Status: Hiatus.

The Dark of the Night More Inviting Than the Sunlight

Chapter Twenty Five; Love Me?

Sky's Point Of View.

"Have you seen Bert?" My friend asked me, looking everywhere else but into my eyes. She was hiding something, and it was that kind of something that was bad. For me it was, anyways. I made a face and almost snapped at her, I grabbed Quinn's lollipop and started to suck angrily on it.

"Bert... is one lucky guy" Quinn said jokingly and I glared at him. "Okay, no time for jokes, I get it!" He held up his hands in surrender. "Fuck..." I murmured and started to feel more sad than angry. But then the anger took over me again, why was I feeling like this? Why did I let myself get this in love with a guy?

If you think about it, this is all my fault, I should have not fallen in love with him and saved myself heartbreak; Because that's how I knew it would end. Heartbreak. And how did I know that?

I am not enough.

I agree with you

You are indeed, very ugly and fat, why should he stay with you when there are cuter girls... like Dawn?

I don't even want to answer that... now shut up you're making me sad.

It's what I'm here for. I sighed and waved goodbye to Quinn. I slowly walked up the stairs when I heard muffled voices from somewhere close.

I heard that it was Dawn and Bert, I frowned and carefully laid my head against the door to hear better.

"I love you more than anything in this world, more than life itself, and I don't want anything to come in between us." I heard Bert say, and I knew he said it to Dawn. I could literally hear my heart breaking in to millions of pieces. Tears fell down my cheeks, covering them in mascara and eyeliner. I choked a sob and ran straight home.

I threw myself onto my bed and let the sobs I had been holding in for so long come out of me, shaking my body and making it hard to breathe. I stripped out of my tight jeans and tanktop and put on my shorts and a very big t-shirt.

Guess who's t-shirt?

I continued to cry and cry and cry, it seemed like there was no stop. Eventually the strong sobs that had been shaking my body went away, but there was still small tears falling from my greyish eyes. When the sun had went down there was a loud knock on my door.

I wiped my eyes for the 1000th time since I came home that day and opened the door slowly.
Bert? What was he doing here?

"Sky! What's wrong baby?" He asked with a frown as he wrapped his arms around me. A sob ripped through my throat as he called me 'baby'. It was certainly not his place to call me that anymore. And the fact that he acted like nothing happened made me break down again.

"Sky! Sky... baby, what's wrong? Is something hurting? Please stop crying baby girl" He pleaded with a pained facialexpression. I nodded, something was hurting.

"What hurts?" He whispered as he kissed my cheek. I let my hand rest over my chest, he frowned yet again. "My heart" I choked out, my voice unbelievably raspy from all the crying. "What happened? Please, don't cry, you know I hate it when you're sad Sky"

How could he still pretend? How could he act like this to me now?
I just shook my head as he tried to comfort me. Believe me, he tried for about thirty minutes before his pocket started to vibrate.

"It's Dawn..." He mumbled, I don't think I was supposed to hear that. He stood up quickly, "Bye, Sky." He said shortly before leaving. My breath hitched in my throat. What?

He left? Oh gee, thanks!

I couldn't breathe anymore as he had ripped my heart in billions of pieces.
I changed my clothes again and put on my green Converse's. I was going for a walk.

The chilly air hit my face as I walked down many diffrent streets. I came to a bridge, over a huge river. I swallowed as I stared at the water for a good 20 minutes before taking a deep breath. I climbed up on the rail, sitting there, dangling my legs over the edge.

What if I jumped? I wonder what would kill me... would it be the fall or would I drown? If I was going to jump, I hoped that it was the fall that killed me. I've never been a huge fan of drowning as the way to die.

Who was a big fan? I questioned myself.

I found myself just staring at the black water down there.

I took a deep breath and stood up, holding onto something behind me, I couldn't figure out what it was at that moment. All I could think about how powerful water really was... and so, so beautiful at the same time. Water was, in my opinion, endless.

I looked up at the stars and closed my eyes. I was only seconds away. Seconds away from peace and calm, no worrying or stress about anything. It felt like such a relief, like there was a huge weight that was lifted off of my shoulders.

I thought of everyone I would be hurting. My mom wouldn't be so pleased... and Quinn and Dan, I don't know about Bert and Dawn, I'm sure they'd be a little bit sad considering Dawn and I had been best friends forever.

I looked down at the water, I had to make a choice. Live or die? The answer to that was a hard one. Was it really my time to go?

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I sighed and stared into the water again.

Should I?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I took forever!
I suck, I know!
D: