing the class to laugh.

"Grab yourself a seat," Mr. Howard said and the boy sat down in the back, near Dawn and Sky. "What's your name?"

"Quinn," the boy replied, leaning back in his chair. The teacher glanced down at his list of names.

"Quinn Allman?"

"Yeah, that would be me, teach," Quinn answered, lazily placing his feet on the desk.

"First, remove your shoes from the desk Allman. And second, don't call me teach, my name's Mr. Howard," the teacher spoke in a definite tone.

"Okay okay, chill teach," Quinn said rolling his eyes and went to rest his tired head on the desk instead. Mr. Howard sighed, walked up to the white board and started updating the class about the rules, in case someone had forgotten. He mentioned that he wouldn't accept any scribbling on his desks and late arrival in the continuation. He roll called the names of the students to make sure everyone was present.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed.
Comments are very much appreciated.
Mr. Howard.

- Hi5ulation.