Status: Active

Say Your Prayers, You're Really Gonna Need Them.

I followed suit and laid out on my back, imagine that.

★ ★ ★ - Indicates point of view change.
Warning: This chapter contains sexual content.

-

When I woke up, I was coughing a spluttering, trying urgently to catch my breath.
My eyes were sore, and my whole body ached.

Harlan’s room was dim, the only source of light was a lamp next to the bed and the curtains were drew shut tight.

I looked at the clock on the bedside table; it read 4:56 am, which meant I hadn’t been asleep for long, a little over 4 hours.

Looking down I realized I was only in one of Harlan’s shirts, which means he’d removed my clothes when I was inert.

Thinking back to what had happened, I could only ask why it was that I had been out cold, but I think I already knew the answer, deep down.

Throwing the covers back, I shivered. His house was always so cold; always had a chill to it regardless of time or climate.

I stood on rickety legs and was a little dismayed when I couldn't find any of my own clothes, not even my tights.

I huffed, before leaving the room and going to the bathroom, with my bag in hand, it sounded shallow but I at least wanted to see what was going on with my face before I confronted Harlan.

I listened out on my way through the hallway for any signs of life, but heard nothing to make me think that I wasn't alone.

Where could he be?

Shutting myself in the bathroom I cringed at my reflection, I decided that having a lightening quick shower would probably help me feel less like I was about to keel over and with any luck, heat me enough to stop the temperature fuelled shudders that kept cascading over my body.

Once I was finished, I dressed back into my underwear and Harlan’s shirt before tinkering a little with my face and running a brush through my birds nest hair.

I looked through my bag quickly and was quite shocked when I found the remainder of my wine, I was so thirsty and even though alcohol was a dehydrating drink I couldn't stop myself from taking a few glugs as I sat on the toilet seat.

Dutch courage.

I thought feebly as my stomach did diminutive somersaults, I was worried to face Harlan for real.

After the wine was gone, which I hadn’t originally intended on doing, I was a little bleary.

But the flip-flopping in my stomach had gone, so I decided it couldn't be a bad thing, I brushed my teeth, which made me wince because of the taste and it wasn't long until I was back in the hallway, at the top of the stairs and then eventually in the downstairs foyer.

I still had my bag in the crease of my elbow, hoping it would cover a little bit of my modesty as I walked into the living room.

Harlan was half laid out on the sofa, smoking a cigarette with a beer sat on the table.

He looked at me, his eyes roaming over my shirt-clad skin before resting back onto my face, which my now was a slight red colour.

I yanked down at the shirt a little, knowing that it wouldn’t make the blind bit of difference.
“I’ve seen it all before.” He murmured keeping his eyes locked on my own.

I frowned, before taking a seat in the arm chair which was situated at the end of his couch, his eyes never left me, even when I had crossed my legs and place a pillow over the top of them which made him smirk.

“You haven’t seen me... not all of me anyway.” I replied, averting my gaze to the pillow, which I plucked an imaginary thread from.

When I looked back, I had to stem an intake of breath.

Harlan had managed to sit up, without me even noticing. He looked almost predatory, which made me feel ill at ease.

He let out a low chuckle, taking a small swig of the beer before his voice sounded,
“Do I frighten you Ruse? Make you anxious?” he asked, returning his gaze to me.

I bit my lip, not knowing how to answer but I decided with the truth.

“Things you do, scare me.” I replied, watching him now just as he was with me.

He looked thoughtful for a second, before smiling slowly, “I like that.” He replied.

Not liking where this was going, I attempted to change the subject... it felt as though he was playing the games he was when we were at the hotel.

“Where have you been?” I asked a little sadly, although trying to keep gloomy tone out of my voice.

He was still looking at me, like he had never seen me before in his life, inquisitiveness burning through his eyes and creeping onto my skin.

He swallowed quite obviously before speaking,

“Nowhere, everywhere, maybe I was finally giving you what you wanted, time and space away from me.” He chided.

I looked down again, “Oh, ok.”

A few moments passed quietly, I was listening to any noises that sounded throughout the house with artificial interest, I could still feel Harlan’s eyes bearing into my whole being like a spear, but I made no attempt to look back.

