Status: Active

Say Your Prayers, You're Really Gonna Need Them.

I'm staring from a distance,

★ ★ ★ - Indicates point of view change.
This chapter contains reference to drugs.

★★★

I walked across the motel car park giving a sarcastically friendly wave to the desk lady.

She had looked up at me when I had tried to get a key slightly dumbfounded before saying

‘how you didn’t get many like me around these parts anymore.’

I had frowned and asked what she had meant and she just tapped her nose as if to say
‘I know.’

So I just went along with it... that was until she had spotted Ruse.

“Now listen to me young man. I don’t know what you’re planning, but its quiet around here... keep it that way... that girl best come out okay in the morning... we have security cameras you know?” she narrowed her eyes as she spoke.

“I can assure you, no harm will come to that girl... she’s important.” I confessed with my best attempt at a reassuring smile.

For a single second I swear I saw something in the old woman’s eyes; like a little light had gone off as she nodded to me like she understood what I was saying.

I don’t know how or what she understood, I could barely fathom it myself... I was confused, hungry and drunk.

But I just took the key and had walked off, over to Ruse... I’d always been taught not to question a good thing.

So now here I was walking back across, with the old ladies kindly eyes on me as I made my way to the shop.

I decided the best idea for me now was to make a short stop off before the shop itself, so I slipped into the dark out of sight and waited.

I didn’t need to linger long before a woman stumbled past, she was on drugs... I could smell the cocaine on her.

I leant down and when she walked past I skilfully pocketed her phone, she didn’t even notice and I let her walk a few paces before I stepped out behind her into the light.

“Excuse me.” I called out calmly.

She spun around incredibly quick and fixed me with an annoyed glance.

“What?” she questioned aggressively and I sighed inwardly before raising my eyebrows and fixing her with a very innocuous stare.

“You dropped your phone.” I replied, brandishing the small black piece of plastic.

For a moment her features softened and she walked over to attempt removing it from my hand.
But I was quick and grabbed her wrist, she hollered out faintly before I pulled her with me into the dark alley and sunk my teeth into her throat.

-

I didn’t drink enough to kill the woman, laying her back against the wall.

On returning her phone to her handbag I pulled out two small bags of cocaine, I smiled before putting one in my pocket and dipping my finger in the other.

I wiped the powdery residue round her nose, so if anyone found her before she woke she would look as though she’d sniffed herself into unconsciousness.

I got what I wanted from the shop...more cigarettes and alcohol and even something for Ruse to eat before making my way back to our room.

Ruse looked up at me with tired eyes before shaking an empty cigarette packet, the last one dangling in her lips.

“We are officially out.” she mumbled, sparking up the white stick and dropping the empty pack nonchalantly.

“So it’s a good job I’m resilient.” I replied, brandishing the plastic bag and placing it down on the bed next to her.

She looked through and her eyes went wide;

“What is this, a bender?” she asked causing me to laugh heartily.

“No it’s a Friday, which as far as I'm concerned is a day to drink... I sober up far quicker than you do anyway.” I smiled casually.

She looked thoughtful for a moment before shrugging and removing a bottle of beer.
“I found something.” I said casually.

“Oh?” she asked, laying herself back and looking up the ceiling.

I removed the bag from my pocket and showed her.
She frowned deeply “And where did you find this?” she asked, still frowning.

“If I told you that I’d have to kill you” I replied lightly.

“Nothing would surprise me.” she snipped.

“I resent that.” I snarled.

“Hey you said it.” she replied flippantly.

“So do you want some?” I asked

“How do you even know what it is?” she frowned.

“Trust me, I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ouch, lost one of you guys this week :(

Can anyone tell me why?

Also thanks to those who commented, can we keep it up?

And last but not least, subscribers please?