Status: Active

Say Your Prayers, You're Really Gonna Need Them.

The tragedies reside in you

★ ★ ★ - Indicates point of view change.

-
★★★

What am I thinking? I thought desperately.

She was too close, in my room tucked into my sheets. Her smell was clinging to every fibre of the house.

I have to pat myself on the back I honestly didn’t know I had that much will power.
The problem being that before, I had not actually had the chance to smell her blood.

There were no opportunities thankfully, but now not only had I smelt it seep from a fresh wound I had it momentarily linger on my tongue, tantalizing each separate taste bud.

But her blood was so strange, so different...

I no longer needed the imagination, I had tasted liquid perfection.
And It had now become inescapably harder.

Her arm dripped my life force but I didn’t rip her apart and not doing so was the hardest thing I’d ever come across, and as relieved as I was I now realized the fact that the dry in my throat was becoming ever worse and my breathing was becoming shaky.

Just fight it I thought, but instinct was telling me to go back up there and finish this.
And technically I could, she just didn’t know it.

I felt the beads of sweat break out on my forehead, and my head spun.
That’s when I bolted out the front door, not even stopping to grab my coat, I knew it would have smelt like her and made this so much worse.

I just need to wait, the moment will come either way, whether she wants to or not.
Patience is a virtue, I repeated to myself.

I sprinted up the road, stopping only to follow any type of promising scent and when I did, my mouth sung in delight and my teeth ached; incisors already becoming sharper.
I carried along, running until I saw my next quarry.

A homeless man tucked up inside a sleeping back, I cast a look around and sensing no one I loped towards his direction.
Just like every person I seem to have been feeding from the past few weeks, this man had been drinking heavily.

Surprisingly I'm not an alcoholic just yet.

I leant down, sending him signals to stay asleep; I shuddered before plunging my razor teeth into his jugular.
Every part of me aching to rip his throat out like a savage but didn’t, two in one night meant made me think that I couldn’t afford for people to become suspicious, so using all my willpower I stopped.

I was full but just wanted to be voracious, but I did feed well from him without him becoming a fatality.

I stood and let out a loud breath, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.
And sprinted back towards home, luckily in my moment of mayhem I had still managed to close the door.

But unluckily my key was in coat and not with me, I knew my window was open I just didn’t know if it was worth the jeopardy going through it put us both in.
But I knew either way I would have to face her sometime.

So I climbed skilfully up towards my window and eased myself in silently.
The lamp was no longer on, and Ruse was tucked up in my covers her smell still causing me to ache but not like before, it was duller now.

I needed to get her out of my system but needed to explain the position we were in together.
I sat in the arm chair at the end of my bed, and watched as her chest rose and fell.

I’d wait for an eternity if I really had to.

★★★

On waking up, I was immediately greeted by a pounding pain which originated deep in my skull and behind my eyes.

Everything ached.

Looking round the room I attempted to take it in, it was painted a fresh white with dark panelled wood flooring and white bed sheets, it was simple and fresh.

I noticed my clothes in a pile on a leather arm chair at the end of the bed; I stood up gingerly my muscles causing me to wince.

I picked up the clothes before opening up then door that led onto a landing, and spotting a bathroom towards the end, carried on towards it.
I locked myself in and placed my clothes on the towel rail, I looked at my reflection in the mirror flinching when I saw just how rough I looked.

I stripped out of my borrowed shirt and washed my face and body gently I decided against taking off my bandage that adorned my arm.
Routing through my bag I managed luckily to find deodorant, perfume and makeup.
I tinkered with my face; trying to make myself look more alive and yanked a brush through my hair removing tangles and giving it back its normal wave.

Pulling my now clean dress over my head, I spent a moment relishing the smell of washing powder and on inspection of my tights they were lovely and clean but still not in the best shape with a large hole decorating the knee.

I sighed and unlocked myself from the bathroom and walked back into the bedroom.
My belt was at the end of the bed next to my boots; I pulled it round my waist and shoved my feet into my footwear.

I made the bed, and pulled the curtains back before packing my bag and walking back out on the landing and down the stairs.

I did both of this as quietly as I could, not being able to decide whether or not I had the front to speak to Harlan again, I owed him gratitude but I don’t know if I wanted an explanation regarding what happened last night.

Did I want to remain naive? Surely I couldn’t handle anything else; that which deemed severe on my plate right now.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and poked my head round the banisters corner.
The kitchen was darker than the rest of the house, and although no one was in the room looking
Out into the garden through French doors I saw Harlan looking out into the distance, cigarette dangling between lips.

Now was time to decide, what do I do? Get the hell out now or stay and face the awkwardness which was bound to ensue.

But I never got the choice, for in the next second Harlan had turned and was now staring at me slightly shocked as if he’d never seen me before and I was just wandering around in his house.

He chucked the cigarette away and pulled open the door. I just stood there making no attempt to move, neither of us saying anything, both separated by the long kitchen.

We just stared; racking my brains for something to say but at the last moment bottled it.

“Thank you.” I stuttered before grabbing my bag and turning round, I had a horrible vision of the front door being locked, but someone was clearly looking out for me and it opened
meaning I was now out the door and down the path, whirling round looking for the right way to go.

I couldn’t remember anything familiar about this road and just let my legs go anywhere.
Why was I acting like a frightened child? He had saved my life but I was acting as though he was the reason I was endangered.

My mind buzzed as my legs continued, I dug through my bag and pulled out my own cigarettes lighting one and smoking it at the speed of light.

Looking at me from a stranger’s perspective I must have looked like a drug addict who’d gone 8 rounds with a heavy weight boxer.

And Just as I was beginning to think I was lost I came onto the main road and realized where I was and where I was going.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked this part.