Status: Hiatus.

The Dark of the Night More Inviting Than the Sunlight

Chapter Four; Detention Sucks.

Sky’s Point Of View

Fuck, fuck, fuck! “But, Mr. Howard! Dawn shouldn’t get detention for something I did! That’s just being a plain asshole!” I said without thinking. I slapped my hand over my mouth as Mr. Howard shot me a death glare “I suggest that you shut up, Ms. Stevens, or else you’ll get more detention.”

I kept my mouth shut and wrote on a little piece of paper “I’m so sorry, Dawn.”
She smiled at me as to tell me that it was OK. The day went by rather quickly, and we had nice teachers until… Dun, dun, dun… PE. “Dawn, I will do anything to skip this lesson. Please join me?” I said with a face that probably looked priceless. She laughed at me and said “Duh, when have I not wanted to skip PE with you, Skylar?” Ugh, she used my real name!

“Daawn!” I whined “Don’t use my real name!” She giggled and dragged me out of the school; we went down to Espresso House and got ourselves Frapino’s that we drank whilst talking about nothing and everything. It felt really nice to have a “girl-moment” with my best friend. After PE we were supposed to have detention, but did we think about that? No, because we’re retards, At least this time.

As we made our way back to school I exclaimed “Oh fuck!” loudly. “What?” Dawn said with a laugh. “We have detention now with Mr. Howard… and we just skipped PE.”
I heard a laugh behind us; I turned around and saw Bert standing there.

“Well, that’s bright Sky.” He said with a grin that made me want to faint right there and then. I straightened up and said jokingly “Well, you know, I’m a straight-A student, Bert” whilst smiling. “We have to go now, bye Bert!” Dawn said as we ran to detention.

I opened the door and saw a very frustrated Mr. Howard. “Would you mind explaining why you two weren’t at Physical Education?” He said and looked at us.

“Uhm… well… you see, it’s funny really. I have a disease that makes me really weak sometimes it’s called… uh… I can’t remember what it’s called, but we just sat down for a while and oh my God we fell asleep! Can you believe it!?”
I said with a nervous laugh.

But, when I had said this Dawn had said at the same time “Well, we forgot our schedule in our lockers and Sky had my keys. So, she being the clumsy person she is dropped her keychain! So we went and looked for it, but we couldn’t find it anywhere. So we didn’t know which class we were supposed to be in! So we just walked around aimlessly and then Sky fell over and hit her head, making it impossible for her to remember which class we were supposed to be in, and I suffer from light amnesia!”

She went silent as Mr. Howard glared angrily at us. I looked at Dawn, stunned at what she had just said. Mr. Howard sighed and said “Well, as it is your first time I’ll be nice. Just do whatever, homework if you’d like. And be quiet” he said and sat down. I sat down and quietly did all of my homework. It felt like I had to apologize to Mr. Howard, which is weird seeing that I have never apologized to a teacher before.

At the end of the detention I walked over to Mr. Howard and cleared my throat. He looked up at me with raised eyebrows. “Uhm… well I just wanted to tell you that… I’m sorry that I skipped PE. It’s just really my worst subject..” I mumbled and looked down at my neon green Converse. He chuckled and said “It’s okay, just don’t do it again. Usually the students that skip PE has to come with me and jog. But I decided to be nice today.” I looked at him and thought ”Holy shit, he can laugh!”

Dawn dragged me out of there and we met up with the guys outside. “How was detention, Skylar?” Quinn asked me. “What’s up with everyone calling me by my full name today, Quinnifer?” I replied angrily and both he and Bert laughed “Skylar is your real name? Haha, beautiful!” I glared at him since I thought that he was sarcastic; which he was, believe me.

“Pretty please don’t call me that, Robert?” I said to this, Dan had told me his name earlier. He cringed and mumbled something that sounded like “Fine, fine…”
“Wanna hang out at my place?” Quinn asked and we all agreed. After a few minutes’ walk I groaned and said hopefully

“My legs are killing me!”
“No, Sky we’re not going to fall for that one again”

“Please! I just want a piggyback ride! Pwease?” I said giving them all my best puppy-look. Bert laughed and said “Oh well, hop on then you lazy fuck!”
I squealed happily and jumped up on his back “Yay!” I said with a grin as I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder.

We continued to talk and have a good time on our way over to Quinn’s place. I sighed contently and closed my eyes for a second and inhaled Bert’s scent. I chuckled inwardly at my weird thoughts and smiled to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it :]

xo

Used Romance.