You Should've Come With A Warning

One- Chance encounter

Ch. 1

After three years in college in New Jersey, I had enough. I guess you could say I ran to Pittsburgh to escape everything, but I didn’t care anymore. Actually. That isn’t entirely true. I had tired of the people around me…but I didn’t exactly blatantly run out the door. I had an internship. It was offered to me and the chances of the company taking me aboard after I graduated were very strong, so I accepted with open arms.

I was looking forward to starting this new and exciting chapter in my life, but there were things about home I was going to miss. I would miss living close enough to the beach and the city to be there under and hour. I would miss my beautiful friends and my supportive family. One thing I wouldn’t miss was my ex boyfriend. He made my life hell for two years. He disguised himself to be the perfect male specimen but I gradually found out he was quite the opposite. By the end of our relationship I was waiting for him to hit me. He was violent and the line between inappropriate and flat out abuse was becoming very fine. When I finally mustered up the strength to end things with him, I knew that my life was going to be tampered with the memory of him, so when the offer came to intern in Pitt, I gladly accepted. I wasn’t that I was running from my ex, or that I was in love with him…it was the chance to start new.

My internship wasn’t typical. They paid me. Not too much, but enough for me to live comfortably, and the salary I’d be getting after the interning period ended and when I graduated was going to be significantly better. After being there a month I discovered that the company had season tickets for the Penguins. When they offered them to me, I almost peed with excitement. The seats were so close and the best part was they were free! I didn’t really have anyone to go with so I decided to take a big step and go by myself. When I first got to my seat my mouth dropped. I was sitting right on top of center ice. I was practically on the ice.

I watched warm up’s and felt anxious, even though I wasn’t a Pens fan. I looked around the ice and studied the players, I didn’t really see what everyone saw in these guys…until I saw Jordan Staal. He definitely caught my eye…he was gorgeous. He was tall and blonde and my gosh…he was right up my alley. The funny thing was that I knew he saw me too.

I ended up becoming a regular. I sat in the same seat for almost every home game. Some of the players started to recognize me…not that they ever talked to me, but I know I caught the eye of Jordan. I know it sounds stupid, but I had a school girl crush on him…I didn’t want to, but I absolutely did. I would innocently think in my head about how blonde our kids would be since we both had blonde hair…it was ridiculous, and this guy was so unattainable it wasn’t funny, but he was cute.

“I think he notices you.” I head someone next to me. I realized they were talking to me and I looked to my side, startled.

“Excuse me?”

“Staal.”

“I’m sorry…what?”

The man to my right let out a little laugh. I’d seen him around before, but I never talked to anyone. I always focused on the game and watched intently. He was young, cute, and apparently thought a Penguin was into me. “I should introduce myself. My name’s Jared.” He peered up from his hat and stuck out his hand to me. I shook it, gave a slight smile and introduced myself in return. “Anna.”

“Nice to meet you Anna.”

“Likewise.”

“I’ve seen you around before, I know my brother has as well.”

“Yeah I’ve seen you around a few times. I’m sorry, who’s your brother?”

“Jordan…you know the guy you keep making eye contact with. You might recognize him he’s on the ice right now…” he gave me a sly smirk and trailed off.

“Okay, okay, I get ya. That’s your brother? Get out! That’s great!”

“Yeah we’re all hockey gods back home.”

“I bet.”

“You here with anyone?”

“No…I just kinda moved here actually. I just like hockey. My company has these seats and they let me use them, so I come because I don’t really know anyone and it’s something I enjoy doing.”

“You’re pretty brave.”

“I don’t think it’s bravery…quite the opposite really.”

We talked throughout the entire game. He was nice, and fun and the first person who I even remotely spoke to outside of my office.

“Hey, you wanna come to the locker room with me after the game? Meet the guys? They’re real nice.”

I laughed. It was too good to be true. “Are you serious?”

“Yeah, why not. I’m sure they’d love to meet you.”

“Oh my gosh! Yeah! Absolutely. I think I might take you up on that offer.”

“Sweet.”

“Why are you being so nice to me though?” I didn’t want him to think I was going to go to bed with him just because he had some pretty sick connections to the team.

“You’re cute, nice, and could use a little social interaction. Don’t worry, I’m not trying to impress you so that you wanna date me, I think I’ll leave that up to my brother,” he laughed, obviously amusing himself and I felt a little more settled.

“Well I don’t know what you mean by that,” I giggled. “But I’m not a puck bunny, so he isn’t getting into my pants tonight if that’s what he’s looking for.”

“Don’t worry. He’s not that big of a douche. Well, he can be, but I’m bringing you in as my friend not his potential whore for the night.”

“Alright then. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone…I probably won’t talk that much though. I don’t know what to say!”

“Just stick with me. They’re not that complicated.” He was so sweet. This was going to be an unforgettable night. I just happened to make a friend that was related to the most gorgeous Pens player and he was going to take my into the locker room to meet everyone. This kind of luck never happened to me.

After the final buzzer sounded Jared grabbed me by the hand and led me down to the locker room. We weren’t in any rush but when we got down there I felt my stomach churning with butterflies.

“Relax!” He was laughing at me. He was actually making fun of me for being nervous.

“I don’t know, maybe I should just wait for you out here.”

“Oh, no, you’re coming.” And with a smile on his face he pulled me into the room. He led us over to his brother and hugged him congratulations for winning the game. They were engaged in conversation for a few seconds when Jordan noticed me standing behind his brother. I wasn’t close enough to hear him whisper and to be honest I was letting my eyes wander around the room seeing all the players preoccupied with their individual activities.

I was caught off guard when I heard Jared say my name. “This is my brother, Jordan.”

“Nice to meet you, great game!” I squealed out, as I reached to shake his extended hand.

“I’ve seen you around. You always sit in the same spot. Season tickets?”

“No…no, well, kind of. They aren’t mine. My company has them and they generously let me use em.” I was flabbergasted and focusing on trying not to sound like an idiot.

“Not bad. If you ever get stuck not having tickets just let us know. We’ll hook you up,” he was surprisingly nice.

“Who’s this?” I head a voice from behind me. I didn’t know who it was though and my head followed the noise that was coming from behind me.

When I turned around I saw the captain of the team, Sidney Crosby coming over by us. “This is Anna.” Jordan introduced us. Sidney was checking me out, I knew that much. I saw his eyes travel up and down my body, and he seemed pleased with what he saw.

“A bunch of us are going to Sid’s to hang out…you wanna come?” Jared was inviting me to someone else’s house.

“Uh…sure, if they don’t mind. I don’t want to inconvenience anyone.”

“No, come. It’d be nice. We can get to know Jared’s new friend,” Sidney said flirtatiously. He obviously didn’t mind me going. I looked at Jordan from the side of my eye and saw that he was looking at me too.

“Yeah, it’s Friday night and you’re already here. Come.” Jordan gave his seal of approval.

“Sure.” I was so caught off guard from the rapid pace of this evening that I didn’t know how to answer any other way. I was going to Sidney Crosby’s house with the most popular players in Pittsburgh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying this out...let me know what you think of Jordan being the new love interest for this new story! :)