Status: Hiatus.

The Dark of the Night More Inviting Than the Sunlight

Chapter Twenty Seven; Tears Fall.

Sky's Point Of View.

"Don't... please don't let go of me", I whispered to Jeph, now very afraid as I slowly climbed over to the other side of the rail, I started to shake and I soon collapsed onto the ground.

"Shh, everything will be okay", he soothed me with his calming voice. Thank you, Jepharee Howard.
"I-i... I just... I... I need to tell someone!" I wailed helplessly, hoping that he'd say that he would listen to what I had to say. "You can tell me, I will listen to anything you have to say, Sky", He replied hugging me tightly.

"W-well... it's a long story..." I started off, even though I wanted to tell him. I just didn't know where to start.

"I've got all night, sweetie. And, you can start off to why you were even here tonight on the wrong side of that rail, okay?" He asked and I nodded whilst tears fell from my eyes.

"Well..." I paused and took a deep, shaky breath "I guess... well... it was two years ago. I was home alone, someone opened the door to our house. I guessed it was either my m-mom or my dad.." I paused again to regain my breath, that was now turned into small gasps because my crying had gotten so hard.

"B-but it wasn't! It was someone I-i didn't know... and he.. he, he found me and he f-fucking smirked at me! A-and then he said 'Well aren't you a darling? We could have some fun together.., " I choked on what I was saying and sobbed into Jepha's shoulder.

"You don't have to continue if you don't want to, Sky", he told me whilst hugging me tightly. "I-i need too, I haven't t-told anyone" I explained through cries and gasps.

"Okay, then, continue please"

"H-he walked towards me... and I was s-so s-scared, Jepha! So scared..." More tears rolled down my cold, pale cheeks. "I started to scream, but he put a hand over my mouth... and he hit me, over and over a-again... before he... he..." I pulled lightly on my hair. "I feel so disgusting!" I cried out before sobbing loudly.

"You're not, Sky, you're a very beautiful, talented girl that's going to make something big out of yourself, I can tell", Jeph told me whilst rocking me back and forth.

"H-he raped me that night, and I never told anyone. I got severely depressed and went, alone, to see a shrink... and she got me some pills... s-something against depression. And... and I wanted to d-die so badly. But I got through that, I s-still take the pills every day.
Often w-when I leave class to go to the bathroom, I take them."

He looked at me with his dark eyes, a look of sympathy and something else, care? Was written across his face.

"A sweet, nice girl like you shouldn't have to go through that alone, why didn't you tell anyone? Like Dawn?" He asked with a confused look upon his face.

At the mention of Dawn's name, I scrunched my face up and replied "I didn't want to tell anybody, I felt so ashamed, dirty and well... I was afraid that she'd hate me or something.
And well, now she's the other reason I wanted to die" I whispered pathetically.

"I caught Bert cheating on me with her, and... before I came here, he came to visit, he talked to me like nothing had happened! Like he didn't even plan on telling me anything! And then h-he just left when he got a text! He only said 'It's Dawn..' and l-left me there crying!" I continued before I broke down in tears again.

"But... that's impossible!" Jepha said with furrowed eyebrows. I nodded as to say 'Yes, it is'.
He shook his head. "I saw her kiss Branden... not long ago!" He said, hurt laced into his voice.
"You like her, don't you?"

He only nodded and looked down at the ground. I almost smiled.
"Well, apparently she... sleeps around alot?" I said, doubting my own words, Dawn wasn't one to do that, I knew her that well... right?

He shook his head "That doesn't sound like Dawn",

"I know, I don't really believe that either", I replied with a shaky sigh.

"Let's just get you to my apartment, you can borrow dry clothes from me" He smiled warmly at me, I hadn't even noticed that it was raining this badly. I stood up and groaned at how stiff my legs were. Jepha smiled at me again and we began to walk to his apartment in silence.

We got there quickly and he helped me into his apartment, my lips were now blue and my teeths were shattering together. "Stay here and I'll get you clean clothes... do you want to take a hot shower?" I shook my head.

"Tea?" He asked whilst smiling and raising one eyebrow.

I smiled "Yes please" I said, my voice hoarse from crying.

I got my shoes off of my cold feet as I heard hushed voices coming from the livingroom. Maybe Jepha had guests?

"There you go, you can change in the bathroom... right there" Jeph said as he entered the room again and pointed to a black door.

I nodded and opened the door, what I saw in there scared me senseless. "AH! Oh my God! Fuck me senseless!" I shrieked loudly. Branden and Bert, that was leaning over a badly bruised, unconsious Dawn looked at me. Bert furrowed his eyebrows when he saw how I looked. "What---" He began before I rushed out and closed the door behind me, taking deep breaths.

I ran up to a room that no one was in and changed clothes. I heard Jepha talk to Bert and Branden. Soon enough I heard Bert booming loudly "She did what?"

Jeph must've told him what I had been doing earlier and I winced. I tiptoed closer to where they were, to eavesdrop.

"She was going to jump off a bridge, Bert!" Jeph said yet again, glaring at Bert.

"But... why?" Bert said, sounding both sad, worried and hurt. Jeph told him that I'd heard him in the closet with Dawn, and that he had told her that he loved her and didn't want anything to come in between them.

When did I accidently bawl that out? I can't remember. He also told him about the little thing that happened two years ago and I winced.

Shit, I think they heard me. I held my breath and waited. "I know you're there, Sky." Jepha said knowingly"

"Shit" I whispered, my voice still sounding raspy and sore. I sighed and took a hesitant step closer to Branden, Jepha and Bert. I bit my lip nervously as I looked at Bert, who was actually crying.

Bert grabbed my hand gently and dragged me into an empty bedroom.
"Why?" He asked me through tears. "You heard him" I replied, still chewing on my lip.

"Look at me, please?" He asked me and I looked up at him. He shook his head "I'm not cheating on you, Sky... Dawn... she... well, I saw her get beaten up by her dad a couple of days ago."

What? I looked at him and blinked away fresh tears.

"And, she found out that I knew, and well... then..." he continued telling the story about how she found out about "Mr. Mellow" And many more things that made my head spin.
I suddenly felt very, very, selfish.

My bottom lip trembled as I was about to cry again. "Please... Sky", Bert pleaded to me as one tear fell and I looked down into the carpet. "I'm sorry that I acted the way I did. And I don't think I can thank Jepha enough for saving you tonight."

I looked up at him, he looked honest. "Do you mean that?" I asked him. He only nodded before hugging me tightly and kissing my head gently. I burst out in tears again.

"Shh, don't cry more baby girl... and... I'm begging you to please, take me back?"

"Were we ever apart?" I asked him with an almost smile. He shook his head. "Not according to me"

I kissed him hesitantly and he smiled as he molested my lips carefully.

Everything would eventually be okay... right?
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if this was any good... I hope so :)

Love to every reader, commenter and subscriber of this story<3

In Love And Death,

Used Romance.