Status: Active

Say Your Prayers, You're Really Gonna Need Them.

Well you're just a male.

★ ★ ★ - Indicates point of view change.
Warning: This chapter contains somewhat graphic violence.

★★★

I couldn’t concentrate.

The sweat was trickling down my forehead and I was paying more attention to that than the girl who was moaning and writhing underneath me.

Trying to build a steady rhythm with my hips was proving more difficult than I thought it would be.

The second girl in three days and just like the others before her she was attractive... but not who I was looking for.

We met in a bar only a few hours earlier, I had bought her a drink and spun her lies about a life of mine that didn’t really exist.

She had been interested or at least drunk enough to seem so, and within a few hours I was at her house and tangled up in the sheets with her.

I thought back to earlier today when I had returned home, the first thing I noticed was the smell, that which penetrated through my whole persona.

Ruse’s smell... her mouth watering, mind-fucking smell.

But this time, unlike the many instances before, I wasn't imagining it; it was clinging to everything in my house like an unwelcome guest.

At least I say unwelcome... but I’m lying.

The second thing I had noticed upon inspection of every room was the other scent, it wasn't Ruse and it wasn’t human.

But it was duller, which meant whatever it had been had left before or during Ruse’s unexpected drop by.

But unlike I usually would, I ignored it... all of it and chose to busy myself with a prop for the evening, especially after getting track of Ruse had made me famished.

And so, here I was... this girls moaning bringing me back to the room.

She was annoying me now.

I thrusted harder, causing her noise to increase even further, she tried to kiss me but I pulled back, instead opting to plant kisses along her throat, or at least that’s how it would have appeared.

Time to end this.

Just as those thoughts entered my mind I bit down on her throat, hard and verging on animalistic.

She screamed and thrashed about, but I just held my hand over her mouth tightly before spitting out a scrap of her flesh onto the floor and continued on my merry way.

Her heart stopped beating after 3 minutes of the initial bite; I removed my hand and drank her body of every last drop.

When I pulled away I took a couple of deep breaths, trying to steady my lungs and wiping my lips of any residue.

I looked down at the body in the bed, her face frozen in her last painful moments, blood that had gotten away from my malicious mouth now trickling slowly over her breasts.

And even when pulling on my jeans casually I tried to feel something, but I didn’t, couldn't feel a thing; no remorse, no sympathy.

She to me was disposable, and that’s exactly what I was doing.

Shrugging on my jacket, I walked slowly towards the door.

“Thanks for the evening.” I muttered, before pulling the door shut and leaving her cold corpse to sleep in the darkness.

Making sure no one saw me leave I was stepped out into the cold air, the difference quite palpable from the temperature of the apartment block.

I walked home slowly, my mind deep in thought.

I'm devoid of all emotion.

Except I wasn't, there was some emotion but it was only held for Ruse.
Trying to be emotive or empathetic was draining; it wasn't who I was now, or who I was built to be.

Every now and again I would think about a detail or event of my past life, and something would stir inside me.

But most of the time there was nothing and the only emotion I’d had for anything else was now solely appointed to anything to do with Ruse.

It was her, only her.

I wasn't sure why I was avoiding her, with everything in the hotel it was hard, but every day the craving for her blood and company grew vicious inside me, building and unfurling.

She had done something when she entered my house today, awoken something I’ve tried so hard to keep doused.

It was only a matter of time before I had her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this one isn't super long, but i thought since everyone was asking about him that i would present you with Harlan, uncut.

Is everyone still liking this story?
It's got quite a few more chapters yet and a reader pointed out that it was going too slow?

Does everyone think this? Because i personally don't want to rush it because i dont think you get to savour the story as much? But that might just be me so let me know please!

I don't want to let you guys down.

And also it's only ever the same readers who comment, and bless them they're lovely! [and should know how much i appreciate by now!]

But never the less i'd love to hear from the other 50 or so subscribers lol.

Speaking of which comments and subscribers would be beauuuuutiful!

:]