“Why were you in my house?” he asked suddenly, breaking the silence and taking me off guard.

This made me stare at him now, and for a second I considered lying, asking him what he was talking about.
“Don’t.” He replied strictly, he clearly wasn't in the mood for it.

I sighed, and took a look up to the ceiling before biting my lip and meeting his gaze.

“I don’t know.” I replied before looking at my feet.

He was in front of me in a second, so close that his forehead was almost touching mine, I could smell death on him, but I was too afraid right now to even ask him why.

“You don’t know why, you broke into my house?” he asked, his breath fanning over my face, cool and shiver inducing.

“I-I... don’t know what I was thinking, I had been to hospital and thought I saw you, then I... I fainted and dreamt about you. I always dream about you... or have nightmares and you’re in them.

It's- just... If I was never going to see you again, I needed closure, needed to make sure you were okay.” I blurted out, all the words just falling out of my mouth before I even had time to think them over, I blamed the alcohol, but I knew deep down that saying those words were getting a lot off my chest.

His hazel eyes flashed with something, I wasn't sure what, before he leant back a little on his heels and turned to pull out another cigarette, lighting it between his lips and taking a couple of drags before pushing it in between mine.

After taking a toke, I thanked him.

He leant into me again, causing me to blow smoke in this face; he paused before picking up my free hand and running his nose along the length of my exposed wrist, inhaling deeply.

I didn’t even have the energy to frown, so I just watched.

“I knew it was you, the moment I opened the door.” He sighed, before smelling again.

Harlan never elaborated on what he meant, because he frowned suddenly, lifting his face very close to my own again causing me to freeze.

“Did you drink again?” he asked, furrowing his eyebrows together.

I paused, causing him to shoot me a perplexed look.

I sighed, before nodding and exhaling the dancing silver smoke.

“Why?” he asked, and I just shook my head.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged.

“You don’t know a lot today, do you?” he sighed.

I laughed astringently, leaning back away from him.

“I haven’t known a lot for a while, not since I met you.” I replied, taking the last draw from the cigarette.

He smirked lopsidedly, causing my heart to skip a beat; I couldn't deny that I’d missed him.

“Thank you, for tonight.” I said bashfully.

My hand was still in Harlan’s and he was now looking at it a great deal, he traced his finger over the pale blue line in my wrist, making my whole body tingle.

“I knew someone like you couldn't stay safe forever alone, so that’s okay.” He smiled again, looking me in the eyes.

I didn’t know what to do; the wine was pulsing through my body making my cheeks warm and my head ambiguous.

“I can... look after myself.” I frowned.

He leant forward again, I was still too far back in the seat for him to reach me properly but he was closing the distance between us slowly, causing my heartbeat to sound in my ears.

“Are you sure?” he asked, tugging me forward a little and placing a little kiss on my throat.
I shivered greatly, my head was swimming. “No.” I sighed.

“I didn’t think so.” He breathed into my neck.

“Why did you come back?” I whispered.

He paused for a split second, before pulling my head so our foreheads were now indeed touching.

“To finish what I started.” He smirked.

Before crashing his lips to mine.

-

In the next instance I wasn't quite sure what was happening.
Harlan was kissing me with such force that I couldn't think, couldn't breathe.

He pushed me back onto the armchair, swiping my bag and the pillow off and resting his knee in between my legs.

His lips were persuasive and found myself kissing him back with as much need as he was.
Grabbing my hand, he lifted me up off the arm chair, pulling me close to his body before walking me backwards, out of the door.

We never took a breath.

The next thing I knew when I pulled away was that we were upstairs, and his bedroom door was practically screaming at us.

We paused, looking each other dead in the eyes before he grinned and led me into his room.

There was only a dim light cast over the bed, making everything hazy as I was enveloped in Harlan’s arms.

After breaking away from the kiss, Harlan pushed me with enough force to make me fall back onto the bed and took this opportunity to straddle me.

As he leant down, he paused and just looked at me.

“I’ve never wanted anyone so much in my whole life.” He whispered breathily.

I smiled a little, “So take me.” I murmured bluntly causing him to smirk again before kissing me hungrily, tracing his fingertips down my side like he hadn’t done in what felt like forever.

