Status: Active

Say Your Prayers, You're Really Gonna Need Them.

They stole the children,

★ ★ ★ - Indicates point of view change.

-

Letting myself back out of Harlan’s house it triggered a weightless effect, causing me to sigh in relief before walking quickly down and out of his road.

The walk home itself was quiet, the weather just as grey as before and now becoming increasingly cold as early evening set in.

It was half 4 and I needed to be at work for 6, so I increased my pace stopping only to go into a shop to pick up some cigarettes.

On my way to the counter though something caught my eye,

BODY COUNT RISES AS NEW VICTIM FOUND.

A second body has been found near the woodland perimeter surrounding
Yarders Lake, in the early evening hours of yesterday.
The body has been identified as 17-year-old Erica Ukiyah,
Who was reported missing two days ago.
although the body was well concealed, it was stumbled
across by two young school children who were on their way
home from school.
The children, who have been asked by their parents to not be
Indentified have been described as “seriously traumatized.”
It is suspected that Erica’s murder was a follow up to the murder
committed last month, as both bodies have similar causes of death
and have been found within walking distance of each other.
The police have described themselves to be doing “All they can.”

FULL STORY ON PAGE 3


“Oh God...” I whispered to myself, glancing closer at the page.

“Take it you’ve seen the second murder story.” The cashier replied from behind the counter, as if I had been directly speaking to him.

“Yeah.” I replied, my tone downcast as I walked towards the counter.

Handing him the newspaper, I requested my cigarettes and went to pay.

“It’s such a shame, who on earth would want to be doing something like this?” he murmured, his salt and pepper brows coming together to create a frown.

“That’s the question, I’m pretty certain she went to my college... not that I knew her personally.” I shrugged as he handed my change.

“Damn shame,” He repeated vacantly. “Listen you be careful, keep yourself at home when the sun goes down, that’s when the weirdoes come out.” He muttered with a nod.

“Will do, thank you for the...” I replied uneasily holding up my purchases.

He only nodded again before busying himself at the counter and as I turned to leave I had a knot form in my stomach.

Night’s when the weirdoes come out.

Maybe Harlan was wrong, maybe people paid more attention that he thought.

-

When I got to work I was a little breathless from the brisk walk I took, almost making myself late from fussing around at home.

Saying my hello’s to everyone I pulled on my apron and put away my bag, getting ready to take my place at the counter.

The night was slower than normal, clearly the news of a second murder meaning people averted staying out any later than humanly possible, only a few students today and even they looked on edge.

But after an hour I was filling a few more orders and coffee thrillers was beginning to look more like it’s normal self.

Handing a low fat mocha to a seriously overweight middle aged woman, I caught sight of my hand.

A large purple bruise had formed and it made me queasy just looking at it.

“Hey Ruse, you alright?” Adam asked, breaking my train of thought.

“Yeah...yeah just had a blood test today, pretty stressful and I got this,” I laughed, holding my hand up for inspection.

“Hurts like a mother.” I finished, placing my arm back by side.

“Yeah looks as though it would.” Adam nodded enthusiastically, a look of dismay on displayed on his face, which caused me to smile.

“Hey, something’s different about you,” I frowned, “Your hairs so short!” I guffawed.

Adam laughed, “Yeah, went a bit crazy with the clippers... my mother is horrified.” he replied whilst running his hands over his buzz cut embarrassedly.

“Thinks you’re turning into a thug ay?” I smiled.

“Something like that.” He chuckled.

Just after Joelle came over and offered me a break, which I took and standing out in the cold air I lit up a cigarette watching as the shops began to close up for the evening and those who weren’t scared off by the increasing crime levels got ready for the night life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone, just gotta say sorry if i said that we'd see Harlan in this chapter, i was wrong but we will definitely see him in the next ;)

So comment and subscribe and i will send him your way! :}
Have a good weekend all!