Status: Active

Say Your Prayers, You're Really Gonna Need Them.

Fierce play gets you everywhere.

★ ★ ★ - Indicates point of view change.

-
★★★

I can’t believe I let her go that easily, she had just ran out like a terrified little girl and I had just stood by, staring after her.

I growled in frustration.
My hunger was fast growing; it was never usually this insatiable.
Normally going days without feeding, but being in this house with her scent still lingering was awful. Almost like putting a bulimic in a room with their favourite foods, rich in scent with promising flavours and expecting them not to be tempted.

I pulled on my jacket and walked for a while, I decided to go to a bar and contemplate what I should do, how I should go around this.

I sat alone, and sipping my third drink I realized that I was becoming a vast interest for the two women sitting a table away.

About 10 minutes after this recognition, the brunette of the two rose and made her way over to me, whilst her friend left the bar all together.
She sat down, without an invite and introduced herself.

And there and then I decided that she would be the one to take my interest for the evening.

-
I made myself look as though I was engrossed in what she had to say, she was becoming ever more drunk and came at me rather full on.

Studying her carefully she was obviously attractive, with a short brown bob and dark blue eyes, but not really my type.
After two more rounds of drinks, she asked whether or not I’d like some company for the night.
Who was I to refuse? It’s the best offer I’d had all evening.

I told her to wait for me outside; so that It looked as though we left separately so as not to make anyone suspicious.

We walked along, and she said for me to come back to hers.
I was quite surprised about how forward she was, but I deemed it down to intoxication.

As soon as we walked through her door she was on me, kissing me desperately.
Now don’t get me wrong I wasn’t planning to let it get that far, but this girl was offering me it on a plate it seemed wrong to refuse.

But I needed to lull her into a false sense of security which I think I done spectacularly well.
And as I began unbuttoning her shirt, I inwardly smiled and licked my lips.

Nothing tastes as good as victory.

★★★

Sunday was slow, and with Monday came work.

I only worked in coffee thrillers twice a week; Mondays and Thursday evenings. It was a small business run by a rather dotty woman named Joelle; she was a bit of an entrepreneur, even with her wild streak and young age of 29.

She had even been brilliant about me having time off when I had been ill too, which you have to be respectful towards because bosses don’t have to be compassionate.

The fact that coffee thrillers was a small shop meant that people loved it, the atmosphere was more relaxed than that of larger coffee chains.
It wasn’t overly quiet tonight as students were finishing Uni and wanted to be jacked up on caffeine to carry on all nighters writing papers.

I filled up the machine as my workmate Adam served, but as it was almost his break he asked if I could serve the next customer; I nodded yes.

“Hello, what will you are having today...?” I asked, trailing off as a I caught sight of the customer.
It felt like my breath was stolen from my chest.
There stood Harlan.
I lowered my voice, “what are you doing here?” I asked almost hysterically.

Luckily there were no other customers behind him, so I wouldn’t get in trouble for being so slow.
“We need to talk.” he replied in a cool tone.

“There’s nothing to talk about.”

“You know there is.” he said and reached out to move my hair looking at the small cross on my neck he rubbed his thumb along it and the draughtiness of his skin gave me shivers.

I looked round frantically, but no one seemed to be noticing the exchange.
“Well I can’t speak now.” I said; anything to stop this conversation.

“I’ll wait.”

“There’s no point; I won’t be finishing for a while. Don’t waste your time.”

He smiled, “I’ve got time, like I said I’ll wait.” his voice was even and silky and I felt the blush creep across my cheeks.

“What would you like today then?”

“Hmm,” he scanned the board “just a black coffee, please.” he replied with a smile.
I made his order and he took it, taking a seat near the window in an armchair.

Just as Adam came back I made my excuses and went for a break, glancing at the clock, it was nine now and we closed at ten, I had only an hour to come up with a plan.

I locked myself in the toilet and ran the taps, splashing cold water onto the back of my neck.
My reflection looked scared, but I needed to compose myself.

This man put me seriously on edge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyone actually got an opinion? ;)