Status: Hiatus.

The Dark of the Night More Inviting Than the Sunlight

Chapter Eight; Get Tanned.

Sky’s Point Of View

I groaned as I saw Mr. Howard and Dawn standing there, all ready to run. I had wished that Mr. Howard would break his leg for real. Mr. Howard smirked at me and said “Okay, let’s go!”
We started to jog some way and after a couple of minutes I could feel myself starting to breathe a bit faster “Oh, come on Stevens! You can’t possibly be in that bad shape!”
I laughed and responded “The sad thing is; I really am in that bad shape…” I almost laid down on the ground, ready to fall asleep. I glanced at Dawn and saw that she did not want to be here either.

When we were done I actually sat down on the ground and said “I demand to know your name Mr. Howard!” He laughed and said “Why?”
“So that I can come into your house and steal your dog!” I said whilst glaring at him.

“No! Not my dog!” He said, terrified. He had a dog? Dude, that’s some serious skills. Dawn smiled at me and stretched her hand out to me, she helped me up and we began to walk to school, we decided that we’d change clothes at some bathroom or something. After that we met up with the guys.

“So, how did jogging go?” Quinn asked with a childish grin and that damn lollipop in his mouth again. “I didn’t realize just how out of shape I was!” I exclaimed and Dawn laughed with me. “Really? It doesn’t look like it…” Bert said and looked at me; I looked in another direction and blushed madly. Dawn nudged my shoulder and laughed quietly “Shut up…” I mumbled and blushed even more.

****

I was in math class as I felt my eyelids getting heavy; my body was not made for getting up that early. I thought “I’ll just close my eyes for a second…” and the next thing I know I wake up by feeling something on my face. I opened my eyes and saw Quinn standing there with a marker in his hands. “Quinn! What did you do!?” I shrieked as I brought out my little mirror. He had drawn on my face, that bastard! Okay, maybe it wasn’t that bad but still! On my right cheek there was a heart, on the left cheek it said “Quinn”

And the worst: He had drawn a moustache on me. “QUINN SCOTT ALLMAN! YOU BETTER RUN!” I yelled, he laughed and ran out of class, I heard Dawn laugh quietly too before I ran after Quinn. “QUINN YOUDAMN SON OF A BITCH!” I yelled whilst laughing.

Quinn laughed as he ran straight towards Mr. Howard. Howard stretched out one arm and grabbed Quinn’s shirt. I punched my fist in the air. “YES!” I screamed. Mr. Howard raised his eyebrows and looked at me “Why do you have doodles on your face, Ms Stevens?” He asked me and I pointed to Quinn.

“Ms. Stevens I suggest you go to the bathroom and wash that away, Allman… I have to admit that it was funny but, it wasn’t nice. Now apologize to Sky and I’ll let you go.”
Quinn smirked at me and said “I’m sorry, Sky” and kissed my cheek. I laughed and walked towards the bathroom.

On my way there I met Dan and Bert who started to laugh like mad; I slapped both of them and continued to the bathroom. I managed to get the moustache away completely but you could still faintly see the heart and “Quinn” on my cheeks. I sighed and walked out of the bathroom.

I frowned as I saw Dawn walking by herself looking down in the floor. She seemed more down nowadays… I ran up to her and said “Hi!” cheerfully, she looked at me and smiled warmly. We walked to lunch and talked a bit. I watched in amusement as Dan and Bert played rock, paper, scissors. I saw Bert smirk as he won and he slapped Dan, I flinched a bit and raised my eyebrows. Interesting, I had this urge to play this with Quinn… insert evil laugh here.

I drank some coke and talked a bit with Dawn about PE and what the fuck we were going to do. I suggested that we would just go to PE, because I can’t stand being up that early. She thought that we should just skip, because frankly, PE sucks balls.

****

“I need to get tanned” Quinn suddenly said. I raised one eyebrow and replied with “And what are we going to do about that?”
Quinn smirked and grabbed my hand.

He ran to the side of the school building and began to climb the stairs to the roof “Quinn, you’re fucking mental you know that?” I said to him as I began to climb too “Then why the fuck are you following me?” He said with a laugh as he helped me up on the roof.

“Quit it with the fucking swearing, Quinn… Damn it…” He laughed at me and pulled his shirt off, I have to say, his six-pack was rather sweet. I giggled and pulled off my light blue tank top, fortunately my black bra looked like a bikini-top.

I closed my eyes and talked to Quinn as we laid there on the warm roof. I heard quiet footsteps and a girl voice shouting “NOW!” I opened my eyes just in time to see Dawn pouring ice-cold water on me. I shrieked girlishly and gasped.

Then I decided to sound even more girly and look up at the guys who were now laughing and whined “Now my eyeliner’s going to be all smudged!” I put my head in my arms and pretended to cry. “Aw, you big baby!” Dawn said. I stood up and gave her a hug. She squealed and laughed, then I went over to Bert and hugged him tightly too. “I’m all out of water now…” I said. But then grabbed my hair and let the few droplets of water in it land on Dan.

We all laughed and let ourselves dry in the sun after the water-incident. I was having the time of my life, I didn’t really think that life could get any better than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank our commenters! Yes there is now two! 8D
We love you very much! :)

xo

Used Romance.