Status: Active

Say Your Prayers, You're Really Gonna Need Them.

Shoulders are wide this time,

★ ★ ★ - Indicates point of view change.

★★★

I looked down at the body in the hands,

“Dead...” I whispered to myself and to the person themselves, I dropped the corpse regrettably.
I sat down next to it, not knowing what quite to do next.

I know I had to conceal it but I’d worry about that in a moment once Matthew and Danny returned.

I had been hungry; actually that’s quite the understatement... I had been ravenous and if I'm quite honest I could without doubt suck another body dry.

Earlier, when I met up with Matthew and Danny the burn in my throat had become agonizing.
It took a great amount of self-discipline for me just to get to a secluded area and not pounce on the first person I came across.

What made matters about a thousand times worse was the fact that when we were all walking I passed the main road that held Ruse’s coffee shop and to top that off, she was outside.

Although I was about 40 yards away I could smell her... it made me feel as though there was a vice around my neck.

Beads of sweat broke out on my forehead and my hands became increasingly clammy.

“Get me away from here.” I shouted abruptly, drawing attention to Matthew, Danny and myself.

But I couldn’t help it; the need was overpowering.

I knew what would have taken place if I didn’t escape now and it made me worry.
So In that next instant when I took off at vast speed, I couldn’t have been faulted.

I let my legs carry me at a pace that looked like I was naturally quick as opposed to supernatural.

Leaving Matthew and Danny behind to heed in what had come over me in that split second.
By the time they caught up I was practically at the woods. We broke up again to hunt and indulge in our tastes.

Matthew preferred woman, I'm not so fussy but tonight I needed something generous and substantial.

Which leads me back to where I am now, scrutinizing this corpse that was becoming progressively more cold with every passing minute.

“Hey.” Danny’s voice cut in to my train of thought; I turned to look at him before nodding something that hopefully was interpreted as a greeting.

A short moment later Matthew reappeared and the next few seconds in time were spent just looking intently at the body.

“Hmm... you must have been starving.” Matthew commented.

Keeping my back to them I replied “To the point that it hurt.”

I stood shakily before turning to look at them.

“You got a little...” Danny said pointing at his chin, I wiped the back of my hand across my mouth, and seeing the blood, licked it spotless.

“Anyway, we best get a move on getting this gone.” Danny said again clapping his hands together in momentum; it didn’t take all of us to move the body, barely one when unfed but never the less Matthew helped me obscure it whilst Danny stood by checking for any signs of human life.

While doing the deed Matthew filled me in on whom he just feasted from.
Apparently a pretty young woman, who he hoped would wake back up.

But deep down we both knew Matthew actually couldn’t give less of shit whether she woke up or rotted into the ground, but I still couldn’t tell whether or not this was a dig at me.

I was in no mood, I just wanted to go home and respite.
“Okay job done.” Matthew said to no one in particular, and then began explaining what he thought we should do for the rest of the evening, looks like going home was out of the question for now.

We ended up in a bar, nothing interesting and all the while I inwardly begged for my quarters.
I sat tearing up a small beer matt, before following Danny and Matthew’s gazes which were locked in sight of two women playing pool.

Easily seeing where this was going, it was my ticket out. I swigged the last of my beer before scraping my chair back.

“You going up to the bar?” Danny asked; his stare still directly on the girls’ path.

I rolled my eyes, “No I'm going to call it a night.” I replied.

This comment got both of their attentions and they averted their eyes away to meet mine.

“You’re a complete light weight, you know that?” Matthew smiled.

“Fuck you.” I smiled wearily, before saying my au revoirs and leaving them to return to their next conquests of food or otherwise.

I couldn’t care less.

★★★

Friday I was back in college, seriously bugged that it was dragging like a dilapidated car bumper.

I saw no sign of Harlan; which surprised me, what surprised me more was the fact that I had no clue how to feel about it.

The weekend was dull; Saturday was spent round Ellen’s like a very normal teenage girl.
Ellen, Verity and I spent that night watching Romcom’s and eating our weights in anything that adorned Ellen’s fridge or freezer.

“So then,” Ellen began and instantly I froze; I knew that probing and rather annoyingly triumphant tone of voice anywhere.

“...boys?” she grinned.

“Hah,” Verity guffawed “the closest I got was a frenzied kiss at that party we went to, and no. I didn’t know his name... or if he was even remotely attractive. Not my finest hour I can tell you.” she sighed.

“Hmmm...Speaking of not the finest hours,” Ellen responded, turning her attention directly on me. “How did you end up getting home Wednesday from the pub...? I mean you were pretty drunk Ruse.” She asked with mocking innocence.

I narrowed my eyes at her, before swallowing and putting on the exact same tone of voice she just used.

“Well gee Ellen, I don’t seem to have a clue what you’re insinuating there.” I said looking her straight in the eye.

“Uh am I missing something? I was at that pub...OH WAIT I lied, or should I say forgot.
I did get some action Wednesday too! Which is probably why, I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Verity valuated.

“Well Verity... I happen to know a very nice young man looked after Ruse after she drank herself legless and I was not around to assist, so she needs to come off it and dish the serious details.” Ellen grinned wickedly.

“There’s nothing to tell.” I shrugged faking nonchalance.

“You weren’t at college the next day.” Ellen chortled raising an arched eyebrow.

“The result of a raging hangover.” I shrugged.

“...And neither was he.” she replied pushily.

Ah that took me off guard... I looked down at my shoes, which was the biggest mistake because as soon as I did Ellen knew.

“OH MY GOD YOU STAYED AT HIS HOUSE!” she screamed, practically falling off the sofa.

“Oh...Jesus, get your eyes back in your skull... yes...ok? I stayed round his house but nothing happened he was very much a... gentleman.”

Nothing did happen, that was true.

So I didn’t feel bad for saying so... I also failed to mention that I had stayed there a few times and things had happened but certainly not in the way Ellen was insinuating, I could never explain what had taken place without sounding like I was on serious drugs.

“Hmm...Ok, but you like him?” Ellen probed, not stopping until she heard something satisfactory.

“Define like?” I asked with a roll of my eyes.

“No... No need, that’s all I wanted to know.” Ellen giggled mischievously.

“Wow... you sure? Don’t want to tie me to a chair and perform Chinese water torture on me until I scream for mercy or anything?” I asked sarcastically.

“Piss off... and no I'm satisfied.” Ellen laughed again, making me sag with relief.
Sometimes I forgot how intimidating Ellen could become once she had her mind set on something that took her fancy.

Just like Harlan.

I frowned but thought nothing of it and was quite content on enjoying the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Absolutely gutted, i received no comments last chapter!

Thought i might do a comment count goal, something to work towards before i update again?

So,

Comment Goal: 8

Get creative and wordy readers ;)