Status: Active

Say Your Prayers, You're Really Gonna Need Them.

I'm not your toy,

★ ★ ★ - Indicates point of view change.

-

Switching the TV and downstairs lights off, I decided to hit the hay.
I climbed the stairs and went straight to my room, closing the door behind me.

My bed sheets done the job of reducing my jitters, even if it was only slightly.

I spent a little while simply staring off into the dark, until my eyes became weary and I started to doze.

I tossed and turned until I found myself on my back. But this feeling...It was still there, and actually roused me conscious. I glanced over at my clock; it was a little after 12.
I sighed, annoyed; but attempted to shut my eyes once more.

That was, until I felt a cool breeze on my face, my eyes sprung open and I saw Harlan leaning over me.

Closing my eyes quickly I spoke;

“Trick of the mind, trick of the mind.” repeating this to myself like a mantra, thinking I was only dreaming.

That was until I heard a little chuckle, “‘Fraid not.” he said.

This made me sit up; he was lying in my bed next to me. “What the fuck are you doing?!” I asked angrily, and he just stared at me lazily.

“Isn’t it obvious? I came to see you... I wasn’t going to for a week, but I couldn’t wait.” he smiled.

“Well what do you want?” I asked sourly.

But the way his facial expression changed suddenly told me everything I needed to know.
I suddenly felt myself clam up, like I couldn’t fill my lungs properly.

“Ruse...” He said quietly, obviously sensing all types of distress.
I ignored his gentle co-axing, putting a hand on his chest and another on my own.

After managing to inhale I attempted standing, I did this in a stupid bid for freedom.
But he was straight there in front of me,

“You’re only making this harder on yourself, working yourself up. So lay down.” he whispered.

His voice made me look up at him; his eyes weren’t those of a monster... just a stranger I knew.

Pools of hazel set in a very captivating face.

I hated him in that second, but was feeling something else and I just couldn’t put my finger on what it was.

I made a small noise of protest, but he ignored it and lowered me back into the position I had been in originally on my warm sheets.

But instead of doing what I was anticipating, he simply lie next to me and began gently tracing patterns into my skin.

I relaxed slowly and couldn’t seem to bring myself to panic even when he moved; he kissed my palm and slowly worked his way up my arm, past my throat and to my face, eventually residing on my lips.

I kept my eyes closed because deep down I knew it was coming, my mind was telling me to struggle but I didn’t move, not even when his kisses stopped, not even when his finger was under my chin and not even when he was gently manoeuvring my head to one side.

I was almost disjointed and yet perfectly aware of him and everything that was happening, like the way his breath was making me cold and how I shivered when he ran his fingertips down my side.

And then the way the hot pain made me catch my breath and claw at his back.

Then eventually the falling feeling as he took me down.

★★★

I pulled away, taking a collective gasp before collapsing next to a comatose Ruse.
I tried to steady my breathing and gather my thoughts, those that were now scattered everywhere in my brain.

I stared at her sleeping form for the longest time; all the while my adrenalin was building from the fresh blood that was coursing through my body.

I stood apprehensively, it was an unnecessary action as Ruse would be sound asleep for a while as her strength rebuilt, but never the less I carefully I removed myself from her room.
Standing in the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror, before splashing my face with cool water.

Upon my return I quietly removed my leather jacket and draped it over the end of her bed before kicking off my black boots.

I eased myself back in next to Ruse, I wanted to stay with her for a bit; even If I chose to leave before she awoke, I wanted to be there... just for a little while.

I could still smell the saccharine of the blood, its decadence stained the walls, polluted the air, burning my nose and throat but I shrugged it off, it was my own doing and worth this trade.

I slipped an arm around Ruse’s waist and closed my eyes.

I wouldn’t sleep... but I could imagine what it would be like.

-

I sat up around dawn; I’d been lying for just over five hours listening to Ruse’s breathing.

I gently got up off the bed, shoving my feet back into my boots and my arms into my coats sleeves before going down stairs and eventually retreating to the garden.

I lit a cigarette and watched as the sun began to rise out from behind the horizon, the world around me becoming illuminated with light.
♠ ♠ ♠

Hey everyone sorry i didnt update yesterday, i had to perm my mothers hair... oh the joy.

Comments would be lovely, let me know what you think of this chapter!