Status: Hiatus.

The Dark of the Night More Inviting Than the Sunlight

Chapter Twentynine; The Genius.

Sky's POV

I sat on the counter and listened to Dawn telling us all what her father had done to her, I was shocked that he could do such a thing to his own daugther.
I scratched my nose thoughtfully (yes, you can scratch your nose thoughtfully)

"What?" Jepha boomed angrily, getting all worked up over what had happened to Dawn. I listened to his profanities and watched as Bert and Branden kept him from getting his coat and beat the shit out of Dawns' dad.

I jumped off the counter and quietly made my way over to Dawn, who had her face hidden in her hands whilst the guys were having a loud argument about Jeph beating the living shit out of Wayne (Dawns' dad).

I put my hand gently on Dawns' shoulder and when she looked up at me I smiled weakly at her. "Ugh, hearing them arguing is giving me a headache" She groaned whilst smiling weakly back at me.

"Hey!" I yelled at the guys to get their attention "Quit arguing, you're giving Dawn a headache," I continued before hopping up on the counter again.

Jepha glared at me before sitting down looking angry. Branden raised his eyebrows at my sudden speach and then smiled.

"So, are we calling the police or what?" Jeph asked Dawn grumpily, Dawns' head shot up and she stared at him her eyes wide "Are you insane?" She asked him "I'm not going to call the cops on my dad!"

"Why not? Give me atleast three good reasons why we shouldn't!" Jepha argued with her.

"Well, reason number one is that my brother Liam is in college and I don't want his reputation to get bad because his dad beats his younger sister, he didn't know about it so that automatically makes him the asshole... in others' point of view of course." She rambled quickly, taking a deep breath before continuing

"The second reason is that I don't think he did it on purpose, I mean, I think he's ill and depressed after my mother dying and he's often drunk when he beats me. I mean, he can be nice you know.

Third reason is that involving the cops would only make this even more complicated, I turn eighteen soon and I plan on moving out. I don't want to make this more complicated than it already is, Jepharee" She finished.

"Alright, those are good reasons... but I'm not letting you go back and live with your father, Dawn. And I wanna have a talk with him." Jeph replied.

I frowned as I listened to their conversation. I had been thinking alot about this and had come up with an idea.

"No, you can't talk to my dad, Jeph" Dawn said with a sigh. "Okay, I have an idea" I spoke, my voice coming out a tad raspy for not speaking much. Branden looked at me over his cup of coffee and so did Jeph, Bert was fast asleep on the floor, snoring like a pig.

"Go on.." Branden said and did a matching hand-motion.

"Well..." I started to tell them all about my idea. How Branden and Jeph could dress out to be cops and go to Dawns' house and confront her father about what he had done.

" You're a genius Sky!" Branden exclaimed when I was done talking. "I agree with Branden!" Dawn said.

"Yeah, and when they're done with that, you can just come live with me?" I asked Dawn, she nodded and sighed contently.

"I think I'm going to wake sleeping beauty here..." I continued and shook Bert gently. He groaned softly and rubbed his eyes before looking at me. "Hey Sky" He said to me before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey there, Bert" I replied before helping him up. "You didn't get much sleep last night?" I asked him, he shook his head no. "Go to bed and get some now?" I asked him. "Yeah, but only if you join me for a while." He replied with a grin.

"I'm not that sleepy, you go to bed and I'll come up later, OK?"

He nodded and gave me a kiss before climbing the stairs and going to bed.

"So... you guys wanna do anything?" I asked carefully, not knowing which mood everyone was in. "I think I'mma hit the sack," Branden said whilst giving me a look saying "You'd better hit the sack too and leave these two alone to talk."

"Yeah, I'm gonna do that too..." I trailed off and ran up the stairs. I walked over to Berts' room and jumped on the bed. "Hey handsome" I spoke to him before kissing his forehead.
"Hiya gorgeous" He replied drowsily. I smiled and made my way under the covers, laying my head down on Berts' chest and closing my eyes.

"Goodnight Sky..." Bert mumbled as he put his arm around me.

"Night..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, here's another short-ish chapter :) I hope you liked it!

Btw; Check out the new pictures in the characters-thingy! ^^

x

Used Romance.