He pulled his hands away to begin unbuttoning the shirt I was wearing; he did it slow and deliberately, never breaking contact between our lips.

When the last button came undone, he pulled away and sat up to look at me again, I felt a little edgy, never liking anyone to pay too much attention, and the minute the thought crossed my mind I blushed, making him stare into my eyes.

The next instance I felt my mind spin a little and the self conscious thoughts ebb away.

As he brought his lips down to mine, before kissing down to my neck he whispered in my ear,
“I won't let you be embarrassed for being beautiful.” Before kissing down my body and again using his fingertips to trace patterns into my skin, leaving cold tingly paths in their wake.

Harlan pulled away quickly to pull off his shirt and jeans, tossing them away to meet my shirt on the floor.

I couldn't stop the little gasp that escaped my lips when Harlan’s wrapped around one of my nipples, sucking and biting until they stood up, awake.

He did the same to the other, whilst I felt his hand slip down to my underwear, going underneath the seam and gently running his fingers along my slit.

I gasped again, from the shock and from the cold temperature of his hands, but he didn’t stop, gently manipulating me with his fingers, causing little moans to break away from my mouth.

I know Harlan was experienced when it came to being under the covers, God knows he would be after this many years.

I only had a couple of experiences to go on and they were nothing like this, shuddering in the remembrance of previous fumbles; Harlan’s voice was what brought me back to the room.

“You’re over thinking this,” He whispered with a smile, whilst tugging my panties down and kissing my legs.

“Don’t.” He finished, in the same breathy tone as he positioned himself in between my legs, his stiffness, brushing the inside of my thigh and making me a little nervous.

“You ready?” he asked, holding his weight by his arms placed on either side of my body.
I closed my eyes and nodded as Harlan lined himself up and planted a kiss on my lips before pushing inside me slowly.

I exhaled, whilst he waited a few moments for me to become accustomed to him before pushing in again.

“Fuck...” Harlan whispered in my ear as he used his hips to build a steady rhythm, making me moan.

Biting my lip, he slowly began pumping fiercer and more rapidly, making the bed rock along with our bodies.

Harlan placed his hands underneath my back, grabbing my skin a little roughly and pulling me closer to his body.

It wasn't long until my body truly reacted to everything he was doing, making me wrap my legs around his hips and causing him to impel in deeper.

Our breathing was growing louder as we both came closer to the edge, the thrumming in my belly becoming incessant.

And I winced when a particularly cavernous thrust made me bite my lip harder causing a ripping pain to reverberate through it.

“Ow... shit.” I muttered breathlessly as the metallic taste mingled on my tongue.

Opening my eyes I noticed Harlan was looking at me with a new and unbridled wave of lust in his eyes.

We looked at each other with conflicted eyes, not being able to decide what to do as his thrusts were far too intense and mind-blowing.

But the blood was running down my chin now, as if to tease and tempt; I couldn't stop the worry that was growing along with my impending orgasm because if Harlan mistook me for someone else, he could end up killing me, like he has in this position so many times before.

As another wave of pleasure hit me, I moaned, clawing at Harlan’s back.

I was so close now, I just wanted to not have to think for a single second, and when Harlan’s lips met mine, I knew that soon I wouldn’t have to and that the ball would be in his court.

When my blood mingled in between our lips, I heard Harlan moan causing him to kiss me so fiercely that I felt his canines materialize.

I wouldn’t have a choice soon.

“Just... do it.” I whimpered audibly as I heard the growl resound in this throat.

My whole body was tingling, with anticipation and fear, but as my orgasm washed over me I was too wrapped up in it to notice that he was about to bite me, I threw my head back from the sheer vivacity of the climax and it wasn't shortly after that Harlan followed suit, before burying his head into my throat and biting down so brutally that I screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
There we have the long awaited sex scene, i never said i was any good at writing them though.

Hey all, i'm so sorry about the chapter wait, i was stranded out of my house due to the snowfall, which meant no laptop!

Hopefully chapter length makes it a little easier to forgive me;
but seriously, did you think i'd leave you hanging through choice?!

Subscribe and comment?