Distraction by Attraction

Here it is....

Pacing....that's what everyone backstage was doing, if they weren't doing jumping jacks, or lying on the couch in a catatonic state. I happened to be one of those pacing.

Pre-show nerves never lessened, for any of us. Especially not when we were about to play an enormous sold out arena.

The ritualistic high-fives started. The roar of the crowd let their adrenaline flow into us. A silent moment passed where only the crowd's cheering could be heard, all five of us smiling. All around, the thought was the same; we are lucky bastards.

We took the stage, and - if possible - the crowd's screams were louder. We started off with 'This Is How I Disappear', and the insanity began.

--------------------------------

When we started 'Prison', I could tell something was different - Frank was wandering around the stage more than he had been. Gerard had messed up Toro's hair at least twice. Toro kicked at Gerard both times. Mikey was darting around the stage like crazy....and the most I'd done was break a drumstick, and chuck it into the crowd.

That's when Gerard started...touching himself. Like he often does - he just does it to keep the fangirls interested.

...oh, shit - there was something I was supposed to have done just then, right? I shot a glance at Toro, who was staring daggers at me. Yep, definitely messed something up.
-The first.

--------------------------------

I caught back up to where I was supposed to be, and attempted to ignore anything and everything Gerard was doing...
I saw Frank wander over towards Gerard out of the corner of my eye, and lean his head on his shoulder. Gerard reached up and played with his hair, then pulled him down for a violent kiss. I felt jealousy bubbling through my veins, I could swear Frank had given me an 'in-your-face' glance. Once they'd shoved away from each other, I noticed my drumsticks were no longer in my hands; they were at my feet.
Toro was glaring at me again.
Shit...
-The second.

--------------------------------

By now, Gerard had noticed something was wrong. I think it was purely by the look on Toro's face. Between songs, when we all needed a water break, he ran over and climbed onto my pedestal.
"Dude, what happened?" he asked, holding the mic away from his mouth. I squirmed on my stool, fumbling for words.
"Ah, I dunno, just...stop doing that." I tried to imply what I meant just with my tone, but I could see he didn't get it.
"Doing what?" he asked again, just as I expected. I opened my mouth to attempt an explanation, but Frank could no longer chat up the crowd to distract them; he had gotten them to chant 'Gerard, Gerard, Gerard', so he'd come back. Gerard sighed, and climbed down. I looked down at the set list, and saw 'INO' scribbled haphazardly in Frank's nearly-illegible handwriting. Internally I hoped I wouldn't have to rely on that thing.

--------------------------------

Mikey was standing on one of the monitors, playing and mouthing the lyrics. Gerard walked up behind him, touching him in all manner of inappropriate places. This time, my mind went completely blank - I didn't even notice Toro's death glares. But I DID notice Gerard's.
-The third.

--------------------------------

Finally, it was 'Cancer'. Meaning - finally - I couldn't fuck the song up. I climbed off my pedestal, and stood off to the side of the stage with the guys. I took a swig of my water, then looked at all of their expressions; they looked infuriated. I gave a nervous smile, quickly focusing my attention back on Gerard.

He came to the pause, and smiled ever so slightly. He wandered away from the mic, confusing the crowd - and us. He walked over to me, grabbed my hand, and pulled me back out to the microphone.
Oh, god...he's gonna do something bad to me. I can tell.

I stood there beside him, obviously awkwardly, as he sang the last part. I must've looked as though I was expecting a hard smack to the face.
"'Cause the hardest part of this, is leaving you...." just after the ending line left his lips, he swung around and kissed me hard on the mouth. I stood in shock, my hands hovering at his sides. When my brain came back from vacation, I threw my water bottle into the crowd and wrapped my arms around him tight.
Even the crowd was shocked, but there soon were cheers mixed with 'boo's.

What do I care about them, really?

__________________________________________________________________________

Not at all happy with how this came out, but I just felt the urge to post it. That being said, this might be edited later so it's not so...bleck. (:

Thanks for reading. :D