You Should've Come With A Warning

Three- what just happened?

Ch. 3

“What are you doing this weekend?” I barely got through the door and the guys were pouncing on me.

“Um…nothing. Why?”

“Good. You’re coming with us to New York.”

“Excuse me?”

“We have a game against the Rangers on Saturday,” Sidney stated.

“I’m aware…”

“We don’t have a game on Sunday so we’re going to stay. You’re going to stay with us?”

“Thanks for deciding this.”

“It wasn’t all his idea.” Jordan yelled from the other room. He came out of the kitchen with a bowl of potato chips and a little dish filled with French onion dip. “We kinda already made the arrangements, so even if you had plans you were coming with us,” Jordan said as he motioned for me to take some.

I couldn’t help but laugh. “You guys are ridiculous. You know that?”

“Yeah. You love us though,” Sid winked at me.

“What are you going to do for Christmas?” It was coming up and I figured they’d go see their families.

“I’m going back home,” Sid said without looking away from the video game that was distracting him.

“I’m staying here,” Jordan said as he put a chip in his mouth. At the sound of his revelation I whipped my head around and looked at him with wide eyes.

“Why? I would think you’d want to see your family too.”

“Nah. I see them enough. I love my brothers but I don’t feel like going home for what? A day or two? Besides, I’ll see Marc in New York this weekend. I just wanna stay here. Aren’t you staying?”

“Yeah I have finals wrapping up a few days before and I’ve never had a Christmas here…it’d be different, and you know I want the time to myself anyway,” I laughed.

“Losers,” Sid spat out with a hint of bitterness.

“Whatever Sid. What’s the game plan for the weekend now?”

“We have a matinee game on Saturday and off on Sunday so you’re coming in Saturday morning and staying with us until we come back Sunday. Oh, and you’re expected to come to the game since we went out of our way to arrange all this,” he gave me a sarcastic smile.

“Yeah, yeah. You guys are going to be the death of me.” That was probably the truth. They drove me crazy half the time we were together, but I loved them. They were my best friends. All of them. Sid and Jordan were extremely competitive with each other though, they constantly seemed to be insulting each other or pissing each other off, saying suddle things to dig the other. I wasn’t sure what exactly it was about or if it just was how they always were, but I knew our friendship wasn’t entirely platonic. There was attraction and tension and at some point it was going to be front and center.

When Saturday morning rolled around I realized just how quickly my week went. I got in my car and drove the long trip into the city and went to check into my room. They were kind enough to book me my own room, which I was semi surprised at. It would have been typical for one of them to book me with them.

I wore my Staal jersey to the game, and of course got heckled. It was always cute to see Jordan play against one of his brothers, he was just so serious but playful at the same time. I guess I knew him pretty well so I could tell by his facial expressions, even if they were imperceptible to the outside world, what he was thinking. He’d just look at me and I’d know that we were on the same page. Sidney on the other hand wore his emotions on his sleeve. I could see what the rest of the world saw. His reputation held up, he was a baby and I’d often find myself laughing at his antics.

After the game I didn’t bother going down to the locker room to see them. I just went back to the hotel with the intent of taking a brief nap before they got back and were ready to get dinner. I sprawled out on my nice bed and quickly dozed off. When I woke up it was to the feel of a soft tickle on my cheek. When my eyes fluttered open I saw Jordan hovering above me.

“Hey,” I said hazily.

“Hey gorgeous. Way to run out of there and not stop by after the game.“

I knew you’d be back soon. I’m tired though, I didn’t get much sleep and I drove all morning. The things I do for you guys.”

“It doesn’t go unnoticed.”

“I’m sure,” I said as I rolled my eyes. “If I didn’t come Sid would’ve thrown the biggest bitch fit. Ever.”

Jordan let out a breath of slight annoyance. “He’s quite the bitch sometimes.”

He took my hand in his and pulled me up so that I was sitting. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me. “Where are we getting dinner?”

“Don’t know yet. We’ll figure it out when the rest of the guys get back. Put on your dancing outfit though. We’re going straight form there.”

“I kind of thought that was the case. Let me get ready, I’ll come by your room when I am.”

“Okay.” He turned his head and lightly kissed my forehead. I loved it when he did that, it made me feel so secure. Sidney did it too, but it wasn’t the same. I can’t explain the difference, but it just felt so much more sincere coming from Jordan. As he walked out the door I rummaged my suitcase for the little black dress I bought to go out in. After I successfully got dressed and did my make up and called their room to tell them just to meet me in the lobby.

I got down there first, which surprised me, I would have thought these hungry animals would have been down there in a flash but I was clearly mistaken. I heard whistling coming from behind me and I immediately smiled because I knew exactly who it was. Sidney ran over to me and picked me up in a huge hug. I kissed him on the cheek.

“You look fantastic!” The dress worked on him.

I looked quickly over to Jordan who also seemed quite impressed.

“I’m glad you like it.”

“Dinner my lady?” Kris walked over and stuck his arm out so that I would intertwine mine with his. I obliged and we made our way outside of the hotel to get food. We ended up going to a nice place that specialized in steak. No complaints from anyone. After our stomachs were fully satisfied we headed over to the club to spend the rest of the night having fun. It took me about two drinks, but I finally started loosening up and was able to enjoy myself on the dance floor. Kris grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me onto it so I really didn’t have much of a choice anyway. It was entirely friendly, we laughed and moved together and I was having a fun time.

It didn’t take very long for me to feel two hands around my waist, spinning me around. I was spun directly into the arms of Sidney who immediately ran his hands down my sides.

“That was a tad rude.”

“Oh whatever. Kris already has a new partner.”

“And I’m sure you could’ve found a new one more easily.”

“I didn’t want to. I wanted you.”

I turned to grind into him as his hands ran down my arms. He found my hands in his and immediately grabbed them and lifted them up over my head, wrapping them around his neck. He slid his hands back down my arms and didn’t stop until they found my waist. He kissed my neck and held onto me tight and I would be lying if I said I didn’t like it. I moaned in delight and felt a smile spread across my face as I closed my eyes to enjoy the moment.

When I opened them I saw Jordan standing at the bar. He was piercing me with his eyes and I immediately I felt like I was doing something wrong. I’d never felt that way before, and I didn’t understand why I felt that way but it made me lose my breath. He went back and forth between glaring at Sid and glaring at me but he never took his eyes off of us, even when he quickly downed a shot. As soon as he slammed the empty glass down on the bar he approached a brunette who was more than eager to dance with him. As soon as I saw their bodies connect mine went a little numb. It couldn’t have been jealousy, but I didn’t know how else to describe it. I enjoyed what I was doing with Sidney, it wasn’t like we’d never danced before, but he never was so aggressive with me. Seeing Jordan with another girl wasn’t something I exactly liked but it never made me feel like this.

I saw him turn his head to look at me. He was trying to ensure I was looking at him. It momentarily infuriated me but I didn’t have much time to register it as Sidney whipped me around and pulled me close to him. So much stuff was happening so quickly that I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I needed to get air or I was going to suffocate. I pushed myself away from Sidney despite his attempts to make me stay and ran out the door of the club. I thought I’d stop once I got outside, but I didn’t. I ran back to the hotel, ignoring the repeated phone calls from every single one of my friends, and finally sat down once I reached my bed. I shut my phone off, put on my pajamas and curled up into my bed. I didn’t know what the hell just happened, but I knew I couldn’t face them at this moment. I needed to be alone but I knew I had only minutes until they would be pounding my door down.