Hatred Never Looked This Good

Chapter One

Someone banged their fist against the bathroom door, yelling at me to 'hurry the hell up so we can go party'.

"Gosh, I'm coming!" I put on one last coat of mascara, examined my reflection, twirled around then checked myself one last time before opening the door to my frowning best friend, "Aw, what's with the frowny face?" I cooed, going on my toes and pinching his cheek.

"Dude, you've been in there since six... How long does it take you to get ready?"

The numbers on my digital alarm clock read 7:30, so I replied with a cheeky grin, "An hour and thirty minutes."

He rolled his eyes, trying not to laugh, "Smart ass."

I kissed his lips softly, grinning, "You know you love me."

"Don't do that too much... Especially in public... People might think th-"

"Ian," I said with a laugh, "Everyone knows that we're just best friends. Anyways... You have Melanie and I have..." I paused, forcing down the bile that was coming up, "I have Alexi."

More like Alexi owns you...

Shut up.

But that voice was right. You see, when I was fifteen, and Ian was sixteen*we're born one years, three months and fourteen days apart*, we dated until his eighteenth birthday*he's twenty one now*.

Technically Ian was eighteen the at midnight the day of his birthday*November 30th*, but legally he wasn't eighteen until 10:28 PM. I didn't want to save my virginity until marriage, but I also wanted it to be special, with someone that I knew and loved with all my heart. I don't think I could have ever found anyone better than Ian, the one person who I've known since he first moved here*when I was in 4th grade and him 6th* and been best friends since.

That day*or night, it seems more appropriate* of his birthday we went to his room to cuddle, an eventually it went from cuddling to kissing to making out to our clothes getting thrown on the floor to finally both of us losing our virginity. After that our relationship changed a lot. Since he was legally an adult, we couldn't kiss much in public, and our parents didn't really approve when we kissed or were together alone in a bedroom. We had sex a few more times after that, but then we decided it was best that we end our relationship and just remain best friends, or friends with privileges, because we still exchanged kisses, but not as boyfriend/girlfriend. He's still the only guy I trust shopping at Victoria's Secret with.

About two months after the breakup, we went down to Gilman in Berkley with his best friend Anthony, his girlfriend*now ex* Jessie and a few other friends to have some nice clean fun. The band playing was really good, and the one person that caught my eye was the drummer. He had short blond hair, sparkling brown eyes and a really good body. I was sitting alone at the bar drinking Mountain Dew*or as Ian calls it, urine*, when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up, and saw that it was the guy from the band. He introduced himself as Alexi, asked for my name and if I like the set. We hit off really fast, and talked about our interests, friends, likes and dislikes, school* he was a freshman at Sacramento State*. Soon it was time for me to leave and we exchanged numbers, promising that we would hang out sometime.

Three weeks after we met, we were a couple, and two weeks after that, knowing full well that he could get arrested, we had sex. He was a really sweet guy and an amazing boyfriend, always picking me up after school an inviting my friends to go get ice cream or something like that. I noticed that Ian and my mom kind of became... Weird, for lack of a better word, when I spoke about Alexi.

About six months into our relationship, he became abusive. He wouldn't let me hang out wit my friends anymore, and his excuse was always 'we're a couple, and we stick together whenever possible'. Whenever I protested, he would hit me, kick me, anything to make me shut up. I learned right away that whenever I screamed he would hit even harder, sometimes enough to make me pass out. To explain all my injuries to my friends, I would lie and say that we were playing tackle football and I landed in a bush or something. I felt really bad about not telling the truth about my cuts and bruises, especially to Ian, whom I told everything, and he did the same with me.

Alexi and I have been dating for almost two years, and not one week would go by without him forcing me to have sex with him. In fact, we don't make love, we don't even have sex. He fucks me.

Ian noticed my paused and titled his head, "Is everything okay between you and Alexi?"

"No... Every thing's okay," I smiled at him, then started walking towards the front door, but he didn't follow, "Ian, since when have I ever lied to you?"

For almost two years.

Leave me alone.

He smile and hugged me, "You're right Ashlie, you two are... Awesome together, never fighting and everything," he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek, "I'm happy if you're happy."

"Same here."

NOT.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story =) I know, it's gonna be kinda slow at the beginning... Sorry about that. Comments appreciated, but you don't have to if you don't want to.
Sandrine